1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mercenary, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

So whos looking forward to playing BF2142? I have the demo and I can say its pretty fun. A decent graphics card and a good internet speed is all you need. Though you die very fast. It takes some getting use to but after the intial learning curve its very fun. I wasted about 3 hours just in Titan mode. Also it seems recently that the EA master server(which you connect to and it gives you server names) will drop you for no reason at all. As in you could be in the middle of playing a game and all of a sudden you get disconnected from the server and the master server. So now your back in the log in screen. I hope EA does something to alleviate the problem. It gets annoying fast.

2. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

I downloaded too, it is pretty good. I thought it was alot better than battlefield 2, but the EA master server thing really gets annoying after you're in the middle of a bunch of action then it says you were disconnected. Overall I think the final version of the game will be a lot better, titan mode is an exciting twist to this genre.

3. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Plus it bundles spyware. It tracks your web browsing habits to put ads in the game.

4. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Every game that Ea makes from BF2142 and after will be like that. Which completely sux as well.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

it records your IP address which anyone anywhere with a website you visit can do.

They stream a little ticker ad to you so far supposedly, I've never seen one and I've played quite awhile now in the retail version.

They do not track your browsing habits.

make sure if you have Bf2 to get your free unlock when you claim your veteren status.

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/landing.aspx?lang=us

I got it for 30$ from Best Buy due to the idiots leaving out the preorder boxes, along with a nice small USB Flash Drive dogtag. it's worth snapping up.

Ah found something to block it for you uber paranoid folks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Middy: It's not paranoia if they really are spying on you through the internets.

7. Midknight

Nah, it's something stupid to be concered with. Anyone bitching about it, should rather take a look at the fact they spent 50$ on a game that's barely different then BF2, heh.

8. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Eh? I was under the impression that EA was gonna have the same program installed on every game that they make from BF2142 and after. Wouldn't that be something to be concerned with?

9. Midknight

I've never seen that anywhere, source?

I've looked, and other then some billboards that look like they might be placeholders for ads (right now they display information relative to the mapo, usually stuff like a pic of a soldier say FIGHT FOR YORU COUNTRY!" I haven't seen an ad

Like I said, some folks just overreact about stupid stuff. Maybe if they do actually do it, and I see NEW AND IMPROVED TIDE! 5$ on a sign I'll give a shit, but I honestly havent seen anything.

10. The_Banisher

The_Banisher First Year

Well, I am at least online now, just got myself lance corpral gold. Msg me under the name Dainyl as the name Kranz was taken. Every1 else should post their names so we can get a good group together.;)

11. Midknight