1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Beta

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by cazten, Jan 4, 2006.

1. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

Im seeking a Beta for my fic im working on here.
    In a nutshell Harry gets offered tutoring from an elite vampire in a vampire community in return for killing voldmort and helping to stop discrimination of vampires. Gets tutored as the only mortal EVER to learn vampirian magic.

-Will be Independant!Harry later on in fic but he will be very guided durring the main part of his training.
    -Will not be Super!Harry. The object is having a new form of magic for Harry to use that will hopefully even out the power and knowledge gap between Voldemort and himself.
    -Most likely will have light romance later on in story, and if so it will be Harry/OCVampire 100% (NOT slash)

-Things i need from beta-
    -Make sure I keep characters 'in character'. Also make sure they dont suddenly change completely overnight. Basically help me make it a smooth transition from old Harry to kick ass Harry.
    -Keep powers in check, make sure I don't make Harry too powerfull as i might have a tendency to do slightly. So if you are Harry!Godlike fan this wont be a position for you.
    -Point out and help me avoid any bad cliches. Ill try my best to avoid them but there may be some I dont catch or arent even aware of.
    -Someone who can help my develope any of my ideas, and help me keep it as original as possible.
    -Also if you good at doing dialogue that would be a sure plus, I have problems with it sometimes and i feel it might come out strained.

I do NOT really need someone with perfect grammer and spelling skills. Im confident that my writing will be plenty easy to read and digest for you to help me. I mainly just need someone here to help me keep the content good and the story entertaining.
    Once I am happy with that I will have it go through another beta whos good with the spelling/grammer to put on the final touches.

If your interested PM me your email and ill send you the first two chapters I have completed for you to see if you like the idea.