1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dude04 The Author...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by True Story, Jan 4, 2006.

1. True Story

True Story Third Year

What happened to this guy and his two fics? I remember one was called Cadet Potter but not the other....does anyone know what happened to him? Both of his fics were about Harry taking a more proactive role in the war; in the first Harry enters dueling tournaments and the like....don't remember the name though....

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

3. True Story

True Story Third Year

Thanks so much....his new story "The Old Ways" seems like a piece of crap reading the summary though....*sigh* I'll just have to take the chance that it might be and read it.....

4. True Story

True Story Third Year

Wow....the story is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.....infact I may even call it above average...... :shock:....Hell he might even fit in here he says he despises Harry/Ginny....

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*nod* Well, I dont think the mods/admins would be opposed if you dropped him a review/invite.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Might have to look myself if he has impressed you.

7. True Story

True Story Third Year

I thought from the summary that it was going to be the same old crap about ancient magic slytherin and Gryffindor used but thank god its not I actually hate that. He always does some interesting stuff....unique stuff....the animagus is a down side to this story....but other than that it's alright.

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I agree, summary was crap, but its actually a good story so far

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I've always enjoyed dude04's stories. His first one was a lot of silly darkish-but-light-sided violence. Harry went a little off the deep end and was sending Killing Curses in all directions and had a little trial in the Quidditch Pitch at Hogwarts. I especially like the Weasley twins whipping out scorecards every time Harry had a zinger and Fudge looked like an idiot. Story I think was called something like "Harry Potter Year 06: WAR!"

That one got a dozen or so chapters. After that was "Cadet Potter" I think. Which I was looking forward to because it featured a sort of Mentor!Flitwick. An idea that I've not really seen but could be real good. I mean we *know* he's a dueling champion. And plenty small enough to look up dresses and stow away in the overhead compartment on flights. Why aren't there more Flitwicky fics? I think Cadet Potter was started like a week before HBP came out, and the author claimed to try and get it done before HBP. Again, author removed the fic but this time only after a couple, maybe three chapters.

And now, The Old Ways, is another semi-interesting start. I'd love to see the author actually finish a fic, or at least leave up the unfinished ones. "WAR!" had a lot of fun scenes. Even though the author admits it was like a popcorn sort of fic.

Oh well. Maybe this one he'll remove too, as it's three chapters old. Or maybe we'll get more. Annoying as it is for authors to pull their fics, I still enjoy what he writes.

10. True Story

True Story Third Year

I agree fully with everything you just said.