PDA

View Full Version : Pottersplace3 about DLP

ip82
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
An interesting convo I picked up from PottersPlace3 Yahoo group (that's a public group, so I suppose no hard feelings, eh?).

-----------

You need to remember that the average H/G shipper NEEDS Hermione to be evil and or dead. That's why all the Azkaban!Harry fics that have him reuiniting with Ginny later have a Hermione who laughs as she murders Hedwig and burns his photo album and all that.

Ginny (the perfect girl, in their eyes) is allowed to be a stalker who has known from the first time she heard the name that she'd marry Harry Potter, and she can be Harry's perfect love interest despite the fact that it took Rowling until Book FIVE to use her as anything more than a McGuffin in the series.

Ginny is an annoying little bitch with a temper that she learned from her mother. Hermione is an annoying little bitch who knows more than everyone else and makes sure that they all know it.

Your mistake with this response is that it uses logic. Hermione is to be hated because she is Hermione and a threat to the possibility of a H/G relationship.

I wonder what would happen if JKR pulled something out of her hat in Book Seven and had Harry and Hermione end up as a couple? Would there be the exact same outcry as with HBP, only with the 'shippers doing the dancing and the 'shippers doing the screaming reversed?

Of course, then you have the Dark Lord Potter group, who detest anything with H/G in it, and who seem to only think a story is good if it has Ginny dying in as painful and messy a way as possible...a chunk of them feel the same way about H/Hr, of course, which is why I tend to get roundly panned over there. (*snort* I even get panned in reviews of my WIFE'S work...)

Keith

(that's Keith McComb AKA Kinsfire)

---------

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling to know your loved Keith.
*Grin*

Some of the best reads I've found was because they added them to their "Trash Bin."

Treck

---------

We're not all bad. I still read H/G and H/Hr, though it's hardly common to see ANY good ships in a Dark/Independant Harry fic. Having "Oh my god, you're my soulmate, I love you!" moments is rather hard when Harry is busy becoming the next Dark Lord (consider the group's name, do you make a habit of writing angry Harry who's just itching to break free?). Most are so stringently anti-Ginny because of the rabid H/G fangirls who can't write for beans, and the disaster that was HBP.

Monster in his chest? That's either indigestion or a love potion folks. You don't go from never noticing the girl to tonsil hockey overnight unless there's funny tasting pumpkin juice involved. That and the completely undeserved temper/bitchy streak (just what is the justification for that? pms and the bat bogey hex aren't permanent) are what makes most of the forum want to kill her in creative new ways.

If you can ignore their irrational hatreds for certain pairings and such, they're actually an alright group. One of the things I love about them is that if the story's stale or the writing crappy, they'll tell you in explicit detail. As an author, having people say "Would you please erase that last chapter and bash your head against the wall untill the urge to write such s**t disappears? This part made no sense... That part was unclear... and I've already guessed your next three plot twists..." can sometimes be alot more helpful than the standard FFnet review of "Lol, update soon plz!"

And yes I've recieved both of those reviews.

(Andrew - not sure what's his nick here)

---------

Sometimes there are interesting observations. You just have to sort through a lot of abusive rants and e-peen-stroking to get there. I'm sorry, but "it's too popular" is not a valid critique. Neither is "sucks because he used canon pairings".

On the other hand, I can appreciate their desire for NFP to up the action ante. I think I've read so many "Harry-Instant-Sooper-Power-up" stories that I'm probably overreacting in the opposite direction in making sure the foundations for change are properly laid.

As a side note: Jbern's story is a strong exception to the 'no ships' principle you quoted. The strain his anger is putting on their relationship, and how Susan reacts to it, is very well done.

-Matthew Schocke

---------

I got a tad bit annoyed with some of the comments the DLP crew made for Fidelius, where they seemed to expect an eleven-year-old Hufflepuff Harry, who had had a basically happy childhood, to skip the pranking phase entirely and head straight on into angsty army-building. At that time in the story, he had no real clue that anything like intensive training would be necessary. They seemed to be ticked off that I wasn't writing the angry!Harry story they
wanted to read - and of course that was my fault. (The Addams Family story I'm working on at the moment will probably be more to their tastes with the dark humour, although it still won't have the body count they want, most likely.) Plus there's the little fact that they're reviewing on their own board, not on the review page for the story itself. If I don't know what they're saying, I can't very well take it into account, now can I? The DLP site itself is
actually painful for me to look at with the light print against a black background, so I just don't go there.

Dorothy

(that's Ishtar)

---------

Of course, then you have the Dark Lord Potter group, who detest
anything with H/G in it, and who seem to only think a story is good if
it has Ginny dying in as painful and messy a way as possible...a chunk
of them feel the same way about H/Hr, of course, which is why I tend
to get roundly panned over there. (*snort* I even get panned in
reviews of my WIFE'S work...)

Inaccurate. We hate Ginny, or at least I hate Ginny, because she is a
representation of every overdone cliche out there. H/Hr is slighly
more acceptable, but still tends to be very cliched. As a result, we
judge those stories with extreme prejudice. And in all truth,
Kinsfire, your work revolves primarily around the sex. I appreciate
the effort you put into them, but the characterization is pretty
inconsistent, and that makes it difficult to emphasize with the
characters.

brokenapparition

(another DLP-er which nick I don't recognize)

---------

I will admit that the ones that stuck with me most were the ones where ... am I wrong, or was there once a thread on that site with inventive ways to get rid of Ginny, or am I thinking of a different site? Wherever it was, it got pretty gore-filled pretty fast.

It's like with any group - the loudest and most extreme tend to get the greatest attention.

I am coming to realise that as far as my writing goes, I am at best a hack. But I can't NOT write. (If you've read Heinlein, you'll understand why - the man was right.)

But I am improving, even with all the sex in the stories. I look at some of my older work and cringe. I have a story in the anthropomorphic fandom that needs to be finished, but when I looked back at the original chapters, I nearly cried for how badly it was written in the beginning. I have to finish that, but I'm damned if I can figure out how without rewriting the thing. I'm GOING to finish it, and will likely need to do a rewrite just to get the drive to do it.

Keith

(Kinsfire)

---------

After this, the discussion degenerated into a Kinsfire ass-licking session, where several posters tactifully tried to explain what's wrong with his stories, without making it sound as 'everything'.

Anyway, pretty amusing discussion I think. Some misguided notions but some good points too. Thought I should share, so here it is.

Dark Syaoran
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Heh. That is an amusing read. Is the font color really that bad? I can handle it much better than black-on-white, especially at night.

Fidelius started well, but as soon as he got to Hogwarts, it just got... boring. Army creation is not something I'd like to see a first-year do, either, because its stupid. In all honesty, first year stories normally suck, since nothing really happens. It's hard to make something happen, as well, that wont be too much for an eleven year old Harry to handle.

Meh.

Kiklo
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I tried reading Fidelius a while back. I don't know what happened, I just got bored and forgot about it within three or four chapters. I don't like childish stories anyway, so I'm glad I didn't finish it.

Kinsfire...Don't know who he is. Was he from DLP?

As for the font color scheme here, I like it. There's nothing wrong with it. Since I go on the computer at night mostly, it's better on the eyes.

LINKed up
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
I believe that Andrew might be MrMucus. And yes, it is an interesting read. Did they ever get back on the Ginny Kill-off thing?

Jeff
12-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Kinsfire is an author who writes alot of fluff and smut about Harry and just about every pairing, and please correct me if I am wrong, Bellatrix, Tonks, Narcissa. I could be wrong.

I find it funny that people dislike DLP that much. I personally don't think people here are negative about everything, I find that people here tell it as it is and needs to be said.

Favorite stories from the Trash Bin? I guess certain people do like badly written stories and stories with bad grammar and the such.

LINKed up
12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Agreed Jeff, that is probably the main reason as to why we put them in there.

Giovanni
12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Well of course Kinsfire is not going to love us, his writing sucks... Well given what I have posted I have no room to talk, but at least :office was funny, and (in my opinion) the smut was more realistic.

Personally I don't care if the OMFG HARRYGINNY4EVER!!!111!!!(EXCLAIMATION MAKR)!!1! Shippers hate us, they have an aggregate IQ of 1 and the writing to back it up.

As for H/Hr; that's my canon pairing because at least Hermione isn't a stalker fan-girl who PMS' about everything and makes out with random guys in attempt to make her chosen guy notice her. They have a word for people like that... They're called whores.

Merrill II
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I wonder why they might not like us! I just can't see how.

Oh, that's right - their stories are the bane of fanfiction. Their stories are absolute shit that are reincarnations of the just-as-shitty story that preceeded it. There's never any improvement other than mechanics and if there's one thing I'll give any author, it's the right to misspell anything they want to so long as the plot is enjoyable.

We reviewed their stories, more than fairly. And when all was said and done, those stories found their scrotum-biting, soul-destroying, mind-raping contents in the Trash Bin.

Why? Why-oh-why would I find them bad?

I mean: I can't imagine why I would. I'm an H/HR shipper, right? Look at my signature and listen to me in chat once and awhile; look at my actions: helping the newbies, PMing slashers and those who are targeted ways to better fit in in to a harsh community that weeds out the idiots and generally being kind to anyone I'm not taking the mickey out on for the hell of it.

And yet... I do find these stories Trash Bin worthy. Hell, I even went to Kinsfire's site once and confronted him about the characters that were less dynamic than Rowling's, which is something even xxxbloodywristsxxx couldn't manage to do in her abortion of epic proportions. I told him his stories were pieces of shit to his face, in much more amicable terms and, as ip82 highlighted, the asslickers came out to defend him. So your point that I lack the tact to come to your site and tell you your story sucks in fair terms is moot.

So why then, does someone who likes crossovers with Star Wars, trashy romance fics and generally anything somewhat readable find these stories bad?!

Oh, that's right. They're pieces of shit. They deserve the Trash Bin and the twinkle-toed cocksucker who said he found good stories in the Trash Bin is welcomed to search in it and recognize he's not welcome at a site where your ability to write is less than sacred and your ability to write something intelligent is.

And it's not like we gave all those grabbastic pieces of shit the trash bin - Jecanois made it in, didn't he? His story won our award of the year. So no, it's not because we hate stories geared towards romance, that's for sure. It's stories geared towards excellency in douchebaggery. And boy Kinsfire, you've cleansweeped your way to every award there.

Clue: Only 13-15 year olds who've never had sex and will never have sex read your stories because they're filled to the brim with plotless fucking. Which is cool when you're randy and you need to get off to an erotic story, which some people do. DLP has smut - DLP has weirdos who probably gank it to smut (Vash). But every, single story is the same. Your characters only emotions and characteristics can best be described with the words sex, fucking, and a-total-disregard-for-anything-plausible. Who the fuck wants fifteen stories of the same, boring amphibian shit? No one except those who'll never get laid and live in an imaginary world where Dan and Emma are Hermione's parents and you're boning the mom and the daughter (and probably the father if you're Kinsfire).

Is that a Kinsfire story? Can we check? Probably is.

Clue #2: Your group isn't like ours. We offer a variety of fics that are humor-based, crossover, romance, dark, independent and anything else under the sun. Hell, we even have a fic with the kind of themes and happenings that you'd fuck your cunt of a wife to (The Office). Your group can best be described as the Trash Bin in Yahoo Group form. The staples of the stories found there are a disregard for characterisation, the storyline and the basics that make any Harry Potter story enjoyable.

You can have your gender-bendering and your stories where allowing your wife to fuck Severus Snape is grounds for anything other than castration through kitchenware.

We'll take DLP.net.

Big P.S. There's a reason that of the Big Three Science Writers, Heinlein isn't remembered as well as Asimov or Clarke. Because he sucked. Not because he was controversial (same goes for you Kuntfire). Because he sucked it big. People love controversy. They don't like shit.

Stalicon
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm rather disapointed in Ishtar and Kingsfire, as well as the rest of them. Is it that hard to understand that a site named Dark Lord Potter normally likes serious storries and are of course dark themed?

Seriously can you honestly see Ginny Crucio'ing neville into insanity, or even on a lighter note, understand what its like to be hated by both sides of your heritage. To have so many expactations mounting on your shoulders by people who don't even like you but still you feel responsible because you're the only one who stands a chance?

Or the ever rule abididing Hermione killing or breaking the law? She may be able to understand the predjudice, mabey even some of the preasure of expectations, but in most all books they've had to drag her tooth and nail to help them because 'its againts the rules' like that should matter over the lives of her friends?

The problem is most people here like somewhat realistic stories, where characters have limitations and problems. And following them through those hard times. Not the super fluffy fairy tale stories where the knight in shinny armour comes to save the day.

From reading this I get the feeling that most of them never bothered to look past, and I don't like H/G because... before going off like rabid hounds at the sight of stake.

Seriously, we can be a little over-bearing in our disregard for some canon characters but we're no where near the trigger happy (In most cases) little kids that like to tear down good work just for over inflated egos and 'because it's H/G'.

These people focus way to much on what we don't like to get a good feel of what we do.

Inquisition
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Kinsfire's work seems to be the same repetitive stuff again and again. Let's take one of his stories, say... Paradigm Shift.

Harry falls in love with Tonks, but Dumbledore doesn't like that idea, so Harry runs off to the States for how-many years and comes back to find that Dumbledore is a Dark Lord wannabe. (Insert evil lemon drop coated laugh here.) In the end, Harry defeats Voldemort, and Snape defeats Dumbledore.

First of all, there's lots of sex. Lots and lots of sex. As if sudden movement over the Atlantic Ocean demands constant orgasm. Then there's wife-swapping. Which, even though is unoffensive to me, kinda gets silly after you overdo it. Because all in all, the final roundup includes Tonks, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius' girlfriend (Sirius has in fact come back to life with the help of a one-word Chinese midget), one of his American friends' daughter, Ron (who's a flaming homo - who knew?)and possibly a few other people who've escaped the top of my head right now.

Not only that, but Sirius, Remus, Ron (flaming homo - but he can have sex with women too), and Snape get to share all these women. Kinda kills the harem philosophy. Oh, and Harry's uber-Minister and all around good guy.

And then you scroll down to Like A Phoenix From The Ashes, or LAPFTA if you can't be bothered. Well, how about that one? Harry finds out that Bill and Charlie, while not 'evil' per-say, but chase Harry away from Ginny by forging a ring. Personally, I don't see the problem. Then something about him losing his vision. Anyway, Harry and his new band of merry harem-ers stand with him againts the forces of stupidity, Snape becomes nice, the gang defeat Voldemort, yadda yadda yadda.

Or the super-fluff story, Masquerade. Costume party, undying love, that sort of thing. A little fluff is nice, but really. The dam does burst.

That's all Kinsifre writes; "I'm a wimpy little Harry, pity me, give me 3+ wives, so I can find the 'Power', and be Minister of Magic and all that rot.

That's my beef with Kinsfire.

That, and this stupid little rant about how we're Ginny Nazis, and kill her off gruesomely, wah wah wah. I don't care if Ginny gets killed off or not, but please. She's not that big a part of the story. Stop trying to make her fit in.

That is all.

Antivash
12-04-2006, 08:55 PM
My post on PP3 regarding it:

Bah... ive not the time or the patients to sort through this trippe to find the post im looking for, so Ill just use a general post regarding DLP.

Hi! Im Vash. I happen to be one of the more active Admins on the forum and until my recent streak of laziness, one of the more active writers umongst the staff. Oh course, my stories arent what you gentle folk would read. I simply want to clear a few misconceptions up and relay a message.

Do we hate Ginny? Aye. Undeniably and not without reason. I, personally, have no problem whatsoever with her character in canon. She has, until JKR went on her drinking binge and started writng, been filler and nothing more. What complete killed any redeemablity in her character was the sudden baseballbat to the balls LURVE harry had for her. My "Irrational" hatred for her comes from FANON.

Bat Boogey hexs, red hair, and an "Irresistable temper" do not an appropriate mate make unless your a maso, and my personal opinion given Harry's canon attitude is that he isnt. He isnt going to fall in lurve with her because he slaps him and threatens him. no less that 60% of H/G fanon is this cocktail of blah.

On the subject of Hermione, I prefer Fanon over canon. In canon she is simply prudish and has few likeable characteristics. She is bossy, a know it all, and a brown noser. Granted, I will accept the know it all attitude is because of insecurity, but a know it all is a know it all, fake or not. And no one likes a know it all. S'why people get bullied in school.

I have read both H/G and H/Hr and found both likeable and intolerable works. Ive even read Harry/Lily (My personal ship of choice) and found both. Kinsfire's was a story that nearly drove me away from the ship. I would, over all terms of quality, lump it with Demon God of Chaos' work.

And dont take that as any sort of personal attack or what not. Bravo to you Kinsfire. Hell of a writer you are. But when it comes to characteristics and plot and what not, from what i have read of it, you seem to fall into the same hole i do alot of the time. Its non-existent.

The last story I read completely from kinsfire was Harry's little clusterfuck story where Remus, Snape, Sirius (who was miraculously pulled from the veil in an utterly idiotic manner THOUSANDS of miles away) an OC, Tonks, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all married one another and fucked their brains out. Their personalities, save for harry who had one though twas utterly pathetic, were interchangeable and no one would know the difference.

THIS is why I dont like Kinsfire's work and simply dont have the urge to dig through tripe links in google to find a method in which to communicate something someone probably has told him before.

Fidelius? Started off great. Then Harry got to hogwarts and it started to slip. I dont want to read army building mass murderers in every story but if I remember correctly, he was raised by Petter Pettigrew, yes? I just find it hard to believe that, after what he did, he would raise harry or that harry wouldnt know about voldemort and why his parents died and what not. Dont get me wrong, its a decent story, but just after hogwarts its pretty much gotten boring to me. All filler no killer, to put it another way.

The Ginny Kill-off was more for amusement than any sort of real dislike of her.

But from what ive seen thus far of the complaining is that, in my opinion, most people dont like DLP because we arent FF.n reviewers. We dont suck ass like most of Kinsfire's fans and we dont tell you your story is gr8!! when its tripe. We will point out ever spelling and grammar mistake and plot wholes though. In essence, the library was meant to be an honest critical review area, and while most of the original members stick to that, alot of the n00bs dont and post extreme left or right reviews with no middle ground in sight.

I mean even I, one of the most extreme of the sight, have a middle ground. Kinsfire is more than talented in terms of grammar spelling and creativity. Plot and Character? None to speak of. Id go a 2.5 to 3 of 5. Ishtar? Can stand Fidelius but I do like the Addams family story because it amuses me to no end. Ive always been an Addams at heart. Hell, I even read Jaconis, though mispell his name horribly more than likely. He has a few stories i enjoy. Hope. And the Pansy one untill Ginny was thrown in the mix. Same reason I dislike canon H/G. came from no where.

As far as no H/Hr shippers on DLP? Bioplague (LordMerrill on FF.n) is the most prominent and loyal H/Hr shipper on the board and even HE doesnt like Kinsfire. Though to be true to Merrill, he doesnt really like ANYONE. A direct quote of his entire post on DLP regarding this discussion:

-----

Bioplague wrote:

I wonder why they might not like us! I just can't see how.

Oh, that's right - their stories are the bane of fanfiction. Their stories are absolute shit that are reincarnations of the just-as-shitty story that preceeded it. There's never any improvement other than mechanics and if there's one thing I'll give any author, it's the right to misspell anything they want to so long as the plot is enjoyable.

We reviewed their stories, more than fairly. And when all was said and done, those stories found their scrotum-biting, soul-destroying, mind-raping contents in the Trash Bin.

Why? Why-oh-why would I find them bad?

I mean: I can't imagine why I would. I'm an H/HR shipper, right? Look at my signature and listen to me in chat once and awhile; look at my actions: helping the newbies, PMing slashers and those who are targeted ways to better fit in in to a harsh community that weeds out the idiots and generally being kind to anyone I'm not taking the mickey out on for the hell of it.

And yet... I do find these stories Trash Bin worthy. Hell, I even went to Kinsfire's site once and confronted him about the characters that were less dynamic than Rowling's, which is something even xxxbloodywristsxxx couldn't manage to do in her abortion of epic proportions. I told him his stories were pieces of shit to his face, in much more amicable terms and, as ip82 highlighted, the asslickers came out to defend him. So your point that I lack the tact to come to your site and tell you your story sucks in fair terms is moot.

So why then, does someone who likes crossovers with Star Wars, trashy romance fics and generally anything somewhat readable find these stories bad?!

Oh, that's right. They're pieces of shit. They deserve the Trash Bin and the twinkle-toed cocksucker who said he found good stories in the Trash Bin is welcomed to search in it and recognize he's not welcome at a site where your ability to write is less than sacred and your ability to write something intelligent is.

And it's not like we gave all those grabbastic pieces of shit the trash bin - Jecanois made it in, didn't he? His story won our award of the year. So no, it's not because we hate stories geared towards romance, that's for sure. It's stories geared towards excellency in douchebaggery. And boy Kinsfire, you've cleansweeped your way to every award there.

Clue: Only 13-15 year olds who've never had sex and will never have sex read your stories because they're filled to the brim with plotless fucking. Which is cool when you're randy and you need to get off to an erotic story, which some people do. DLP has smut - DLP has weirdos who probably gank it to smut (Vash). But every, single story is the same. Your characters only emotions and characteristics can best be described with the words sex, fucking, and a-total-disregard-for-anything-plausible. Who the fuck wants fifteen stories of the same, boring amphibian shit? No one except those who'll never get laid and live in an imaginary world where Dan and Emma are Hermione's parents and you're boning the mom and the daughter (and probably the father if you're Kinsfire).

Is that a Kinsfire story? Can we check? Probably is.

Clue #2: Your group isn't like ours. We offer a variety of fics that are humor-based, crossover, romance, dark, independent and anything else under the sun. Hell, we even have a fic with the kind of themes and happenings that you'd fuck your cunt of a wife to (The Office). Your group can best be described as the Trash Bin in Yahoo Group form. The staples of the stories found there are a disregard for characterisation, the storyline and the basics that make any Harry Potter story enjoyable.

You can have your gender-bendering and your stories where allowing your wife to fuck Severus Snape is grounds for anything other than castration through kitchenware.

We'll take DLP.net.

Big P.S. There's a reason that of the Big Three Science Writers, Heinlein isn't remembered as well as Asimov or Clark. Because he sucked. Not because he was controversial (same goes for you Kuntfire). Because he sucked it big. People love controversy. They don't like shit.

-----

Link to this topic so you dont have to dig for those who cant take the layout:

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=86799#post86799

And just to point out, the references to Kinsfire/Ishtar/Jaconis were only because those are the ones referenced and i dont know the others who fap around uselessly with them.

Good day and happy murders!

Thalarian
12-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I used to be a Kinsfire fan, long before I completely understood HP fanfictions workings.

And like everyone else, when I got to the a third story of his, I began to fail to see a difference in plot, character, landscape and overall quality.

I'll even admit to reading part of his newest story A Time To Reflect, holding out a small flicker of hope that poor dear Kinsfire finally broke free of this rut he seems to have fallen in when concerning his HP writing. But, lo' and behold, Harry hates himself, meets HolyShitLookAtThoseTits!God and gets sent back in time in what could possibly the most head scratching TimeTravel!Harry premise I have ever seen.

Once again, I bit the side of my cheek to distract myself at the feel of my brain painfully trying to dig it's way out of the side of my head. Why was it doing that, you might ask? Because it's seen this shit before, and amazingly, my brain actually felt that there were BETTER ways to fuck around and waste time.

Harry has all knowledge. Hermione is in love with him. Daphne is in love with him. (Always a randomly picked Slytherin girl.) The Weasley's adore him. Ron once again has enough hand-eye coordination that he doesn't piss all over the loo when he goes to the bathroom. He's with Susan however, who obviously must be holding it for him because she makes a comment about knowing his 'size'. Dumbledore is in awe of Harry and begs his forgiveness. Everyone loves Harry. Nobody wants to fuck with him. Harry constantly gives speeches in every chapter that give all HP characters within a 50m radius +3 INT for 7 turns, bar a rolling resistance of 19. Malfoy is a cunt as always, easily disposed when Harry speaks 'coldly'. As he seems to do in every Skinfire fic.

Why Skinfire you ask? Because within 2 chapters of every story, Harry's somehow got his pants around his ankle's, banging either IWannaBeYourPornstar!Hermione, RandomSlythGirl!Daphne/Pansy, DidntYouOnceNameMyBreasts'TinyTeets'!Ginny, or in absolute /me shudder, ImGayButJKRWontAdmitIt!Ron, or MeLoveYouLongHomoTime!Snape.

The slash references don't even bother me, I could care less really. It's the utter abhorrent disbelief in which they are presented. The romance in every story is like watching a 12 year old finding his first porno, and wanting nothing more to pull out his little pecker and start smacking it against the TV screen. It's beyond fast, it's repetitive, and...I can't even begin to give it a description worthy of just how badly it makes one cringe.

I actually held hope out for Ties Of Blood as well. But, same damn thing. The only saving grace was the fact that Hermione was a borderline lesbian. If that wasn't as true a call to canon as possible, then I don't know what is.

It came to a point where I couldn't even respect Kinsfire as an author. Sure, I may not be a great author, hell my story probably pales in comparison to most, but even I know that if you write more then one story they shouldn't almost look like they were Cut, Copied and Pasted in Wordpad.

I won't even go into responding to the jab at DLP'ers being Ginny and Hermione haters, as that's a whole 'nother toilet full of shit that I don't feel like pulling out another Charmin UltraDouble Roll for.

Xiph0
12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
we're no where near the trigger happy (In most cases) little kids that like to tear down good work just for over inflated egos and 'because it's H/G'.

Aye that's true. I have to say that the only people I've really seen go off on shit "just because it's H/G" have been idiots who got a base feel for what the site was about, and never bothered to look into why that was the general stance.

Next time someone does it, ask them why they hate Ginny and see if they can give you a decent answer back.

If they can't, they aren't DLPers, they're sheep.*

The only, and I mean only reason I attack slashers and h/g shippers as often as I do [and as rudely as I do] is because I fear what could happen if they got enough of a presence to actually post as a group within our group.

I've already debated why I hate Ginny on here. I don't even need to spell out why I dislike slash. I like it that way.

That's also the reason why I avoid shit sites like harrypotterfanfiction.com and pottersplace. I know instantly that I'm in the minority and I dislike that. I like being able to post and not have to debate my point fiercely and into the ground.

So, to sum it up - Kinsfire, Ishtar, I'm glad you have your own site, and I'm deeply glad that people waste their time jacking you off. Eat a dick and please post more on this site, I'd love to run your rep into 2 negative bars.

*Not to say all DLPers hate Ginny flat-out - I understand some don't, but those that do usually have a legitimate reason behind their hatred.

nonjon
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Err... I think someone's blown something out of proportion here.

There were a few discussions about fics and then mentions of DLP. Some people like DLP, some don't. But nothing I thought was horribly unfair, unjust, or terribly inaccurate. Why are we picking horribly on the Potters Place 3 group?

Are we swinging the collective might of DLP out to bash Kinsfire for any particular reason? He mentioned a few observations of his experience with DLP. Nothing untrue. A few others express support when Kins self-deprecates himself and says he's a hack. And this offends us to the point we need a new rant thread?

Vash's post (with BP's comments) there feels like flame-baiting. Of course that may be the intention.

Xiph0
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
A few others express support when Kins self-deprecates himself and says he's a hack.

That's the definition of a reach-around.

Thalarian
12-04-2006, 09:34 PM

Really? I guess I've been lied to my entire life then....

ip82
12-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Vash's post was pretty much OK. BP, on the other hand, seemed to me a bit like a teleavengelist calling for death of all the unbelievers daring to oppose the will of God... Not a good image, I'd say.

But yes, I posted this convo because I thought it was interesting; not as a call for arms against Pottersplace or Kinsfire (who had taken all the beating he'd recieved here rather well, I'd say).

nonjon
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
A few others express support when Kins self-deprecates himself and says he's a hack.

I'm not saying whether it's a plea for support/well wishes or not.

But trashing people on our site, and going out of our way to bug them on other forums where you know they have support and will just provoke little flame wars is another. It's like picking on SIYE or GinnyPotter.com and argue what a whore Ginny is. It may be entertaining for individuals but it doesn't reflect well on DLP.

As for the earlier names I know:

(Andrew - not sure what's his nick here) = The Caittiff
-Matthew Schocke = Viridian/S'TarKan

TheIllusiveOne
12-04-2006, 09:40 PM
The only posts that annoyed me, really, were Ishtar's whining about us not liking her stupid fic, and all the assumptions that everyone on DLP only likes DarkLord!Harry and hates Ginny for no reason. Jeconais is pretty well liked here, despite his fics being extremely fluffy and fairy tale like, Jbern has been on here since he first started posting his fics (as far as I know) and he's also on FFA, and of course Nonjon is well liked everywhere and a vintage DLP member. Also, if Ishtar bothered to read the reviews on her newest fic, Family Values, she'd see it's pretty well liked here. Why? Because it hasn't become a boring fluff fest yet, unlike her other fic. If they actually bothered to pay attention to what a lot of people are saying on this site, they wouldn't be whining in a bunch of random yahoo posts.

Thalarian
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I didn't bash Kinsfire nonjon, in fact I don't think many did. What we did was bash his stories. If you moved this thread to the For Review section, it would probably fit right in.

I only stated that I can't respect him as an author, for the reasons stated above. I guess I also cut loose simply because this is the DLP forum, and figured I'd be allowed to vent some in the relative safety of it's walls.

Besides, I know internally you feel the same way non. ^_^ It's just that your little ShoulderAngel is talking louder then the rest of our ShoulderlDevil's.

Xiph0
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
If they actually bothered to pay attention to what a lot of people are saying on this site, they wouldn't be whining in a bunch of random yahoo posts.
Exactly.

They chose to bitch about us in a round-a-bout way and didn't even bring up a real solid gripe.

They tried to bitch about a site they never bothered to understand and failed miserably.

It fucks with our name when they wank off to bashing us - however mild - and that they didn't even really hit any points well pisses me off.

Merrill II
12-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm not calling for anyone to go over there and teabag them to death, which is less than they deserve.

What I am correcting is the idea that Kinsfire wasn't accepted here for our dislike of H/Hr and H/G. That's simply not the case. We don't like Kinsfire or his stories because the first words that come to mind aren't positive - not even remotely, either. They're not copacetic to anyone with a mentality that gets passed the "oh hehe, they're doing it" phase.

And if they can criticise us on their board, I can sure as hell criticise a bunch of lemmings on mine. And that's the greatest difference you'll ever see - you can speak your mind here and you can certainly disagree with the majority without totally getting ass-raped so LONG as you follow some very simple rules, show tact and realize you don't have the ability to be a jackass when you're in the minority, something that is easily overlooked whenever some greenhorn goes to a new site.

And that's what you're doing ip82, at the present. When I went there, I was hassled.

MrMucus
12-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I believe that Andrew might be MrMucus.

That would be a negative

nonjon
12-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm not saying don't bash him here. On this site, everyone's fair game for ripping into as much as you want to, even if it's completely irrational and you just hate someone. (Though doing it to an admin may get you a banstick enema.)

I know I like Kinsfire's stuff more than the average DLPer, but I don't mind the wolves coming out if someone makes the mistake of posting one of his fics here. I just felt a bit silly explaining my POV on DLP as being a good resource for the right people, and then three hours later Vash posted a somewhat more scathing and less friendly definition of DLP. I'm just wondering if we're aiming to make some of our stronger opinions known on OTHER sites than DLP.

Randeemy
12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I feel the ideals of DLP have been misinterpreted here.

H/G doesnt go down well because it is cliched and Ginny's character is so badly underdeveloped in canon that it is hard to support the ship that JKR created. For me personally, my dislike for Ginny comes from the over reliance on the Weasley family to give reason for anything to happen in the HP universe. E.g. Harry not being a slytherin, someone for Harry to rescue in COS, someone to harbour Wormtail, someone for Harry to save in OotP so he believes his visions to be true and then someone for Harry to fall in Love with.

I certainly dont believe we all only like stories where Harry is a Dark Lord in the making. I certainly and not a fan of Maniac!Harry. What we want here is a Harry who has a spine and isnt angsting over anyone, be it Ginny or not.

Xiph0
12-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm just wondering if we're aiming to make some of our stronger opinions known on OTHER sites than DLP.

I, myself, want them to understand atleast an inkling of what they think they know.

If they want to keep running their mouths stupidly, including this gem (to which I'll paste the response), then I'll keep replying accordingly:

I don't hate the DLP site although I do think everyone there must be
the approximate age of my students because of some of the things I have
read there. Some have said nice things about my stories and others
have said not so nice things. I only get mad when I get a review where
the reviewer actually misunderstands my story-- 'cause seriously, don't
review if you aren't going to read the story that closely.

On a more positive note, I really like their HP/Anankin Graphic. that
picture was one of the inspirations for Chessboards of Light and Dark.
I want to write a Harry that when he gets older is a bad ass on that
scale.

Jon

My reply was thus:

> I only get mad when I get a review where
> the reviewer actually misunderstands my story-- 'cause seriously, don't
> review if you aren't going to read the story that closely.

Likewise. Don't review my site if you won't take the time to
understand it.

"I don't hate the DLP site although I do think everyone there must be
the approximate age of my students because of some of the things I have
read there. "

Just so you know - this is what brings out the trolls on our site.

Not only have you just skimmmed over every constructive review our
site's ever produced and demeaned us with your age bias, but you claim
to be a teacher when your sentence reads like something Otis popped out.

Avitus
12-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok, I'm gonna put myself on the chopping block for this one - DLP has gone to the shitter. I almost can't stand it here anymore, all of you (I've noticed that its not so much the older members, but the main posters from the past 6 months or so) are crying like fucking emo kids about people not liking DLP. Why don't they like DLP? because "OMFG HARRYGINNY4EVER!!!111!!!(EXCLAIMATION MAKR)!!1!" (a standard descriptor used by DLP'ers to describe NON-DLP'ers). And their stories are shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Because EVERYTHING in the DLP library is a literary masterpeice...sorry, get your head out of YOUR ass and stop insulting people over the fucking internet. DLP is a minority within the Fandom, get-fucking-over-it. Stop trying to be such badasses, not everyone will like your work, and you dont have to like everyone elses work, theres no need to flame them and start throwing childish insults (You actually called Ishtar a cunt?). If you don't like a story, say so. Review it, tell us whats wrong with it. Don't reply with "this story is shit" "you had the balls to post this on DLP?!" "READ THE STICKIES OR YOU'LL GET BANNED CAUSE THIS FIC IS SHIT". I'm actually amazed at the level of stupidity on this board - this is Dark Lord Potter, NOT Juvenile-Delinquent-Punk-Fucking Emo-"I HATE THE WORLD CAUSE YOU HATE US" Potter. Grow the fuck up.

the-caitiff
12-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I believe that Andrew might be MrMucus. Nope, that'd be me. I'm not MrMucus and I don't think I ever have been.

I'm surprised that IP didn't recognise that right off, considering the "please beat you head into the wall so you won't write stupid shit like this anymore" was taken from his review of chapter five of Next Great Adventure. Ironically it was that review that brought me to this forum.

Dark Syaoran
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Because EVERYTHING in the DLP library is a literary masterpeice.
Lol. Who ever thinks that has problems.

ip82
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm surprised that IP didn't recognise that right off, considering the "please beat you head into the wall so you won't write stupid shit like this anymore" was taken from his review of chapter five of Next Great Adventure. Ironically it was that review that brought me to this forum.

I suspected it was you all along. But I went to Andrew's Yahoo group profile and there it said you were 20; On your FFN profile it said 22; So I figured it must have been a coincidence. I guess not.

Err... I do hope your head isn't hurting too much? :-)

PS And I never said to beat your head on the wall; just to oblivate yourself :-)

Giovanni
12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Never use age as a reason to back up what you're saying. It annoys me. This is my contribution to the discourse on PP3... Well besides reminding K-fire that his legal threats have no ground because anyone he sues can countersue for terroristic threats.

Well personally with all things considered I think that anyone who
uses age as a medium for discrimination needs to take a long hard
look in the mirror. The interesting thing about teachers when they
pull the "Those people are the age of the kids I teach" crap is that
after going to public and private school, I know that whenever a
teacher pulls the age card it means they have no valid argument worth
listening to.

If you need to say "OMFG LOL I R teh TE4ch3r 'n u R teh STUDENT" to
support your arguement it's pretty obvious that you didn't get your
degree in Rhetoric from Oxford. Quite frankly, pulling out the age
card when it comes to taste in Literature is like saying "Women are
naturally less intelligent than men". If the people critiquing you
were under the age of 14 then you might be able to say something, but
for the most part they aren't. In fact, I would stack my Literary
knowledge up against any of the Anti-DLP people on this site and I
know for a fact I would come out on top.

And on another point, I will be graduating from my college 4 years
from now with a double-major for my undergrad degree, a Masters in
Political Science, and a Masters in History. How many of the anti-
DLP crowd here can say that they were able to do the same? That's
what I thought. So please sit down and shut up with the "I'm a
Teacher" talking point.

If you feel the urge to talk about the a writer who has nothing on
Doyle or Asimov as the source of your inspiration then that's good
for you. However, if you choose to use that Author as a
condescending source of elitism towards those who haven't read him
then I have news for you:

Kant
Machiavelli
Kirkegaard
Camus
Sartre
Plato
Aristotle
Socrates
Descartes
St. Augustine
Sigmund Freud
and C.S. Lewis

All had one thing in common, they never read his work and they were
better writers and thinkers than you could ever hope to be. In fact,
I would go so far as to say that the sweaty hair on their 'testes
satchels' amounted to more literary talent in just one centimeter
than you possess in your entire body.

Now onto another subject, this whole "OMFG DLP R TEH GINNEH HATERZ!!!!
111(ONEONEEXCLAIMATIONMARK)!!111!" nonsense is sheer idiocy. I don't
have any issues with Ginny in Books 1-5, she's a filler character.
In book 6 however her characterization is all over the place and the
Harry/Ginny romance seems forced. The DLP Ginny Kill Off is
something we do for fun, mainly because we are all so sick and
fucking tired of this entire fandom haing like 8,0000000000000000
masturbation sessions over the Ginny/Harry pairing. I mean Jesus
Christ in a pink tutu fucking himself up the ass with the cross he
died on, how many fangirl stories can you people stomach?

And Kinsfire, I'm sorry but your stories got Trashed on DLP because
they sucked. The plots were garbage and I wouldn't force that
writing on George Bush's red-headed step-child, much less an entire
fandom. I could talk about how all of your female characters are the
same person with a different name, or how the sex is completely
unrealistic to anyone over the age of 12... But I won't. It's
already been said by more people in ways far more eloquent than any I
could hope to come up with.

You might also want to take note that several decent authors (Jbern
and Jeconais among them) are popular on DLP.

-Giovanni from DLP

the-caitiff
12-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I suspected it was you all along. But I went to Andrew's Yahoo group profile and there it said you were 20; On your FFN profile it said 22; So I figured it must have been a coincidence. I guess not.

Err... I do hope your head isn't hurting too much? :-)

PS And I never said to beat your head on the wall; just to oblivate yourself :-)
Considering I got that account when the 13 on sssilver13 was my age... Yeah I haven't updated the profile in forever. That email address gets so much freaking spam because it's been around too long, but on the upside it is useful for the groups. And yes, I realise that using your real name on the internet is "dangerous" but I honestly don't care. It's there in my sig, on my yahoo profile, and in a hundred other places. It's not like anyone would stalk and rape me.

Considering that I lack magic (damn reality...) the only effective way to erase my memories would be head trauma.

EDIT; As I said it to them, I'll repeat it here; http://www.mega.bz/rotfl/images/argue091204.jpg

Necrule Paen
12-05-2006, 01:57 AM
I have seen the posts that have started this whole thing and it got a chuckle out of me. I did not find anything to be riled up about.

But apparently some of you did, that they horribly maligned DLP and those who frequent it. So you decide to show by example that what they have said may actually be closer to the truth than you'd care to realize?

Now I am not saying that what has been said is accurate or that the attitudes and opinions of DLP in general is wrong. Most of you should know I embrace most if not all of it. But, this shit is stupid and pointless and frankly my opinion of EVERYONE involved has been lowered somewhat because of it.

Not that any of you would or should shed a tear over that fact but I am nothing if not brutally honest.

Note: I know the other thread is active but this belongs here more.

Giovanni
12-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Necrule considering that a man who writes child-sex stories called us all 14 year old 1 handed typers after threatening to kill all who criticised him I think the reaction was justified.

Don't kick a hornets nest if you're not willing to be stung.

Inquisition
12-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Wow. The sentient and semi-intelligent complaints traded between PP3 and DLP have almost completely degenerated into complete idiocy.

Well done.

Just grow up, both sides.

Necrule Paen
12-05-2006, 02:28 AM
And this was how long after people started flamebaiting when according to the OP the yahoo group had already moved on?

I never said that Kinsfire and his people were any more justified in whatever they flung back, but be honest he was not the only one tossing Molotovs.

Anyone with half a brain would know that this would go nowhere, that nothing would be accomplished by it, and that it really does not warrant all of the time and energy both sides have put into it. Why have you?

We all hate rabid fanboys and fangirls. Yes. However, I hope you realize you have all been acting like them.

Giovanni
12-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Meh, I participated because I was bored and putting off writing a paper (5 pages on Ywain single spaced... Not hard, but dull because Augustinian Love sucks).

Plus the "I'm a teacher, you are a student. Therefore I am right" argument is the one thing besides supporting Bush that is guarenteed to get a response from me.

Xiph0
12-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Plus the "I'm a teacher, you are a student. Therefore I am right" argument is the one thing besides supporting Bush that is guarenteed to get a response from me.

Ditto. You'll notice my first post in this whole thing on that group is responding to that.

Jon
12-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Ok, I'm gonna put myself on the chopping block for this one - DLP has gone to the shitter. I almost can't stand it here anymore, all of you (I've noticed that its not so much the older members, but the main posters from the past 6 months or so) are crying like fucking emo kids about people not liking DLP.

Show me proof. I usually stick to interesting topics, thus I am not exactly sure which one's that make it so hard to stand. I've honestly not seen anyone complaining about how we're perceived by the larger community. I know I find some of the attitudes displayed by member's who are acting on behalf of DLP to be less then awe-inspiring, but you're exagerating by quite a bit.

Why don't they like DLP? because "OMFG HARRYGINNY4EVER!!!111!!!(EXCLAIMATION MAKR)!!1!" (a standard descriptor used by DLP'ers to describe NON-DLP'ers).

No, Standard to describe those who like Harry/Ginny whenever it shows up. The people who say;" It is H/G, it MUST be good!"

And their stories are shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Because EVERYTHING in the DLP library is a literary masterpeice...sorry, get your head out of YOUR ass and stop insulting people over the fucking internet.

Now you're being a cock. if someones story sucks we tell them that, we don't just say if it has Ginny as a pairing. Now calm down, take a moment to breathe and read what you posted.

DLP is a minority within the Fandom, get-fucking-over-it. Stop trying to be such badasses, not everyone will like your work, and you dont have to like everyone elses work, theres no need to flame them and start throwing childish insults (You actually called Ishtar a cunt?).

yes, we're the minority, big whoop, we exist and won't just go away, sucks to be everyone else, right? Wrong. Everyone can do their own thing, we don't make comentary on stories outside of those that are brought to the library, if it's brought in there is no reason to hold back pure judgement, even if it is harsh, Why? because that is what DLP is here for, we have no reason to sugar coat anything, unless someone is below the age of Eleven, which i have yet to see been the case.

Someone called Ishtar a cunt? I don't think it really matters. Almost all insults slide of the older member's backs, as it should with most people who have realised that the world doesn't revolve around them and that everyone has an opinion and you can't gain universal well-liked status.

If you don't like a story, say so. Review it, tell us whats wrong with it. Don't reply with "this story is shit" "you had the balls to post this on DLP?!" "READ THE STICKIES OR YOU'LL GET BANNED CAUSE THIS FIC IS SHIT". I'm actually amazed at the level of stupidity on this board - this is Dark Lord Potter, NOT Juvenile-Delinquent-Punk-Fucking Emo-"I HATE THE WORLD CAUSE YOU HATE US" Potter. Grow the fuck up.

I'll assume this is at most of the 'lower' memebrs so to speak. Older member's always explain their reasoning and rating, and if they don't they probably think what they see is obvious, which is most of the time correct.

Element
12-05-2006, 04:27 AM
I do dislike these gross generalisations of both DLP and FFA.

By the way, does it honestly matter what people think of DLP? It's still growing quickly and, to be honest, I don't see why anyone would have any real wish to get into a flame-battle with people that they have nothing in common with. In addition, people are going to end up split, people who like both sites and have a wide taste in fanfiction, like Nonjon and jbern. I think it'd be just as ridiculous to paint DLP as all gore/sex fic lovers as it would be to paint FFA as fluff-central.

Different people, different works.

Edit: By the way, Kinsfire, if you're reading this; I have no idea how many authors I've seen state so very defiantly that they will finish their fics one day, but come on, perhaps its better to just to let the anthro fic die? ;)

Ach, second edit: Happy Birthday Bio, have a good one!

Kung_lou
12-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Someone called Ishtar a cunt? I don't think it really matters. Almost all insults slide of the older member's backs, as it should with most people who have realised that the world doesn't revolve around them and that everyone has an opinion and you can't gain universal well-liked status.

Heh - this is the other side of the coin to the How to gain respect from DLP'ers.

Really - if you die tomorrow whats that internet respect or hatred going to do. NOTHING.

If you have all this time to engage in flame wars well....

Lutris
12-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm a fond member of DLP. I've written about 40000 words of unfinished fic that some people are saying, "Why the hell's he not updating? Why is he stopping at one chapter?". I'm 15 years old.

Yeah, I'm underage. Ban me if you want. I don't care.

But never have I been so ashamed at people quite a bit older than me who've been participating in a bitch-fest that's all really an insignificant argument never seems to end. Yes, I know that I'm potentially and probably contributing to the whole mess.

Kinsfire (as you are primarily the only prominent member I see that's been doing the arguing), threating for rape is never funny. If it were not posted on a forum online where people are used to hurling demeaning and insulting, well, insults to each other helter skelter, then yes, I would probably side with you. But, as it were, it was on a board where people are used to hurling demeaning insults left and right. People act as they're used to or want to, and many new posters on the boards ignore any actual thought and tend to jump on what they conceive as the popular bandwagon. Boo-fucking hoo. Your wife was raped once? Yes it's a serious matter that has a high amount of mental and psychological impact. Does it have any relevance to the DLP forums as we comprehend it? Not much.

Fellow DLP members, just drop this. I haven't posted much recently, and Immortal is off to a bad start, so I know I'm relatively unknown on the boards. Just listen. Most of us are people who would much rather have a good argument and bite each other's asses off than even go do the nasty with a girl (well, as a description, I think it fits. Is it true? Probably not.), but please. This is ridiculous. Every single person contributing to this mess (me too) is only fanning the fire to higher heights. I'm going to completely back off of this argument, and I suggest you do the same. I don't have any authority saying this, but seeing as I AM somewhat of a senior member (October 27th 2005, if you must know), grow up.

That goes for you pottersplace members as well. I only joined to make this half rant and maybe read some fics that I've yet to see, but seriously. Okay, so one of us called Ishtar a cunt. Okay, so yeah, it's insulting. So? Move on. Grow up. You're supposed to be 'more mature' than us children. Why aren't you seeing both sides? You might think you are, but are you really seeing most aspects of the argument and points of view?

In many of your stories you preach social equality, racial equality, and tolerance. I don't see that anywhere these days, bar some members of both parties. My respect for all authors and posters in this little scuffle has been lowered down a few notches. Quite a few notches, in fact, for some.

Live and learn. You've lived far longer than I have, and probably have realized and thought of the points I've said in the past. We're human. We make mistakes. But not learning from those and continuing to participate in a childish argument with clashing points of view on both sides is just plain stupid. That people also don't realize that people's comments may or may not reflect their points or view, or unintentionally to the original poster, can perceived in a negative way by someone is also shocking. I'm 15. You're 30-something. Gods.

DLP, pottersplace3, just get along, stop flaming and insulting, stop pointing out each others' errors, stop making comments that are insincere, or COULD BE PERCEIVED AS INSINCERE.

That's as neutral as I can make it sound.

~Lutris

...and don't even start on picking this comment apart looking for any discrepancy. Does it fucking matter? I'm sick of all this arguing and pointless shit on DLP. It's in the minority, but this used to be a place I could find people of a like mind who were open-minded, tolerant, and were for the most part honest, discounting the anti-cliche and anti-Ginny atmosphere.

But, looking over the boards from the time of my joining, and from my memory, I can see how things were affected and the admin and mods (who do a very good job btw), had to force new policies and rules through. It's all about power and abuse of power. Rights are power. Abuse'em, you lose'em.

TheIllusiveOne
12-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Blah blah blah. Meaningless soul searching, worthless moral messages, crap crap crap./
Stop crying, honestly, it's not that serious, and people posting long heart to heart rants talking about how ashamed they are of some guys on the net is just a waste of time.

Not to mention the fact that most of us probably wont even bother to read 'em. Myself included.

DemonDream
12-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Inaccurate. We hate Ginny, or at least I hate Ginny, because she is a
representation of every overdone cliche out there. H/Hr is slighly
more acceptable, but still tends to be very cliched. As a result, we
judge those stories with extreme prejudice. And in all truth,
Kinsfire, your work revolves primarily around the sex. I appreciate
the effort you put into them, but the characterization is pretty
inconsistent, and that makes it difficult to emphasize with the
characters.

brokenapparition

(another DLP-er which nick I don't recognize)

Thats me. I just wanted to clear up some inaccuracies when I said that. I was quite shocked to see it blown up like this.

Giovanni
12-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Element:

I made no generalizations about FFA, I kept my words confined to Kinsfire. He and his wife were the people who made generalizations as did Jon (phoenixgod).

Lutris:

Insulting DLP and then wondering why you get bitched out after calling the entire forum a group of 14 year old 1 handed typists (when all your storys are poorly written pedo porn) is completely fucking retarded.

ChuckDaTruck
12-05-2006, 12:13 PM
I find this very amusing. Feel bad that Kinsfire's wife was raped, but I'm generally not that bothered.

Merrill II
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it's true grit that a person who was raped can make the wonderful decision to marry someone who praises not only fiction that portrays a middle-aged man fucking a teenager under the age of 16 but actually writes it. Heh, to top it all off he doesn't even mind hosting lavish drawings of it, either.

Kudos to you, Ishtar. You've got mas juevos.

Mrriddler
12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Ouch Lord Merill, ouch...

Damn, guys you must be really bored if you took the battle straight to pp3. My ribs hurt, well, it would hurt more if I didn't become a dat sober over the rape thing but still you guys are still a hoot. Glad, I took the time to drop by.

Seriously, unless I'm reading this wrong, I didn't take most of the exchange that seriously (particularly when they came from the DLP side - oh come on guys, I have seen you on IRC :)), though I fully stand by Vash's assessment that cmistuda's original post was out of line.

Still a good laugh. Tough luck Gio that you didn't get the roast/debate you are looking for. Hahaha... :)

Mrriddler

Taure
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
LOL, can't believe I missed this...oh well.

Just one thing I'd like to add:

The whole thing about DLP being a minority...DLP may have been a minority when it was formed, but have you seen the amount of indy!Harry stories flying around now? There's almost as many of them as H/D slash...and most of them are as bad.

Giovanni
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I would gladly debate Kinsfire on any one of the abortions of the English language that he calls 'stories'.

But insulting a board based on the age of it's members comes off as intellectual dishonesty at best, and malicious lying at worst. Compounding that by taking a "I've read this and you haven't" elitist attitude and a "I'm an innocent victim here" mentality means I won't have kind words for you.

Add in a few comments along the lines of "Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest" and "I'm going to sue you all" and can you really expect not to be flamed?

The fact remains that if any other person had posted an Intro thread the way Kinsfire did they would be banned immediately, as it is now he's a DLPism for a perverted old literary pedophile who when confronted with the facts about his "work" instead of gushing praise (from people who will praise any high profile) immediately goes into death threat victim tragic hero mode.

Inquisition
12-05-2006, 02:36 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/602/602__image_09.jpg

Catch my drift?

Merrill II
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Mm. Bats and horses. Sounds like a new Kinsfire plotbunny.

Warlocke
12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Heh. That is an amusing read. Is the font color really that bad? I can handle it much better than black-on-white, especially at night.

Actually, I find DLP much easier on the eyes than black-on-white. I do all of my fic reading with the lights off anyway, a few hours of that in black-on-white makes my eyes bleed.

I like the DLP color scheme so much, for reading, that I made a De-FFNet-izer template that uses the same colors. Although, if I have three or four threads here open at the same time I'm reading a fic I DLed from FFN, I sometimes lose track of what I'm reading. :p

Antivash
12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Killed. War is canceled.