1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XII

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Oct 31, 2006.

1. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I figured since FFXII came out today and since there is no topic posted about it i'd go ahead and post one to discuss gameplay and whatever else about the game.

I just started playing, got two hours under my belt and so far the graphics are great, the cut-scenes are well done, I personally like the voice acting in this game, music goes good with area's so far. The combat changed, though some poeple might not like it, it is pretty good. Takes a little while to get used to the camera angles and stuff. You are finally able to skip cut-scenes when you want, so thats a plus. So far this game is pretty good.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, this topic seems inevitable, but I'm going to go out and ask people not to post plot spoilers in here. For the benefit of those (read: me) who don't have it yet.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Indeed. Anyone spoils the plot, I'll ban you myself. Got it? Good.

4. Element

Element Seventh Year

Ach. Its times like these I dislike living in Europe, for our release date is like what, February? The only thing I can take pleasure in is knowing that some people out there have to wait even longer. I'm rather sadistic when it comes to game releases ;)

Looking forward to the game release. Its had good reviews all round, so thats enough to put my doubts about the battle system to rest for now.

EDIT: Everyone is saying that the story focuses more on politics and whats happening with the kingdoms rather than character development, and I don't know what to think of that.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That sounds fairly interesting. I hope they dont completely shun the characters, though. That'd be just plain stupid.

I'm actually not sure when it's released here, but I think it was this month. I remember thinking about buying myself a birthday gift and thought of that.

6. DreamWeave

DreamWeave First Year

Excellent game - im about 14-15 hours in so far, and I find it to be a lot of fun. The combat system is a refreshing upgrade from the rest, and the game itself is FAR superior to X-2 :D Im loving the story, and the cutscene's are awsome. Graphics are pretty good for a ps2 game too.

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol, I should hope it's better than X-2. Haha. It'd be a waste of money if it werent.

I might watch that video at 'GooTube' if I have the time. Dial-up ftl.

9. DreamWeave

DreamWeave First Year

lol too true - I don't think i played x2 for more than a couple of hours. The intro movie alone almost killed it for me, then they added dress spheres. Sigh.

10. Element

Element Seventh Year

Agreed. Pity, too - I actually enjoyed the story and world of FFX, what with Spira and Sin. I wasn't too hot on the idea of a sequel, but at least it would've tied up some loose ends, had it been a decent game. I don't think I even got past the halfway mark for X-2.

By the way, Syao, I didn't even realise dial-up still existed ;)

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It does, for poor folks such as myself. Between paying bills for Sat TV, Elec, and then buying food, petrol, ect, I just dont have too much left.

Luckily, no water bill, since its from tank. :)

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

meh it is honestly any good? I gave up on the series after the BS that was ff9, if I wanted super deformed crap I'd of played an anime game.

Well that, and the whole series got to be more about the cutscenes then gameplay, it seemed like they threw in random folks, made a whiny script, and then just slapped great movies onto the last one I looked at

13. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Final Fantasy 10 is pretty damn amazing, still one of my favorite games on any platform ever. the trailer to this seems good, though I have some doubts about the whole Lord of the Rings-style stuff (and is the wife Yuna??). Good to see the chocobos in there, heh.

14. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

The wife? In the opening cut-scene?

15. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Doesn't it seem really Star Wars-ish. THe trailer that is, airfights, lizards that look a little like Jar-Jar, the whole backstory. It seems really Star Wars.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's wrong with Star Wars?

Final Fantasy has always been a bit like Star Wars: mysterious main characters with hidden pasts and questionable parentage, the doom of the whole world/universe resting on a single fight between 2 groups of people, special powers, weird technology, people with tails...the list goes on.

17. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Nothing is wrong with it. I just noticed it and decided to point it out. The other ones had underlying themes that seemed Star Wars-ish, but not terribly noticeable. The trailer for this one at the beginning you could tell there was a little Star Wars going on, though it was Final Fantasy.

18. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Yeah, she looked lik Yuna. but come to think about it, a lot of the leading ladies in FF have had brown hair.

I hope this isn't too much like Star Wars, I really don't. Why? I just don't like Star Wars.

19. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

I have the game, and I really have to say the story is SO confusing! That and I don't like the new combat system...though that may just be me. Aside from that very good game.

20. Aensland

Aensland Third Year

I love the game myself. About 14 hours into it, and I'm having a blast. The new battle system was a big change but it's similar to the Kotor system (but better) so it was easy to get used too. I like all the characters (even the main character which was a shock, I haven't liked an FF main character since Cloud, and even he was touch and go). And I love the voices! The story is holding my interest much better than 9 and 10 did.