PDA

View Full Version : Fate's Debt - What is wrong with it?

assosson
10-19-2007, 04:46 AM
Umm guys, I searched up "fate's debt" on this site and saw some quite negative responses to it. Being one of my favourite fanfics, i would just like to ask - what exactly is wrong with it?

Story can be found here

Old V - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2479927/1/Harry_Potter_and_Fates_Debt

New V - http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=11253

Other than it being H/G and people having prejudices against this ship, i find the story extremely cute and hell better done than nearly every other bonding fic.

Discuss

Taure
10-19-2007, 04:54 AM
It's unrealistic, unbelievable, sap involving a deep romance between a 11 year old and a 10 year which is not only disgusting to imagine but very boring?

The story has nothing original about it?

Harry is a pussy and has no independence?

Harry decides to persue correspondence with Ginny for no reason?

Harry and Ginny's "sweet kiddie romance" is actually freaky and weird?

It's a bonding fic?

It's just dull?

The initial premise of the story sucks?

Are those reasons enough?

the-caitiff
10-19-2007, 04:54 AM
Odds are we said what was wrong with it in the threads where you found such negative reviews in the first place.... That's sort of what we do here. We link and then review stories. Sometimes those reviews are not nice, even when the rest of the world might think the story is better than sex with twins. Asking "what's wrong" is stupid and redundant. We just told you what was wrong when we flamed it!

If we said "this story is utter shit, pure garbage" then we probably think it is utter shit and pure garbage. Sometimes we say it just to piss people off though, even if we do think it's better than sex with twins. You never can tell with some folks. I like to be a bastard on occasion.

Taure
10-19-2007, 04:57 AM
You don't happen to be the author do you?

It's just you seem to have a greater than normal attatchment to it...

assosson
10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Lawl, i wish i was the author... Oh well, atleast i see your views, all of which i disagree on. ( and really cbf refuting as it is purely based on self discernment)

And the posts i found were very vague on why fate's debt was not considered good, so thx for clarifying your view

Edit: since im bored, might as well

The story has nothing original about it?

-uhhh... so far, its the only *good* story which ive seen using the concept of bonding

-No independence? Care to clarify?

Harry decides to persue correspondence with Ginny for no reason?

-They got a bond ffs, and they come into contact gradually, unlike some fics where it is blatantly rushed. Like seriously, if you could somehow mindspeak wouldnt you find out WTF is going on?

-Aww, i find it extremely cute >.< But thats my opnion, so yea.

It's a bonding fic?

-The best ive seen so far... (i went on a search for bonding fics after reading fate's debt, and the results were too sorely lacking)

It's just dull?

-No

-Care to clarify? Like, the note being sent back in time thing? Bit confused by what you mean

Are those reasons enough?

-Nup! :)

So yea, all personal opnion here, and if you can point me to a better done bonding fic, please do so

assosson
10-19-2007, 05:41 AM
You don't happen to be the author do you?

It's just you seem to have a greater than normal attatchment to it...

Hmm, the first fanfic ive ever read was Melidaneo's Seventh Horcrux . It was the weekend before DH was coming out. Then i read the rest of her fics. I went into SIYE (where her fics were hosted top 25 favs) and found fate's debt, which was ranked first. So basically yea, this was practically the first fic that i really really liked. Ive been reading fanfiction for nearly two months now and i have found most others lacking in quality. Other than "Nightmares of the Future past", only Fate's Debt tops it. So you can say that i do have a greater than normal attatchment to it.

Tehan
10-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Ye freakin' gods, kid, you're gonna get raped.

This forum is extremely anti-Ginny. You know this. What did you think you were going to achieve? We look at the link and your points and say, "gee, the newb has a point, all of a sudden this is a great story! Now we all LOVE H/G!"

Someone smack this bitch off the forum before he starts badmouthing Harry/Lily or something else equally anti-DLPish.

As for my opinion on the matter? Fate's Debt is a crappy rip-off of Meaning of One.

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Yawn, i aint trying to convince you, just stating my point. And basically, being a newbie here, you have to test the waters. What you want me to do? apologise for tolerating H/G? Hell no. Im here to find good fanfics and couldnt care a rats arse less on what the prejudiced are here. Im asking a legit question and flaming the thread aint gonna help. You can help by pointing me to some good fics which you like - i'm an open guy, just takes some convincing to see things from your shoes.

Harry/Lily? Care to give me a link? Else i remain faithfully stating that incest is wrong.

Ignorance can be tolerated - Stupidity and flamers cannot

Taure
10-19-2007, 06:11 AM
-uhhh... so far, its the only *good* story which ive seen using the concept of bonding

Bond fics are by definition bad. Not only is it freaky, it is a cop-out by the author who couldn't be bothered to write a realistic and believable romance. As well as this, they are incompatable with the independent!Harry genre, as if Harry has a bond with someone then he is no longer on his own, but dependent/reliant/closely linked with another person.

-No independence? Care to clarify?

See above.

Harry decides to persue correspondence with Ginny for no reason

-They got a bond ffs, and they come into contact gradually, unlike some fics where it is blatantly rushed. Like seriously, if you could somehow mindspeak wouldnt you find out WTF is going on??

A bond is not a good reason, because if it were a good fic the bond would not have been there at all. Bond = ultimate romance cop-out. And the reason for the bond is shaky too. As is the note being sent back in time.

-Aww, i find it extremely cute >.< But thats my opnion, so yea.

Then you, my friend, are a pedo. I suppose you like Nightmares of Future Past too?

It's a bonding fic?

-The best ive seen so far... (i went on a search for bonding fics after reading fate's debt, and the results were too sorely lacking)

See above.

It's just dull?

-No

Opinion, no comment.

-Care to clarify? Like, the note being sent back in time thing? Bit confused by what you mean

Yes, the note being sent back in time. As plot bunnies go, this is one of the least exciting ones I've seen. There are so many problems with it too. Would you obey the instructions of a random note you just found as you enter a magical world? If I were to find one like that, I'd be more likley to assume it to be a prank and avoid Ginny. Or, a ploy by stalker!Ginny to get Harry to love her. And why is it that only Harry can send notes back in time? Voldemort is a much more skilled wizard than Harry, he surely would have been able to as well?

So yea, all personal opnion here, and if you can point me to a better done bonding fic, please do so

You're speaking nonsense man! There was a contradiction in your sentence! The phrases "better done" and "bonding fic" do not belong in the same sentence.

Ignorance can be tolerated - Stupidity and trolls cannot

I contest that statement!

If you're stupid, then to a certain extent you have no responsibility for that. It's either down to your upbringing, which you have no conrol over, or your genes, which you also have no control over. Ignorance on the other hand, is down to the individual to remedy and so is their fault if they are found lacking.

As for trolling, it's more likely that you would be deemed the troll than Tehan.

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:16 AM
ok, guess it is all personal tastes. Pedo huh... I may not find a 10 yr old attractive, but young love is just cute >.< Its not like they shagging, hell quite a lot of people love their virginity at the onset of puberty which is 11/12ish for some people! And no, not to dirty old men but to peers of their own age group

How exactly am i trolling? Ah, just looked it up, i guess it can be seen, but i am not "flame baiting". Just want a point clarified. If i was "trolling' i think id be doing a lot worse stuff >.>

Taure
10-19-2007, 06:21 AM
By making threads like this that you should know will cause people to get angry/flame/argue. Oh, and by using spelling and grammar that is looked down upon at this site.

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:22 AM
1. I do not know
2. This is how i usually type - its legible, isn't it?
And the discussion was going fine until that guy flamed. You stated your reasons and i accepted em. Fine.

Tehan
10-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Whoops, my pedo alarm just went off! Better check it out.

quite a lot of people love their virginity at the onset of puberty which is 11/12ish for some people

Y'know, you could have said that they don't have sex and left it at that. But no, you had to try and explain how preteen sex is awwright.

How are you trolling? You're pimping a H/G fic on an anti-H/G forum and arguing with people that say it's crap. Also:

Ignorance can be tolerated - Stupidity and trolls cannot

Did he just try to subtly imply that the ones disagreeing with him were stupid trolls? I believe he did!

Fate's Debt IS just a faster-moving version of Meaning of One with a lesser bond. Saying so ain't trolling. Get over it.

Edit: the only reason I'm the only one to flame you so far is the thread's only a couple hours old and most of DLP are elsewhere. Give it a day and this thread will be a smoking crater.

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Fate's Debt IS just a faster-moving version of Meaning of One with a lesser bond. Saying so ain't trolling. Get over it.

i meant flame! FLAME! and yea, ur posts are quite flammatory

EDIT: lol, okok, ima sleep now and come back tomorrow to view this "crater"

and you still havent linked me to that harry/lily fic...

Taure
10-19-2007, 06:27 AM
1. I do not know

You do not know what?

2. This is how i usually type - its legible, isn't it?

Being legible isn't enough. Unless you're a non-native speaker or have learning difficulties, a decent standard of written English is expected. You're not sending a text message on your phone, you're contributing to (hopefully) intelligent discussion. A spell checker is also provided.

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:33 AM
You do not know what?

Being legible isn't enough. Unless you're a non-native speaker or have learning difficulties, a decent standard of written English is expected. You're not sending a text message on your phone, you're contributing to (hopefully) intelligent discussion. A spell checker is also provided.

This is like a bloody English lesson. "Be concise". OK
I did know know that H/G was looked down upon in this forum. How was i supposed to? Was there a sign saying "No H/G! Incest is OK!"

I am bloody confused, why is harry/lily accepted anyways?

(Are my grammatical level to your standards yet?)

Taure
10-19-2007, 06:36 AM
(Are my grammatical level to your standards yet?)

No, you still haven't capitalised your proper nouns. "Harry", not "harry". "Lily", not "lily". "I", not "i".

I did know know that H/G was looked down upon in this forum. How was i supposed to? Was there a sign saying "No H/G! Incest is OK!"

Had you read then forum before posting you would have realised this.

Ask Tinn. She's very eloquent on the topic.

Jon
10-19-2007, 06:39 AM
-glances above and ignores content.-

Dude, double posting ftl. -negrep.-

assosson
10-19-2007, 06:47 AM
-glances above and ignores content.-

Dude, double posting ftl. -negrep.-

Dude, totally off topic and unnecessary. And uhh, care to link me to that socalled anti H/G intro thread? Still cant find it.

Taure
10-19-2007, 06:47 AM
and you still havent linked me to that harry/lily fic...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2963321/1/Oedipus_Flower

The Fine Balance
10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Because there is something fascinating about rebelling (in however small and petty and anonymous a way) against a Taboo.

quite a lot of people love their virginity at the onset of puberty which is 11/12ish for some peopleDo you mean 'love' or 'lose'? Because 'Love' their virginity doesn't really make sense you know. It's not a bloody virtue. :| And 'lose' their virginity is pretty strange too.

Ps. Peter loves Hermione's viginity too. ;)

Hermione watched in revulsion as a brown rat with a silver paw skittered out of her and off into a crack in the wall, dragging the last vestige of her hymen still caught on its back foot.

Tehan
10-19-2007, 06:52 AM
...if you can't find a Harry/Lily fic on the DLP forums, you really, really fail. Seriously.

Still.

Sighs of the Neglected Flower (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3703435/1/Sighs_of_the_Neglected_Flower).
Oedipus Flower (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2963321/1/Oedipus_Flower).
The Return (http://www.ficwad.com/story/23506).

Just because I'm such a nice guy.

Inquisition
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello, Moron #46581.

You have expressed dissatisfaction with a collective review of Harry/Ginny fanfic #2479927, entitled Harry Potter and Fate's Debt. Unfortunately for you, your opinion does not count for one or more of the following reasons:

1. This fiction contains the relationship Harry/Ginny. You have posted on a forum which is unashamedly and very expressively anti-Ginny in a poorly disguised attempt to change our opinions.

2. This story includes unlikely romantic moments between preteens.

3. Your grammatical errors merely highlight your intellectual inferiority.

4. You have linked us to a story, not a review thread. Please link a review thread, or you will have introduced this topic under false pretenses.

5. It is overall an unrealistic fic, including moments of uncreative thinking, and overuse of clichés, including but not limited to correspondence with mere acquaintances, soul bonding or other types of marriage plot devices, and poorly evolved romance.

Thank you for your complaint; it has been noted in the DLP record that you fail at life.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Yay great to know im welcomed here! neways, i meant lose, not loved >.> stupid me. thx for the recs and inquisition, ur sarcasm is quite funny. losed it. u into vamps? or you just usually angsty and emoish? wat, dun answer dat. pointless realli. waste of space.

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Yay great to know im welcomed here! neways, i meant lose, not loved >.> stupid me. thx for the recs and inquisition, ur sarcasm is quite funny. losed it. u into vamps? or you just usually angsty and emoish? wat, dun answer dat. pointless realli. waste of space.

Warning: Quality of thread deteriorating.

Red Alert!

Abandon Ship!

*Plop*

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
What's this? So soon after my pedo detector goes off, my troll alarm is tripped?

Hmm...

Yes, his spelling has significantly deteriorated since it was pointed out that it irritates us. However, it could be that he really is that fucking retarded. Or that he's wildly masturbating to Oedipus Flower and has no blood left to fuel his brain.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:16 AM
O.o I haven't started yet.. is it fem slash or is it het? And is the smut HC or SC? Damn, I'm starting now! Pocky FTW!

It's rated M ffs... damn you, getting my hopes up for no reason

Inquisition
10-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Thank you for your input.

Why yes, oftentimes I do cry myself to sleep because my uncle has performed greivous acts of harm upon my fragile buttocks, or because I feel unloved by the one woman on this earth that could possibly love me for who I am. I frequently wish for death, and cut myself across my arms in order to bleed - or rather, I would, but my anal sphincter is so thoroughly maligned that I cannot move for days.

I am in fact a vampire, frequently feasting on the arteries of human beings to satiate my constant desire for nourishment and sustenance. I also dress in tight black leather, which constantly stretches against my heavyset build. My favourite colour of lipstick is also, of course, black.

In reality however, it pleases me that you felt injured enough by my previous posting to personally refer to me in reply.

Once again, you fail at life.

Have a nice day.

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:17 AM
is it fem slash or is it het?

It's Harry/Lily. What part of that didn't you understand?

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:20 AM
And there goes my weeaboo alarm! Why, it's a veritable barrage down here tonight.

After I give you a few links to Harry/Lily fics, you feel the need to ask whether it's femslash or not? What the fuck is wrong with your mind, boy?

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Hmm....

Fem!Harry/Lily...

Interesting...

Amerision!

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Thank you for your input.

Why yes, oftentimes I do cry myself to sleep because my uncle has performed greivous acts of harm upon my fragile buttocks, or because I feel unloved by the one woman on this earth that could possibly love me for who I am. I frequently wish for death, and cut myself across my arms in order to bleed - or rather, I would, but my anal sphincter is so thoroughly maligned that I cannot move for days.

I am in fact a vampire, frequently feasting on the arteries of human beings to satiate my constant desire for nourishment and sustenance. I also dress in tight black leather, which constantly stretches against my heavyset build. My favourite colour of lipstick is also, of course, black.

In reality however, it pleases me that you felt injured enough by my previous posting to personally refer to me in reply.

Once again, you fail at life.

Have a nice day.

And that is just.. sick... yesh...

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:24 AM

"Don't worry Harry, it's the duty of a mother to help her child understand every part of their body..."

No shit there's been fem!Harrys, nubcake. We wrote pretty much all of them that didn't end in a pairing with Snape or a Malfoy.

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Good fucking Lord, you waltz into DLP knowing how strong the anti-Ginny sentiment is over here and you start asking what is wrong with a fic that is not only H/G, but only has shit like bonding in it.

I'm sorry, but in my definition all H/G (Yes, all 28475920392 of them) are absolute fail. There's no ifs or buts about this. Many on DLP are more tolerant towards H/G than me, and will gladly read one if it is very well-written. But the fic you mentioned not only has sappy fluff, but also "bonding"! We at DLP generally steer clear from bonding and soulmates or other similar shit. In short- We hate them.

The chance of anyone realistically finding his or her soulmate, if it is even possible, is extremely low. And the mechanics of how a soulbond or any other romantic "bond" is formed between two characters is always (note that I say "always", not "almost always") poorly explained and developed. Don't give me the "lol its magic/fate/destiny" or whatever other contrived reasons/explanations. I don't buy this shit.

To top it off, Harry and Ginny "bond" or become soulmates when they are 10/11. I have nothing more to say. If you think this is plausible, go ahead, live in your delusional "H/G soulmates" world, but please, GTFO of our forums. Don't taint the place with your filth.

To summarize, this story has H/G (fail), bonding (epic fail), and the bonding takes place when they are 10/11(OMG someone kill him now)!

On a side note, I noticed you mentioned this: "hell better done than nearly every other bonding fic." Well, it is of no consequence whether or not this is really better than every other bonding fic, since they all suck to the high heavens.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
uhh, didnt harry rape lily in that Ophedius one?

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
She loved it really.

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Just remember the lesson learned from hentai games, nubcake: dubious consent is still consent.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Good fucking Lord, you waltz into DLP knowing how strong the anti-Ginny sentiment is over here and you start asking what is wrong with a fic that is not only H/G, but only has shit like bonding in it.

I'm sorry, but in my definition all H/G (Yes, all 28475920392 of them) are absolute fail. There's no ifs or buts about this. Many on DLP are more tolerant towards H/G than me, and will gladly read one if it is very well-written. But the fic you mentioned not only has sappy fluff, but also "bonding"! We at DLP generally steer clear from bonding and soulmates or other similar shit. In short- We hate them.

The chance of anyone realistically finding his or her soulmate, if it is even possible, is extremely low. And the mechanics of how a soulbond or any other romantic "bond" is formed between two characters is always (note that I say "always", not "almost always") poorly explained and developed. Don't give me the "lol its magic/fate/destiny" or whatever other contrived reasons/explanations. I don't buy this shit.

To top it off, Harry and Ginny "bond" or become soulmates when they are 10/11. I have nothing more to say. If you think this is plausible, go ahead, live in your delusional "H/G soulmates" world, but please, GTFO of our forums. Don't taint the place with your filth.

To summarize, this story has H/G (fail), bonding (epic fail), and the bonding takes place when they are 10/11(OMG someone kill him now)!

On a side note, I noticed you mentioned this: "hell better done than nearly every other bonding fic." Well, it is of no consequence whether or not this is really better than every other bonding fic, since they all suck to the high heavens.

Nice to know that you can have a friendly convo without madpeople trying to bite your face off... sheesh. grow up mate. its called, what was it? ah yes, not resorting to insults. Hell why not just name this forum kill ginny for all the bad sentiments thast hanging around?

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:33 AM
its called, what was it? ah yes, not resorting to insults.

Actually it's called the argumentum ad hominem fallacy. But insulting people is fun sometimes, so long as you combine it with an actual argument, which Lucullus did.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Just remember the lesson learned from hentai games, nubcake: dubious consent is still consent.

And pray, what hentai games have you played that i havent?

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Actually it's called the argumentum ad hominem fallacy. But insulting people is fun sometimes, so long as you combine it with an actual argument, which Lucullus did.

Oh allright, but i aint a flamer. argumentum ad hominem, latin for? And this is a fast and easy way to get my post count up ^^

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Believe me, the initial replies to your post were not laced with insults. Yes, they may sound off as hostile, but that is to be expected since this site IS anti-Ginny and anti-H/G after all.

I simply reckoned more insults were needed since the point was apparently not driven home yet.

Besides, ignoring the vulgarities, please correct me on any of the points I raised up on why this fic is absolute shit and hence why the author deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered. If you can't, then just GTFO of here.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:39 AM
nah, you guys sure dont like variety, like i said, i do. And

"Hermione watched in revulsion as a brown rat with a silver paw skittered out of her and off into a crack in the wall, dragging the last vestige of her hymen still caught on its back foot." is that a real story? cuz if it is... sounds interesting

Inquisition
10-19-2007, 07:41 AM
And pray, what hentai games have you played that i havent?

Hello again.

I would like to point out that this does not aid your image when dealing with the opposite sex. At this point, it is doubtful that anyone will actually involve themselves with you.

Oh allright, but i aint a flamer. argumentum ad hominem, latin for? And this is a fast and easy way to get my post count up ^^

Flaming is not all bad; on the contrary - I find it quite gratifying. And high post counts do not equate to respect.

As always, you fail at life.

Good day!

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Hermione watched in revulsion as a brown rat with a silver paw skittered out of her and off into a crack in the wall, dragging the last vestige of her hymen still caught on its back foot." is that a real story? cuz if it is... sounds interesting

Go check out the "WTF fics" thread in Sick and Perverse. The fic is posted there quite recently. I believe the post containing the link also contains the description, "Needs moar rat poison".

Oh, and after you do that, kindly leave. We don't need people like you here to troll around.

Taure
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
argumentum ad hominem, latin for?

Commonly translated as "argument against the man" but "ad" is actually the Latin for "to" so really it's "argument to the man".

Basically, it's the fallacy of insulting a person personally instead of making a case against their arguments. But you don't have any argument's so it's not really valid.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Commonly translated as "argument against the man" but "ad" is actually the Latin for "to" so really it's "argument to the man".

Basically, it's the fallacy of insulting a person personally instead of making a case against their arguments. But you don't have any argument's so it's not really valid.

Thanks for explaining that :)

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:46 AM
You know, the very small amount of respect you get from a high postcount is more than negated by having rep in the red.

Here's an idea. Hop onto IRC so me and Inq can tear you apart in real time. Or, if you're too much of a pussy, continue to lurk this thread and whine that the mean kids are calling you names.

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Besides, ignoring the vulgarities, please correct me on any of the points I raised up on why this fic is absolute shit and hence why the author deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered. If you can't, then just GTFO of here.

I'm still waiting...

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Don't hold your breath, Lucy. He'll just quote your insults and make some non-sequitur he thinks makes him look intelligent.

assosson
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm still waiting...

Why? i already answered in the first page. Maybe you should READ before you post?

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Lucy? Lucy?! LUCY?!?!!!

What must I do to prove my manliness! Tell me now! :D

Must I butcher up assosson and serve him in a stew?

Techies
10-19-2007, 07:54 AM
god you guys are harsh

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 07:55 AM
That is our standard response towards someone who trolls the forums by posting a fic that embodies what almost every DLP member hates.

Tehan
10-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Feel free to make nubcake stew, but you'll still be called Lucy.

Don't feel bad. People get nicknames when their monikers are unsuited for casual conversation. Some of these nicknames are feminine. Inquisition gets called Jamie. LamentitEternum gets called Ellie. And you, dear Lucullus, get called Lucy.

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Why? i already answered in the first page. Maybe you should READ before you post?

No they aren't. Do you even know which post of my I am referring to? It's the one which call decried as full of insults. I believe deep inside the vulgarities are actually some valid criticisms about this fic. You have yet to address them. Perhaps you should actually LEARN how to read before posting.

Inquisition
10-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Feel free to make nubcake stew, but you'll still be called Lucy.

Don't feel bad. People get nicknames when their monikers are unsuited for casual conversation. Some of these nicknames are feminine. Inquisition gets called Jamie. LamentitEternum gets called Ellie. And you, dear Lucullus, get called Lucy.

Tehan enjoys simple nicknames, ones that end with an 'ie' sound. Right Tehannie? ;)

Tehan
10-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Apparently, it's Tehanicle. Go figure.

Jon
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Dude, totally off topic and unnecessary. And uhh, care to link me to that socalled anti H/G intro thread? Still cant find it.

On the contrary, it shows a complete lack of forum etiquette. I shall move to have you banned when Raven comes online. :)

assosson
10-19-2007, 08:40 AM
On the contrary, it shows a complete lack of forum etiquette. I shall move to have you banned when Raven comes online. :)

Actually, please do, id rather either just browse as a guest or just make a new account lest inquisitor haunts me for the rest of my stay here.

AngelDeathLife
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
psh, shut up noob

repe

Taure
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
AngelDeathLife = Techies = Assosson?

Wow, we have another trident. Unless...

Ruixing
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
i actually quite liked fate's debt - bit on the fluffy side though.

Lucullus
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
It's ok if you like it, just don't try to seek explanations as to why others don't, when this is a blatantly anti-Ginny site.

Gives us - well, me at least - the impression that you are trying to foist the fic on us, or get us to like it even when the general opinion on the fic by DLPers have been very poor, to say the least.

AllieWay
10-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Wow... fully flame thread... Anything else you guys hate?

Marie M
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, noobs like you.

Gullible
10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Since nobody has posted any pictures yet I would like to post a few that I feel really embody the general consensus of this site.
http://hosted.thegroupofthey.com/gtfo.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3932/gtfo3cr.jpg
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/4294/gtfo.png
http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/gtfo_forum_11.jpg
http://mazarin.pandarage.com/gtfo.jpg

Naga's Shadow
10-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow this went up earlier this morning and already its reached four pages of Flame wars between our mysterious poster, and his/her banned supporters. The reason why Fates Debt wasn't very good has been stated but I'll repeat it without all the rancor. I read up till about year five one afternoon but the story didn't impact me enough to bother bookmarking. The plot device to change the world is contrived at best and in the end only results in a smart Harry and Ginny going through Hogwarts.

By smart I mean they steer clear of all the minor pitfalls that JKR uses to guide the plot along but still manage to hit the larger ones that are needed for the author to make a cannon like story. The end result of this is that most of the conflict is removed and its just like reading the books but with added interaction between Harry and Ginny.

Which brings you to problem two. The romance is sappy at best and just plain dumb at worst. If you read in you realize that H/G's lovely soul bond effectively married them as soon as they touched in the first chapter. I don't mind H/G on a abstract level the way many here do but I do find a problem with a romance that doesn't take place. There's no way out of a soul bond the two of them just spend the rest of the time trying to learn to like each other.

I'm not looking back at the story so forgive me if I get this wrong but I remember a lot of monologe style profession of feelings, Kinsfire style. Poor literary device plus a bad plot device do not a good romance make. There are good H/G romances out there but they don't have the words soul bond or "monster in his chest."

In conclusion, poor romantic motivations plus an almost super Harry ease of dealing with the few conflicts that exist result in a bland and boring read.

Or as Dark Lord Gullible said...

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/4294/gtfo.png

DarthBill
10-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Moar pics!

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/516/smartdogmb7.png (http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smartdogmb7.png)
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8779/uteambs5.jpg (http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uteambs5.jpg)
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9130/hatecatof8.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hatecatof8.jpg)

Gtfo.

Hubby
10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
flame me! flame me!

Dark Syaoran
10-19-2007, 10:43 PM
...How about a ban?

And this is now going in the Hall of Shame, because it's pretty lulz. :)