1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Goddess of Ran, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Hey, does anybody out there play any MMORPG games?

2. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

Yes, World of Warcraft actively, Guild Wars occasionly. Both are fun, just depends on your style of play.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

atm only MMOG I do is BF2, but I've played

Asheron's call <favorite
    WoW
    Anarchy online (ew)
    EQ 1 for about a week after it came out and i got disgusted with it
    Planetside Alpha through Beta tester
    Guild Wars - just tried the free trial this week and enjoyed it alot

4. Goddess of Ran

Among those the only ones I've tried is Guild Wars and Wow since it's the only one here in the Philippines from your list. Both are good for me but I still prefer Ragnarok Online.

ROK ON!! :p

5. Midknight

Also forgot to list Priston Tale I played that for awhile as well, but it's almost entirely Korean so english players are few in between

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I used to play that way back in the day when it first come out. It's been like 3 years since I played it. My dude was really strong. Cant remember what level. That game was fun anyway.

7. Midknight

8. Goddess of Ran

Priston Tale I've heard of but never got around to playing it. It came out in the Philippines around the end of my fourth year in high school so I didn't have any time to play it.

The ones I've played so far are Gunbound, Tantra, World of Warcraft, Rose Online, RF Online, Maple Story and of course, Ragnarok Online.

I prefer Ragnarok since even after reaching base level 99 and reaching job level 50 with your second job, you can return to being base level 1 with the stats of your level 99 character still on and it allows you to make your stats even higher and attain the third job. Anyone can reach level 99 the first time in three days time, so long as you don't sleep, but reaching level 99 again with the third job will take a while longer.

Was that too confusing? :)

9. Midknight

Nah I understood it just fine. I'm a bit of a graphics whore atm, or else I'd give it a try.

Debating trying Knight's online, or Gunz, or possibly Mu one day though

10. Goddess of Ran

I started playing MU late and ended up being killed by Player Killers over ten times within the first thirty minutes of play time. It wasn't too hard to recognize yoru avatar by the way. I've seen it too many times on posters and such. :D

But with regards to graphics, Ragnarok might not be the best but it gives less chance for the screen to lag compared to other games where the characters are 3D, thos games lag too much when there are too many characters on screen.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Only MMORPG I got around to playing was Diablo II. Was fun..

12. Midknight

Aye, I'd looked forever for a knight in decent armor, that either was blue, or could be PS'ed blue, and I happened upon this one from Mu. I've also heard about problems from PK's on that game, which I why I hadn't bothered yet

This is the original of my ava. Ravenclaw played with it abit for me, and used my name+the helmet for the font graphics. I'd of loved to of been able to keep the entire cape, but size restrictions made it alot over. I'm thinking of changing it to knightsidewars.job and making my name go up the shield, as I'm sick of getting PM's asking what my avatar is, b/c no one can figure out it's a kneeeling knight, lol.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/currentava.jpg

Heres the ones I chose from for it
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/Knightsideways.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/Knightsideways2.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/Helmet.jpg

13. Goddess of Ran

Actually, what I mostly see is a front view of MU characters but rarely the knight you're using. I only recognized it when I took a clsoer look at the design. Each MMORPG game has a certain style and it didn't take too long to recognize MU's style. Oh, and the armor's own design gave it away too.

14. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I used to be obsessed with MMOG's and MMORPG's, but then I became board with most of the games I was playing. Don't play much at all these days.

15. Goddess of Ran

I enjoy it too much to stop especially Ragnarok and Gunbound.

Ragnarok because they keep upgrading it. when it started there were no weapon sprites, no alternate second jobs and certainly no third jobs. Then they began adding new maps, monsters, equipment and jobs.

And gunbound is a game where your rank doesn't matter. What matters is your skill. A rank chick could beat a rank battleaxe if the chick played enough times and got used to the game.

16. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    I occasionally play runescape. that's about it.

17. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I don't mean to revive old threads but this one caught my interest >_<.

MMO's I've played are:

World of Warcraft
    City of Heroes/City of Villains
    Ragnarok Online Private servers
    Fly for Fun

My top two are CoH and FfF. CoH's is an MMO with a past paced action feeling rather than the sword and shield quests. Missions consist of saving hostages, retrieving magical relics from a gang, and diffusing bombs inside caves. Unlike other MMO's buying the best weapons and armor doesn't make you the best player in the game, because there are no weapons and armor. You boost your skills attributes with enhancements to make them stronger and/or more effective.

FfF is a free MMO that looks pretty but itsn't much fun. Guildwars is just plain lonely and got boring to me really quick, plus the expansion is it's own game and will probably end up costing around 50 dollars.

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I play Guild Wars, Gunbound, Gunz and of course Ragnarok.

Guild Wars is my fav, since I'm in a Guild with my friends and well we kick ass. Gunbound I was good at and also in a Guild. Gunz could nevre get in to and bored me quickly. Ragnarok is pretty fun but a little repetitive at times.

19. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

Are we allowed to talk about private servers here?

20. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I play Stargatewars, it's a turn-based MMORPG that i've been playing for about 2-3 weeks and i've shot up in the ranks. I also play Chaos wars, which is a spin-off or stargatewars, Quantumwars, which is another spin-off that resets every 3 months, I found it too hard so i haven't been on my account for ages; and Atlantean wars, it's the same as stargatewars but set in the Atlantisverse. If anyone wants to give me a bit of help you can click the link in my sig. it gives me an extra unit; also, if you click the link, you can sign up and become one of my officers, which I am in much need of

I know I sounded like a used car salesman but the games are just too god not to be advertised.