PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga I, II and III

Sarah
05-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I looked through the forum a little and I didn't see a thread for this game. Not that I'm surprised its not overly popular anyway.

Did anyone else find Albedo freaky and scary as hell? I mean the dude is fucking insane.

If you liked the games what did you like about it? What annoyed you, etc.

I liked the cutscenes I can't help it I'm a sucker for cutscenes. The editing annoyed the hell out of me. So the first game can have Gnosis pounding people into hamburger meat but the third can't show Albedo breaking a Realian's arm? Or show us the blood on Allen and Jin (which is odder still considering the fact that the showed the blood on Allen in an earlier cutscene. :(

Lokesin
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Albedo was one of the most awesome villains ever, but I only ever got to play the first game.

That said, i absolutely loved the first game.

The cutscenes were done masterfully, even if they were quite long.

If you play RPGs for the story, the 1st game was one that had plenty of it for you.

That said, from what i remember, the people being the creative ideas of the first game and the second and third game were different groups, as i recall.

LT2000
05-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I've beaten the first game, played some of the second (which sucks IMO) and didn't buy the third when I could have and now it's too hard to find. And yes, I agree that Albedo is a truly epic villain.

Sarah
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I've beaten the first game, played some of the second (which sucks IMO) and didn't buy the third when I could have and now it's too hard to find. And yes, I agree that Albedo is a truly epic villain.

I found it used at GameStop (which pisses me off with their ridculous prices :mad: ) Though a lot of people keep telling me the second one sucks. I never bought it (I only bought 1 and 3 I plan on buying 2 but meh). Its too bad they had to shorten it from 6 games to 3. I get the feeling that we missed a lot of Cannan's backstory and more information. Oh well...I don't understand why people didn't like it but oh well what can you do.

Xiph0
05-09-2008, 04:02 AM
I found it used at GameStop (which pisses me off with their ridculous prices :mad: )

Used PS2 games at my local GameStop are like 6-20$.

Imperator Pesmerga
05-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Only played two... Cutscenes were too long.

Sarah
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Used PS2 games at my local GameStop are like 6-20$.

I meant the new games :D I mean they were charging me 40 dollars for Suidekon 5 new. When I could have bought it from the store near my house for 30 (Please note this included tax)

So yeah I considered the price to be a rip off. Though the two Xeno's I bought only cost me 28.50 Which wasn't too bad but they were both used.

Xiph0
05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I meant the new games :D I mean they were charging me 40 dollars for Suidekon 5 new. When I could have bought it from the store near my house for 30 (Please note this included tax)

Oh, alright.