1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Holy shit Quest Mage is good. When 80% of my match-ups are against Jade Druids, it's that or the Dragon Priest deck I've been running.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Considering 90% of ladder is Jade Druid... Lol, yeah, Quest Mage would be good.

It's even made Mill Rogue comically viable without Gang Up, simply on your popularity of Druid...

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

The Frozen Throne is live in NA. There are different effects with all classes. I played Demonlock without knowledge of what happens to Warlock and my mind was blown!!!

upload_2017-8-24_13-14-21.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Well, I guess I'll be playing Reno for the Warlock, then.

Just beat him as Priest with a nearly-Highlander deck, though Reno wasn't needed. It's a fun fight.

Ironically, Sylvanas was instrumental in my victory.

Turn 7 guaranteed Frostmourne draw meant I took double SW:H. Was able to slam Sylv on curve and get a Brann-Kazakus (deal 8 and 6 to all minions + 4 to all minions and 7 armour) combo off T7,. He wipes his board, kills the Kazakus for some strange reason. I SW:H, do some trading and on my T9, I'm able to guarantee myself his Maexxna.

Then I Fatespinner (random TFT card) for +2/+2, get that on 3 minions (though Onyxia got Obliterated, still good) and took the board with some Lyra help. Maexxna ended up falling after killing 4 minions or so. Bunch of 3 atk minions on board = no self casualties when I used Anduin DK for double Death. Got him with the 10 mana potion.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  5. Gengar

High Score:
    I've done it as Rogue, Mage, Paladin, Druid and Priest.

Priest was easiest, just did BigEZPriest, get Barnes or the new 6 mana spell that's the same kinda effect and it's gg.

Druid was whatever. Swarm with Jades, highroll, win.

Mage was fucking brutal. Need Mistress turn 1 or you just lose. Basically it was stabilize until Jaina with every heal you can get, then it was easy. It was the hardest by far.

Paladin is probably second easiest. Just go Murloc aggro, lol.

In practise, Rogue was actually my easiest win though, because I high-rolled hilariously. Two armies of the dead in all minions decks? lol, there's no coming back from that LK buddy.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mage isn't as difficult when you exploit it properly. Kabal + Counterspell in your opening hand. Counterspell the Lich King's first card, which leaves you at 30. Then you gotta navigate the rest, of course, but getting that good opening helps.

Paladin was the most difficult for me until I found a good control list. Giving LK doomsayers is fun.

Got my Arthas portrait and his hair is fabulous.

7. Mister Ferro

Lich is too rage inducing right now so I started a new arena run with Paladin. My 3rd pick just happens to be Tirion!!!

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Hunter was my hardest at the end. Had to exploit, but even then, making sure you draw Barnes without drawing Y'Sharaaj and LK, then making sure he pulls Y'Sharaaj...

The first time I achieved that fucking combo, he had to obliterates in hand. Rage inducing indeed.

I never play hunter, but I genuinely don't know how else the class is supposed to deal with a board of what's essentially 2/6 taunts...

All in all, it wasn't even an adventure and I still think it's the best adventure to date. If Druid didn't exist, it'd probably be the best meta too.

Btw, how awesome would it have been if, when using the Arthas portrait and you play the DK card, you turn into the LK instead of Uther...

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  10. Mister Ferro

First try this morning I finally beat Lich with the Hyena + Fledgling combo. It was also the first time that he didn't use any of his rage-inducing spells. I got lucky and was offered the windfury + liquid membrane adapts with my first attack. He was at 2 health on his turn 7 and cleared 1 Hyena but I managed to clear the trapped souls with the Fledgling and 2nd Hyena and then Steady Shot for the win.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Czech tied it up in the tied it up 2-2 in the Finals with StanCifka winning with 1 health as Non-Krul Demonlock. They took the lead 3-2 with a win over Pirate Warrior as Priest.

EDIT**

Czech wins with Druid.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can you share your strategy for Hunter? I've been banging my head against the wall for literal hours trying to get the Fledgeling to work.

@Mister Ferro you as well.

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Hunter was pretty easy for me, I 1-shot it.

Run Barnes + Ysharrj + another huge threat, and race, with a ton of spells. Spam restart until you get barnes into y'sharrj into y'sharrj or x.

I used Sneeds, personally, and stuck stuff in like play dead/feign death/etc for my spell package.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well... '1-shot'. I reset twice until I had Barnes on 4, but killed him first time that happened.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    [​IMG]

What would you suggest for Warlock?

Edit: I think I dusted my Kazakus at some point :(

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I ran a singleton reno deck and it was stupid easy for me.

However, that's primarily because my bane of doom spawned a Mal'Ganis and in the last phase, I dropped the hero card and had two mal'ganises up being ballers. If you're RNG ain't quite that ridiculous, then it'll probably be a bit harder, but I'm not sure how much.

15. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Barnes + Sneed, Play Dead T5 got me Mal'Ganis and regular killing got me Gahz'Rilla, and then another from Lock and Load.

I'm sure you know how the rest went.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Funnily enough, the Lich King refuses to get rid of Curse of Rafaam.

17. Mister Ferro

Here is the deck code that I used:

AAECAR8EtwLFCP4M670CDY0BpAKoArUDhwSuBu0GlwjbCYEK6asC6rsCn8ICAA==

So I just beat him a second time with this deck and it was on my turn 7. Once again I got extremely lucky because he didn't draw Obliterate. I won with a 20 attack Hyena and didn't draw Fledgling this game.

His turn 4 he played Grim Necromancer. My turn 5 I played Unleash the Hounds + I played Freezing Trap on my turn 4 which wasn't activated. I cleared the 1/1s and hit Lich for 16 to bring him to 14.

He played Sludge and activated Freezing Trap with Grim Necromancer on turn 5. My turn 6 I Deadly Shot Sludge and played my 2nd Snipe, I cleared the slim with 2 hounds and hit with a 20 attack Hyena. His turn 6 play was a 6 mana Grim Necromancer which was killed off with Snipe and set up this pic:
    upload_2017-8-26_16-59-58.jpeg

The strat for this is to try to finish him off before he gets Frostmourne out. Mulligan for Alleycat, Hyena and Fledgling. The first adapts that you should pick are windfury + liquid membrane. Play Snipe when you think he is going to play Coldwraith or Water Ele. Play Multi-Shot against Saronite or Val'kyr. Play Deadly Shot on Sludge Belcher and lastly pray that he doesn't draw Obliterate or Blizzard by turn 6.

If the game gets to turn 7 and you have Fledgling and/ Hyena then you want both to be high health to survive a swing of Frostmourne + Souls. Play Freezing Trap on your turn 7 and Hunter's Mark + Longbow on turn 8 to clear the Souls.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just getting back into this and I am feeling the lack of good cards. How necessary is buying the full Karazhan wing?

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, the lack of good cards? The powercreep right now is insane...

Don't buy Kara unless you play Wild. It's next on the rotate list.

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I think he means he doesn't have any of the ludicrously good cards that are basically required to do anything right now.