1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

After All by Majestrix - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Galleon, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Title: After All
    Author: Majestrix
    Rating: M
    Categories: Angst/Action/Adventure
    Pairings: Harry/OC
    Summary: They do have one, but it contains a huge spoiler for the story so I didn't want to post it.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2260109/1/

My Summary: This story picks up after the OotP. Harry's back at Privet drive and is having a normal summer until a new "muggle" family moves into the house next door, and Harry falls for the daughter.

The story isn't one of my absolute most favorite stories, but it was pretty well written and was a good read in my opinion. Even if the characters tend to be a little whiny at times; features manipulative Dumbledore. :D

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I enjoyed this story for a while then ti sort of slid down hill slightly.. i still like it.. its just not groundbreakingly great...never has been really

3. razz

razz Seventh Year

thirty nine chapters ... 234636 words ...

Oh Gawd.

:shock:

4. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Columbus, Ohio USA on weekends, weekdays The Void.
    Simply f-u-c-k-i-n-g awesome for me. This is a great story, and I can't wait till I can read the next update for this. I'd like to see the author or someone make a pic of Mahari with Mera and Max, and a pic of Tedros so we can see just what they look like.

My only problem with this fic is that it's TOO involved in how Harry and Mahari's relationship is, and these powers of Mahari and Tedros just popping up here and there. I mean I'd like to see just one chapter where Granny Xantha sits down and actually explains things to Harry&Mahari, not this constant "Oh I guess I forgot about that" kind of stuff.

5. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

I started reading this last week. I really liked the author's other fics, Somewhat Lost and Somewhat Found, so upon speaking more with her about this fic, I took a gander at it. Now, I'm only on chapter 11 so far (at that is a lot for me, everyone knows how rubbish I am when it comes to reading fics, especially while I'm writing one) but I must say I was a little jarred by how different it is from the above mentioned.

Mahari is an interesting character, though not as strong (yet) as her Angelina in Lost/Found. The fact that she's an empath changed my opinion that the intimacy between her and Harry was developing too quickly for my tastes.

Tedros and the family are good, pretty well developed characters too, which is definitely a plus. My only pet peeve so far is eccessive descriptions of attire when it isn't that important to the plot of the situation, and the typical Vernon abuse/take Harry shopping for a new wardrobe thing.

That having been said, dialogue is great (she is very good with dialogue in all of her fics), Harry's characterization is pretty good (though I like him in the other fics better), and the story is progressing for me nicely.

When I read more, and get deeper into it I'll edit this.

EDIT: Holy shit. I just realized this is in the trash bin...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  6. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

It started nicely but it got boring in the middle.I hate this type of fanfictions where authors waste time of readers by writing things which were not necessary.

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Yeah, despite the fact that it has four stars... What bullshit.

8. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

An example of me being unobservant. I did a search for this when I was reading the 'Somewhat Found' thread, didn't look at the damn top of the thing, and rated it. If we still had them, I would expect to get negrepped.

9. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

it started interesting but as the story progressed, i somewhat lost interest. if you have nothing to read, you could read this to spend time. 3/5