1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Condemned 2: Blood Shot review

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Cruentus, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well I was in town today and my horror craving was starting to peek so it came down to either Area 51: Black Sight or Condemned 2 and after a long drawn out thinking process I went for the latter on the simple hope that maybe the game would clear all the fucking confusion that you were left with in the first game, and so far no, no it has not:mad: Anyway the game basically starts with some weirdo phone call by a guy looking for the guy you played in the first game, I forget his name, all I remember is that at the time I though he looked like a cheap rip off of Gorden Freeman, and wouldn't you know it your hero from the first game has become a drug using bum, I think it was X that he mixed with the drink, Almost instantly the weird and creepy shit starts up again and still no fucking explanation in sight:mad:

The graphics are superb and they really use the lighting and sound, as well as music, to great affect, overall I have not played this enough yet to give it an actual rating, but if everything goes well it could be 5/5, but for now it has to settle for 4/5 because somebody needs to teach the fuckers how to write a storyline.

Oh ya! Who do I see about getting my name changed?

WARNING: This game screws with your head! Play at your own risk! (to get an idea of how fucked up this game is all you have to do is picture a FPS game that would satiate Vash's blood lust and you pretty much get the picture:D )

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I was thinking of getting this game, but then I saw that Dark Sector was coming out soon. So Dark Sector won. :p

I did see a trailer in which you throw a baby that blows up. That was epic.

3. Cruentus

Yes I can't wait to get to it, on the other hand I just reserved my copy of Resistance 2:D

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

O_O

You can reserve Resistance 2 now?! WHAR?

5. Cruentus

Game stop in the mall for me. The guy said it comes out in September, God of War III is slated to come out before December, but I am going to wait on reserving that one.

I got me an internet router so I can be part of this big DLP slag fest somebody was mentioning in the thread Vash posted about the game.

Sree do you know who I talk to to change my name?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  6. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Send a PM to one of the Admins.

On topic: Yes, Condemned 2 is an excellent horror game, up until the actual combat. It's way better when it plays with your senses, as opposed to fighting shit.

7. Cruentus

Ya its interesting to be able to just rip something off a wall and beat somebody over the head with it, but honestly I would rather just have a gun.

thanks for the help Mindless

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

The first Condemned weirded me out. In the process of chasing down someone wanted for maybe a dozen murders, you slaughter your way through literally hundreds of derros and druggies.

9. Cruentus

On top of that the story barely made any since, I mean sure you had your guy chasing a Serial Killer, but then what was with all the weird cultists with nails in their heads? It never explained it.

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I dunno, explaining it all would have killed it. The game gave you enough pieces to piece together weird little theories of your own, which I like.

If you didn't feel like doing your own little hobo impersonation, here's the info tracking down all the birds and chunks of metal would give you.

11. Cruentus

Nah I'd rather play through the second game and see if I get it then.

12. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Whoa, God of War III is coming out? I really have been living under a rock.

Back on topic, I have never played the 1st Condemned :(

Would you all recommend me play it? Before Condemned 2?

13. Cruentus

Really and truly you could probably still get enjoyment from playing the second game without the first, but it would still be better to play the first one just to get a grasp of the situation, slippery though it may be.