1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Emprahsque by Someone Else - M - Warhammer 40K

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Thaumologist, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: Emprahsque
    Author: Someone Else
    Rating: It's from 4chan, so call it M to be safe
    Genre: Action / Fix-it fic
    Library Category: Misc - Games
    Pairings: None
    Summary: A Tarrasque appears on Holy Terra. What do?
    Link: 1d4chan front page

The God-Emperor of Mankind realised that shit was fucked, and so summoned a daemon to possess, because he's the God-Emperor and he can do that.

Cue the entire Imperium flipping out.

Obviously, this starts as a crack-fic. A fun story, although it starts losing track of what's going on towards the middle, and doesn't stay as daft.

The Emperor is as overpowered as always, even more so because he's now possessing the body of The Tarrasque (DnD creature, not something you'd send first level adventurers to fight). He rounds up what loyalist Primarchs are still 'alive' in some form or other, gets their heads on straight, and tries to fix the Imperium whilst not getting too upset over the Imperial Creed.

In the process, he also rescues Isha from the Garden of Rot, throws Slaanesh against Khorne's bronze throne, and ponders the oddity that is Lofn.
    Because of course something from /tg/ would need to add in LIIVI, and Bjorn the Fell-Handed makes an appearance or two too. There's bound to be more that I missed on top of that, but I wasn't searching for them. No mention of Terranis or Kitten though.

Knowledge of 40K is almost certainly a requirement, and you'll likely want more than just a quick flick through a codex or two. I had to google a few things whilst reading to make sure it wasn't flying over my head.

The writing isn't brilliant. There's numerous conversations where new speakers fail to start new lines, typos galore, and the Emprahsque's OUTSIDE YELLING VOICE gets irritating after a while. But it is amusing, and at ~90K words, it won't eat up weeks and weeks of your time.

I would have posted this in Almost Recommendable, but it seems to be that we should be posting 3+ in For Review...

So 3/5 for me on this. It's a decent enough story, but starts falling apart before too long, and the writing is not stellar.

It's not a bad story, so I couldn't justify giving it 2. But it isn't particularly great either.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

Please read and review. I'll give it another week until April 1 before I move it.

Right now with just two votes at 3.50 stars and Thaumologist's review above I'd move it into almost recommended.