1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Twisted Reflections By vendetta543 - M - Familiar of Zero/Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Styx0444, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Title: Twisted Reflections
    Author: vendetta543
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Friendship
    Chapters: 56
    Words: 730,051
    Updated: Feburary 29, 2016
    Published: October 19, 2012
    Fandom: Familiar of Zero/Dark Souls crossover
    Pairings: It's complicated.
    Summary: She was a failure of a Mage, unable to cast even the simplest of spells. He was an Undead, a monster used as a pawn in battle he could never understand. They had nothing in common, and yet fate saw it fit to bind the two souls together.

Link

Formerly called "Dark of Zero" for some fucking reason, this one's been ongoing for a while, so I was surprised that I couldn't find it on DLP.

It's a strange story, and I'm having a fair amount of trouble trying to explain it. It started as a canon rehash, with a much lighter tone, and then the author decided they wanted to take the idea seriously around chapter six or so. It never really goes completely off the rails, but enough changed that it feels like it did, even as the author keeps to canon in weird ways.

The writing is solid, and I'm extremely interested in seeing where this will go.

4/5

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is it worth reading if I know nothing of Dark Souls?

3. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Everything important is explained, so you should be fine.

4. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

I liked it but I remember stopping reading around chapter 39 for some reason. It got a little bogged down arund that point IMO. I'd rate it a solid 3/5.

5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Familiar of Zero has always been one of my go to fandoms where, when I'm in the right mood, my quality bar lowers considerably. Basically the fanfiction equivalent for junk food. I can find all sorts of shitty AU summoning concepts fun, and then there's a handful of fics that I absolutely adore.

Even so, while I did go and get up to date on this about a year ago, I couldn't really get into it. The characters and style weren't fun enough to qualify for a "fanfiction junk food" and it felt like it was taking itself too seriously for a FoZ fic, without really having enough interesting stuff elsewhere to make me more interested in the rest of the plot.

I must confess, I can't really remember many of the details at all, but I think I'd have given it a 3/5. Mainly due to respect for its length and effort.

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

This story is a slog to get through. Especially since it's mostly a canon rehash with only a few minor tweaks.

It is technically well written but that doesn't help me not feel bored after a short time.

2/5

7. eyeEdirm

eyeEdirm Banned

hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg