1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Halo 3 out now

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by SomeDude, Sep 26, 2007.

1. SomeDude

SomeDude Squib

How many of you have gotten around to playing the newly released halo 3? I've played it for 3 hours today, and let me tell you that it's amazing. Pretty much, everything you wanted improved in Halo 1 and 2 has been improved. My only complaint so far is that the beat has become so much more powerful. Any other thoughts?

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Best game I have ever played. I've done co-op campaign, single player campaign, and local multiplayer matches. Haven't tried live yet. Complaints: none so far.

3. Gasperk

Gasperk First Year

Did Live Co-OP 2 Player through the entire campaign last night. Sadly, my Brother-in-Law set the game to Easy, so it was painfully simple. I can't wait to try a more difficult setting. Not difficulties over the Live Network with it.

But the look, gameplay, control scheme and music were a beautiful thing. What more can one say.

4. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, and the forage game play is an awesome idea too. Did you guys know you can make movies of yourself playing?

5. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I loved it though I haven't gotten too deep into the campaign yet. Been mostly playing around in multi-live. Couple of things I didn't like was the interface for multi player live. It seemed more complex than necessary, I actually preferred Halo2's interface.
    Also maybe it was just me but I got a lot of Shotty Sniper Slayers and that was annoying. Overall though the game is simple amazing.

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Blew my paycheck on the Halo 3 limited edition X-Box 360, and the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

Called some friends over and played through legendary difficulty for the true ending.

Totally worth it.

Been waiting of this for a very long time, I put off buying my 360 until Halo 3 came out just so I could get the special edition one.

Game is epic beyond belief, I'm once again being sucked into the world of Multiplayer Halo... and I'm loving it.

Enjoying the game
    Enjoying my new 360
    Loving my new Master Chief Helm chilling on my coffee table.

Go Buy.

7. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Gamertag?

/chars

8. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

I played it at a friend's house. Forge mode is fun. 2v2, Forgers (Dunno what they're called. Little things that edit the map) VS players. It's a pretty even matchup. Those little bastards are impossible to shoot, and their only way of killing people is swinging a vehicle around, which is very ungainly with the control system. It's pretty funny watching somebody get splattered by a flying tank.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Fuckin retard. H3 360 = fail. Buy the case for $30 on the internet.

10. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Bleh, I just can't get myself excited about Halo 3. When I played the multiplayer beta I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed and there is nothing really attracting me to buy the full thing.

Problem is that its just a standard shooter. Nothing really original there, and I play games for the originality. RPGs, classic Adventure games, games with innovation. Halo 3 just doesn't provide that as far as I can tell, so I'm really not that interested in it.

11. SomeDude

SomeDude Squib

Is a console map editor and a seamless online multi-player interface not original enough for you? Matchmaking has improved at least ten fold from H2.

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

What I think is absolutely hilarious is how people, when they deploy the bubble-shield, throw grenades while inside it.

13. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Its a decent game, definitely an improvement from Halo 2.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The CE of the 360 for Halo 3 sucks, you'd off been better off buying the Elite.

I don't udnerstand why folks get so up in arms about Halo either, the game looks good, but we've had better looking stuff on PC for years and years now =P

15. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Dr Strange Lulz

Just tried ebay and google and didn't find the Halo 3 special edition 360 case at all.

Besides, I really don't care.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Quote for truth.

I have all three Halo games and to this very day, I have never ever played Halo 1. Halo 2 sucked, story wise and was only good for Multiplayer, which I like way more than I do Gears Multiplayer.

Kane and Lynch will be better, Bioshock is better. STALKER is infinitely better.

17. Midknight

I just reinstalled Stalker for a bit actually, those invisible vampire fucking things overran a ton of stuff fairly early on this time, was fighting for my dudes life from about 2 hours in, rofl. They always scare the shit out of me.

As for Halo, kid at work said he beat it in a single 5 hour sitting, and was left feeling raped of the cash it took him to beat it. Did they just rush out the game to choke cash out of kids wanting to frag each other online again?

Bioshock I've got, will install later

But Mass Effect, and Hellgate:London will be better then anything out on consoles to date period. vash check those two out if you havent already, both come out soon.

18. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

My roommate had bought the legendary edition. I hadn't ever played the first two, but he caught me up to speed and we played co-op campaign. Bad ass fucking game. Gonna have to go play the first two now.

19. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can't forget Call of Duty 4, Midknight. The graphics are killer, the weapons much more Battlefield 1942 or Wolfenstein, which I will enjoy on HD PS3. :D You can't go wrong with the CoD series.

I've got to say, though, Hellgate:London looks bloody godlike. I haven't checked on any updates since the beginning of summer. I'll have to go do that. I just wish they were still with Blizzard making another Diablo, but I'll have to suffer (/sarcasm) through Hellgate, instead.

On the topic of Halo 3, I heard from my friends that they were let down by not only singleplayer gaming(due to how short of a time it took to beat the game and the fact that the story line was ruined for any replaying), but multiplayer as well(Bad interface and not enough changes to the game to call Multi Halo 3 any different from Multi Halo 2 besides annoyingly complex to access). I never would have thought it possible for the third Halo to be a let down across the board, but I'll have to go see for myself before I truly pass judgment.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  20. Midknight

They could've degraded the graphics on Halo 3 to worse then Halo 1, and it still would sell millions, the Lemmings, lol

Hellgate I've been following for years, if they fuck it up, it'd have to be because they went out of their way to do so. I'm most annoyed about having part of the multiplayer be pay to play, but supposedly it'll be like a MMORPG world, with instanced stuff, rather then simple matchmaking like Diablo.

I never did get into CoD at all, I loathe ww2 games, but I will check out the modern combat version. I loved Battlefield 2 and BF 2142, but just didnt have the time to get involved in it past the winters, job has some screwed hours that aren't conductive to gaming.