1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by FollowTheReaper, Jun 9, 2008.

1. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

Has anyone other than me played it? If so, Your thought's on the Graphics, Gameplay, Character class Balance, anything special to mention etc...

2. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Oh god, I used to be obsessed with this game. I remember I played it until I was good enough to get about 5 kills for every death of mine (I'm not very good at fps games so that should say something). It's not compatible on my new computer though and I haven’t played it in years.

I always thought it was a pretty well balanced game. The graphics are dated now but I don't mind at all.

Counter-ops sometimes have it rough: Sniping in an unmodded server tends to be weak with the exception of a few maps that allow it to flourish, and the sten machine gun and the the fg42 (or is it the fg82?) are pretty weak. Counter-ops do get some good advantages though that balance it out though.

Only other thing I feel I should point out is being a “panzer whore” is a good way to make everyone on the map hate you.

3. FollowTheReaper

Yes... Though the Covert Ops have the advantage of stealing the pants and stabbing other players in the back ^^

4. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

That’s what I meant. If you steal a uniform remember you can go through locked enemy doors. Watch out though because you will still have your old weapon and will have the name of someone on the enemy team.

I should clarify a bit on the covert-ops weapons. The sniper rifle can actually be used in close combat once you get good at aiming. The sten gun is pretty accurate and you can get off a lot of headshots very quickly if your good.

For laughs try playing a field ops and spamming artillery and air strikes on a crowded area the enemy must go through.

You may have know about this but heres a dirty trick on fuel dump. A covert ops needs to steal an enemy uniform. After the tank blows up the grate by the bridge the covert ops and an engineer can sneak into the tunnels. You can go through the tunnels into the fuel dump, letting the engineer in through the door. The engineer can then dynamite the fuel dump. Smart axis players will suicide and spawn at the fuel dump though so be carefull.

You can do the same thing on the map where you have to destroy the big gun on the map with beaches (forgot its name). The engineer and covert ops go through the left path on the beach where usually nobody goes. The engineer gets let in and blows up the firing controls. Of course you need to be careful.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  5. FollowTheReaper

Knew That :cool:, and the Map name is Battery (everybody and their grandmother uses the backdoor...?)

6. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Well I haven’t played in a long time as I said so I'm a bit rusty. I'm going to re-download the game and try getting it to work again.

7. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

The game ist great when you have some friends who play ET,too.

It makes really fun when you play a war (3vs3;6vs6) and use TeamSpeak to coordinate your gameplay. There is also a big community where it is easy to find a war :D.

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news

Somewhere there is the IRC address for war search.

8. FollowTheReaper

Yup, I'm checking that link, Thank You

9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I've got it installed on my comp, but never got around to playing it. I like fast FPS games, so I've more gotten obsessed with Urban Terror over ET =/.

10. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

The only problem of the game is that you must write a Config. to disable and change afew stettings.
    You can change many thinks with your config :D
    for example:

bind MOUSE1 "+attack"

bind MOUSE2 "+vstr fern_a fern_b"
    set fern_a "seta cg_fov 90; seta cg_crosshairSize 40"
    set fern_b "seta cg_fov 105; seta cg_crosshairSize 58"

Thats a mini zoom for alle weapons. For me it works gerade for the MP40, Thomson and Sten.

More Config. editing :
    [Iam Editing the link when i find it again]

11. FollowTheReaper

The continuous tinkering with the configs is a bit tedious at times though...

12. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've been playing this game for years, I stop for a while, but keep coming back to it time and time again.

Played on a sniper server today, and I shit you not, went 147 - 4 in a single round.

13. FollowTheReaper

No need to shit me, as I know that is an Easy or Hard task, depending on the server. And also sniper, hey c'mon, try the same with medic.. :)