PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Democratic Debate

Spanks
07-24-2007, 01:58 AM
So, anyone watching this? I think it's great that average people like us could speak out and ask questions. I hope that the Presidential debate has something similar, it brings a...reality to the debates. The questions are up front and blunt. I thought the health care part was pretty deep with the people who are sick gathering up the spirit to ask the candidates what they plan on doing with health care so they can try to get healthy.

I am not in too deep with politics, but I thought Obama and Edwards were pretty good. Clinton was good too, I think she is a strong speaker.

Giovanni
07-24-2007, 02:54 AM
I thought that Kucinich played the audience the best, Biden did the best on policy issues, and Edwards gave the most compelling performance.

Obama looked lost a lot of the time. Gravel had the best off the cuff stuff, but showed his age (and senility). Senator Clinton outright lied about her positions a lot of the time.

I found Bill Richardsons performance to be the most impressive in terms of how he stacked up against my expectations. I wasn't expecting much from him -- he hasn't done too well with the debates so far. . . But on the NCLB answer he did very well.

Dodd gave his usual solid performance but not much more. I wasn't impressed.

Spanks
07-24-2007, 03:00 AM
What bugs me the most with Hillary, actual this can apply to any politician but CNN said Hillary did it the most, is how much they refer to their past in politics. I don't want to hear about what they voted for 10 years ago, I want to hear what they are going to do to improve the country in the future. Problem is some people are influenced by what they did in the past so they feel the need to say what they voted for or supported.

I though Richardson was a little shaky at first, but he smoothed out as it went on. His response to No Child Left Behind was one of the better responses of the night to the questions, plus it got a big applause ;)

Dark Syaoran
07-24-2007, 05:21 AM
...It felt more like basic entertainment than a debate. I believe the news also said something similar.

And all the questions I saw asked were never answered. Typical. :)

Merrill II
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Gravel 08 or suffer more injustice.

Giovanni
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I loved Bidens response to Xiph0s best friend.

Iztiak
08-15-2007, 02:06 AM
In my opinion, the youtube debate was a farce. Many of the questions asked were ridiculous, and the good questions were not answered sufficently.

Giovanni
08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Uh-huh. Cite examples please.

Some questions weren't answered sufficiently, but the questions themselves were fairly serious.

Anlun
08-15-2007, 09:12 PM
The questions themselves weren't a farce for they did ask the usual "What do you think of same sex marriage?" and "How do you feel about the war in Iraq?". What bothered me is that CNN screened the questions, and put only the ones they wanted. It seemed pointless to have citizens post questions and have only the ones CNN wants to be aired. Why not cut out the middle man and just have a CNN corespondent ask the questions?
I understand they have to screen questions that are irrelevant because I'm sure a lot of people just asked crappy questions that were probably a joke, but I had originally though they'd leave a large pool of questions, and then pick them randomly.