1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Parsel Me This...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Stalicon, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Parsel Me This

Harry realises that the time for him to defeat the Dark Lord is near and that he knows next to nothing. Panicing He flees to the chamber of secrets to try and find some hidden knoledge Riddle may have missed. But all he finds is an old garden snake curled up on a table in a Library full of empty shelves. Wanting to see if the snake might be able to help him he asks the snake for help.....only to find out that it is no ordanary snake....It has all the memories of Slytherin himself in its pessesion(sp?).

The snake once awoken and with a few conditions trains Harry in many asspects(sp?) of magic. But mostly Parselmagic......how the the story goes from there is up to you.

Conditions

>Kill Ginny

>Snake is a garden snake and nothing more, just a copy of his memories like a pensive(sp?) nor Slytherin himself. or a Baskilsk in dissguse or whatever else you might have come up with.

2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Err. . . cut out the Parselmagic and I'd read it. Parselmagic has been so overused it's not even funny. Plus the fact that most authors make it so if you say a spell in Parsel tongue it becomes uber powerful.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

In my Evil-ish!Harry story, he's going to pretty much use all his spell casting in parseltongue. Not to make it more powerful, no, because it freaks most people out and in a duel that can help. Also, you dont know what he's throwing at you if he's talking in hisses. Though he could just do wordless but it takes more brain power to do that.

4. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

Breainpower isn['t one thing that one should waste on casting a spell... better to hiuss a spell and make your enemy scared tehn loose due to teh focus required for teh spell and forget everything around you and get nailed by an AK

5. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Yea, parselmagic was awesome at first, but now its just meh.

6. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I'd read it if anyone who actually does the Parselmagic makes it done well and not without limits. That just gets irritating.

7. Hives

Hives Guest

Interesting. I specifically like the way it starts out - I'd probably read the first chapter, see if it's well written enough to bother continuing...