1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any Nintendo fans?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by SlytherinDamian, Sep 16, 2005.

1. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

2. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Ya that is kind of sad . . . makes me glad to be a playstation guy I love RPGs and all 3 PS (at least the first two so far) had the best ones (imo) nintendo was always second rate N64 same time a PS1. . . . mind you I am biased.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

no it looks pathetic.

Nintendo has blown since the Super Nintendo.

The N64 had very few games, do to the childish graphics so many of the games had, and the crappy format of the cartridge and high licensing fees making most of the game studios run to the PS/Sony.

The Gamecube made it even worse, keeping the fees, using a seperate disc format and style, once again causing background issues, and it made the cartoony graphics a mainstay on the system. Pixel shaders (prolly not the right term i'm looking for) do look nice, but don't overuse them and turn games into moving comic books. There were several games that looked incredible, but they were few and far inbetween.

When the Xbox and PS2 had so many mature rated, excellent titles out for them, going to play Cartoony Game number 50 for the gamecube seems very, very gay.

I'd say at this point they are better off going Sega's route and developing games, they cannot compete with the big pockets of Sony and Microsoft.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I used to be a big Nintendo fan years back but now... what the fuck is wrong with them? Its like they want to be crappy. SNES was the last system I really liked. I had an N64 but only a few games since the rest were shitty. Goldeneye rocked thou! :p

5. Midknight

the thing that sold me on the Super NES, was the RPGs made by Square. When Square told Nintendo to shove it, and went to PSX, so did I.

Goldeneye, Super Mario Cart, (and several fighting games we played while pissy drunk till 4am in the morning) were among the shining jewels for the N64 system, other then that, pfft who cares. I dont even give a damn enough about the system to keep its ROMs and emulator on my system. Considing I have a Atari arcade emu that says alot./

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Perfect Dark for the N64 was pretty sweet i thought .... but i can count the good games on both hands if nintendo is lucky... probably one.. star fox has always been a favorite of mine ... star fox 64 wasnt too bad... but this new shit for gamecube .... -__- a disappointment... kinda like Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicals for GC ...

I predect once the new nintendo console comes out theyll go the route of the dreamcast in a year and a half.... only the super hard core nintendo fans are gonna buy it and theyll lose GOBS of money... and what was once a decent company shall become software only IF that ... just like sega...

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Goldeneye, Super Mario Cart and Star Fox were really the only ones I had. They were awesome multiplayer games when trashed.

That Starfox on gamecube fucking sucks, lol. When I saw it I just shook my head in shame.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Goldeneye rocked, as did a few other games like Zelda: the Ocarina of Time, but the rest were either shit, or I didn't try them. I agree that while this controller is innovative and pretty neat, it'll most likely take the Dreamcast route.

9. Midknight

yeah I enjoyed the Ocarina of time alot, and stafox was crazy with the rumble pack, but I couldn't stand the graphics, too angular, but it was decent for its time.

I like Body Harvest too, Perfect Dark came out way after I stopped paying attention to the system I think. There was one Star Wars game that I though was decent, shadows of the empire I think it was. Thats sad though, that a system with hundreds of games, and I can name only a few on one hand I like, when I'm a vid game junkie usually.

10. Antivash

i agree... my childhood was dominated by videogames as was my teens... but aside from Zelda, star fox, perfect dark, goldeneye and like two others are the only ones ive played or liked.. conker was good for a laugh but it sucked...

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

never like nintendo other then gameboy cause it was portable but now with PSP..well it lower now.. the only good game for nintendo was Goldeneye..nothing else

12. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

were cheap and don't buy consoles. my dad salvaged our nintendos out of the trash. people were throwing them out so now we have 3 of the old nintendos and a nintendo 64. the only thing i ever like playing on it was super smash bros. its the only half-way decent game we got. so i spend most of my time on the internet or playing a gba emulator though my computer can barely run fast enough to play that. so, all in all, i love playing video games, i just don't have them. really sucks.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I'm a Playstation guy, but I loved Super Smash Bros fo N64 and Super Smash Bros Melee for GameCube. But that's really it. On the other hand, I love a lot of games for the playstation systems.

14. Midknight

good thing is, the super nes emu is dirt easy to run even on a ancient PC, and a PSX just requires a halfway old one. My 433 celeron pc in the kids room plays PSX emus just fine.

15. Antivash

yeah... tweaked a bit i could run pretty much most PSX games on my old PII 333 ... was great...

16. Midknight

yep I played alot of Castlevania Symphony of the Night on the Celeron, that was sweet, considering it was better then any game I could run that was a real PC game at the time.

17. Antivash

SotN is one of the best castlevania games out... lament of innonce(PS2) was just beautiful as well... but as far as PSX that was one of my favorite games... i had a copy of FFVII in a CDROM drive permanently, and despite not being so great FFVIII permanently mounted... im a final fantasy (read squaresoft) nut though .. i even enjoyed FF( as childish as it was) ffx-2 and to a degree kingdom hearts...

18. Midknight

ever got a PS2 to judge the Square stuff as they were overpriced and I enjoy the PC.

Seeing the stagnicity (stagnant-iss if that's not a real world o_O) of PC games at the moment, I may grab a budget PS2 and a mod chip.

19. Antivash

should... its worth it... alot of good games ... from square and alot of other people... front mission 4... star ocean ... final fantasy... and if your into those kind of games the romance of the three kingdoms series... very good..

20. Midknight