1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

XIII

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Crashy on my ATI RADEON card, and after hearing such rave reviews, I honestly expected a bit more then cell-shaded bad graphics. The cmoic book feel is indeed cool... for a time, till you get annoyed that you drop to your knees so fast you'll think you're a redhead whose initials are G.W.

The patches for 1.1 and 1.3 were easy to find, i couldn't find a working, non virus, or verified real 1.2 patch. I had to go to a fansite forum and get a fan made 1.4 patch, which included 1.1,1.2,1.3 and additional clipping and reloading fixes. Even the official site only includes patch 1.1 (they call it patch 1.01)

The save/load system sucks, and the way to use the quicksave/quick load isn't apparent unless you go digging for the keybindings. For example when you save while playing, you can see how to save, but you cannot load while playing, unless its a quickload, which once again you usually wouldn't notice unless you went digging. The control scheme is over simplified, due to the game also being made for various consoles.

The mouse settings for the game, no matter what, are either too high, or too low. When I first installed the game, they were turned so low I almost couldn't use the mouse it took so long to get it anywhere.. but low and behold I couldn't use the keyboard to select anything.

The targeting reticle is a dot. Not cross hairs, not a complicated thing... but a big, fat white dot that pretty much means.. "You're gonna shot everything around this dot, but not in the center of it"

For hearing so much about this game, I expected better. Having played Unreal Tournament 2003, which is the engine this game is based off of supposedly, I thought it'd be sweet, instead I get clunky, angular animation with little attention to detail.

Maybe it gets better as time goes on in the game, I've heard the story line is excellent. I think I'll go try Ultimate Spiderman to see how another cellshader game looks