1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah. Misread. Apologies.

Craft DK Rexxar. A lot of fun to be had with that one card.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No no. If you're low on dust and are looking to craft a powerful card, DK Rexxar is not a good one. Hunter is not in a good spot, it's at the bottom of the tier list.

This is if you're concerned about doing well instead of just messing around, at least.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

If you're concerned about doing well, pick literally any druid card from the last 3 expansions and craft that. Rinse repeat until you have a deck, then laugh as you get legend in 20 minutes.

4. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

There is a bug that makes the Warrior attempt easy, KT + Public Defender. Lich will not attack with Frostmourne and the Soul stops attacking when Defender is at 2 health. I milled him and got 2 Gruul's to 39 attack before finishing the 2 second phase.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think Team 5 wants me to become Highlander!!!!

upload_2017-8-29_19-17-56.jpeg

5. Rehio

High Score:
    Pewpewpewpewpew.

Neat, a local gaming store is having a Hearthstone tournament on Saturday. I've gotten legend in the past and all, so surely I have some chance here.

Could be fun.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Hearthstone isn't free 2 play. The most competitive new decks are expensive and require synergy.

I don't think you can be super competitive on a budget. At least Rexxar is fun and can slot into any deck. Jaina doesn't require a lot of synergy either, but if he doesn't have Kara, he doesn't even have FLP so I dunno.

7. Mister Ferro

I also drafted Velen in my 23rd pick so I can pewpewpew for 4!!! This makes 3 runs in a row where I got offered legendaries.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Randomly got Lich King from a 4-win Arena pack.

Better Ysera for less cost, GET! I'd spent all my dust crafting shit I needed to complete the challenges, too, so this is great.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Nice one, I ended up crafting LK but don't even use him in any of the decks I play. He will be relevant for at least a year anyway, so I'm sure during that time there will be a deck I'll need him for.

Warlock is pretty good with the hero card, if you can survive til late game- even if they have a board clear, it's difficult to out value the hero power. Skulking Geist counters jade druid nicely(and some combo priest decks, since they lose their PW:shields, pint sized potion and potion of madness).

Defile and the new + spell damage minion is a decent board clear to survive against early game.

10. Mister Ferro

Here is my full Priest arena deck, I'm currently 2-1 (wins against Mage & Paladin, loss against aggro Warrior):
    upload_2017-8-31_10-54-9.png

11. Rehio

High Score:
    Lost in the semi-finals 3-2. It was so close, holy shit. And incredibly fun.

Mage vs. Warlock.

I had Fireball+Fireball+(Primordial Fireball) + (Primordial frostbolt).

21 burst in one turn. He had 22 health.

I mean.. I had to go. He had full on board control, and there was no getting around it. Put him to one health, and he recovered by going into panic mode and siphoning his own minions.

Damn, it was fun.

12. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

And that is why you weave in pings as much as you can. ;)

13. Mister Ferro

14. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Lol.

For some reason it feels like the one person actually doing any work on team 5 emerged from a haze of weed smoke, stumbled across the mountain of cheeto dust and read the forums from a year ago. Said 'oh yea we like totaly need to do something about all these aggro decks' whipped these nerfs up in 5 minutes while refilling his bong and went back into the haze.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I think they should always take their time to nerf classic cards like Innervate, Hex and FWA.

And I especially like that they nerfed Spreading Plague. I honestly think that was the biggest problem card in Druid, even more than Innervate. I'd have put it at 7 like they said in the notes - mostly because of MOTL - but we'll see how it performs at 6. I'm just happy that it was so quickly - and rightly - nerfed.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh my lord. As someone who loves Mill decks, Mill/Fatigue warrior is a treat. It's also insanely hard to play -specifically, reading the game correctly and setting up perfect Dead Man's Hands.

There's something hilarious about setting up the game in a way where you can get insane amounts of armour with Bring It On and removing everything with brawl/ww&SwtF/FlameGarroshStrike etc.

Going against big priest? Make sure you DMH your executes! XD

17. Oment

I'm just wondering how Fatigue Warrior mirrors are going to work if it shows up at pro levels...

18. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Thank god druid is being nerfed. I've only been able to play Quest Mage since 90% of my matchups are against Jade Druids.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    There's a 45 turn limit...

20. Oment

That ends in a draw, which is kind of useless in the format that Hearthstone tournaments use. You could probably weave in something for the Swiss rounds, sure, but imagine a Fatigue Warrior vs Fatigue Warrior on 2-2 in the knock-out phase.

How do you do that?