1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash'Ura, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kwrobes

kwrobes Squib

I loved this episode. It brought back all the existentialism I'd missed from the last couple random episodes. I want the episodes to have this dark undercurrent. Now I see wubba-lubba-dub-dub in the first season and I just get the feels for Rick which makes rewatching an absolute blast.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I finally decided to check this series out and it's probably one of the best shows, not just animated, I watched for all the reasons already mentioned. What I'm not sure was mentioned is excellent use of music, from its own parody songs to normal songs like these in ending scenes of Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind and Auto Erotic Assimilation.

And it's nice I didn't need to wait a year and a half for the third season.

3. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Wow. I think that might have been the best episode of the series so far - not necessarily in terms of comedy, just story-wise. I didn't laugh much, but I was completely engrossed throughout the entire episode.

4. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

Man that Atlantis adventure sure was crazy.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come home.... to Simple Rick.

6. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I couldn't get the pepridgefarm commercial out of my head.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

And there I was starting to doubt they will pick up this thing in this season. But the whole episode was one of the best with its exploration of the world of just Ricks and Morties.

8. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That reveal at the end though, and it ups the hype for episode 10. The description is that Rick gets into a confrontation with the president, and now we know who that is.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Never seen Rick and Morty until very recently, but now I've watched all of it. :D

10. Zombie

From an outsiders perspective what are your thoughts? Everyone I've talked to that doesn't watch it can't stand the fact that Rick can't talk without burping and think its the stupidest show they've ever seen.

I quite enjoy it, because while its humor aspects are raunchy, its something that draws you in quite quickly. I was also a late comer to the series, started about near the end of season 2. I actually read a fic that featured Krombopulos Michael, which his episode, the first episode of season 3, and the Hivemind episode are probably my favorites.

11. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I get that, although the burp stuff faded later. Me, I loved it from this moment:

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I started at the end of season 2. The random farts and burpspeak are indeed the stupidest part of the show, and they could disappear without any detriment to the top kek nihilist humor.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Rick is cynical in a lazy way some cynical folks are, where they just never see good in anything and probably need a good relaxation and chat with a therapist. Morty saves it for me, because while he's basically Michael Cera half the time, he has moments of clarity and maturity.

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, now that episode was actually pretty good. If that's replacing interdimensional cable, I'm all for it. Those used to be the weakest episodes.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I wonder when they swapped to the new dimension... Before season 3 started? Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Rick has been methodically removing memories that paint him in a bad light/humiliate him from Morty.

16. Zombie

You talking about with the Squirrels?

I liked it in anycase, but I would have liked Interdimensional Cable as well.

I figured the colors were levels of escalation more than anything.

What were the pink (were they pink) memories? I know the blue was Morty, and the Red was Rick memories that embarrassed him. Kind of lost track otherwise.

I like how they've continued with the whloe "adventures when the screen is off" type deal, it adds more depth to the show where an otherwise linear story line wouldn't work.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  17. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Holy fuck interdimensional cable is fucking shit and I'm actually confused how any single one of you can like a 20 minute dead gag of repeating dead gags. Ironically, this episode had the best interdimensional cable with house hunters.

tl;dr Summer's cool.

18. Zombie

Not necessarily my favorite, but it still better than half the shit they show on adult swim. Have you seen Daytime Wrestling, Infomericals, anything Tim and Eric makes, they had a 20 minute show where they had commentators watching fish in an aquarium. Mr. Pickles (which is actually funny), Metalocalpyse(actually funny).

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The stories they told in the background while they did Interdimensional Cable made the dumb improv gags worthwhile. Beth and Jerry's toxic romance and Jerry's insecurities are always A+ TV.

20. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

That's hilarious.