1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Close but not exactly right.

Fluff is somewhat bored by rolling town and is basically waiting to roll wolf again and fool people, or at least try to.
    Yes his role pm was boring to him, but not because of vanilla, but because of town.

Easy to fake, but it fits overall with his play, which is somewhat underwhelming at this point.

I am lacking the little spark that makes me 100% sure about it, but I am fairly certain he is town.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Beru should get on their computer to make some possible coalignments, but Beru is tired and bed is comfy.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey, Jan.

I thought that the "town post" you were thinking of was in fact your first one, but because of the no flips part, not the fists part.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Funny enough, bears 1st post was the most town thing they have done all game.

Oh and calling me null when some people called me towny for my behavior feels like going the grain on purpose, there is no reason or read mentioned behind it, which is/was the first time I thought rubi might be scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It is a quote from a wrestling team. :p

The flips part was a pure coincidence that had notthing to do with the game.

Funfact .. my first post is the only post that I somewhat regret so far.

Funny to me that people think I would think that it was clearing in any way to fakeclaim cop or talk no flips.
    I am technically a walking dumbtell just for the fun of it and to fuck with people. (and sometimes because I forget things).

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh no.

I'm getting the "there's 10 wolves and me" feel.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

lynch: beruru

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I would say I don't know why you would post this, but I guess it's one of the things that makes you town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    A few phases from now, town is going to lose the game because some people aren't at least giving the bare minimum of explanation.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I dont think it says a lot about me, but you can feel free to read into it if you want.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think Bears is the wrong place to go today.

I also think my townread on GH was too preliminary. Reasons after league.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If you could explain why you think I'm town, that would also help.

Like if people explained anything at all? That would be nice?

I should probably put my money where my mouth is and get on my computer to do shit, tbh.

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Is this normally a recurring thing? Could you summarize a bit of what goes into that?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fair. What are you doing in the meantime to play while your wifi is down?

I prefer town, for the most part. Actually, I usually love rolling VT (even in role-heavy games) because it's the least restricted role, and because rolling wolf is stressful as all hell to keep up. I say "usually" because this is the third time in a row I play mountainous as town on a site that isn't my own, and had kinda hoped that'd get switched up a bit. Can't complain though, this is probably a lot better for my mental and physical health tbh
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh I see Delphine's bio answers the wifi question. Apparently the answer is "McDonald's"

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Do you think so? I have the opposite impression, that their subsequent posts have been more town for attitude and interactions.

I second the request for you to elaborate on your reads.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In my experience, the key to happiness as a wolf is to accept from the start that my whole team is going to be lynched in some spectacularly embarrassing manner and just try to have fun seeing how many people I can confuse in the meantime.

I may have mafia PTSD, not sure.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I uh, liked the way you said "I am town."

Like.

It reminded me of the way you approached me in a video mafia game a couple weeks ago.

Anyway,

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Is this a serious vote?

What do you think of his reaction + read of you?

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Very much like this. Good catch, the first two posts seem to contradict each other. I don't think the third is a qualifier for the second, but it looks like a bit contrived for its purpose of townreading Font. Like Jari tries to clear Font, realizes that saying "Player would do X as scum" is a generalization and looks forced, but pushes it anyways by noting it as "blunt, but think in that direction".

Moving GH up my townladder a bit for this post. Unique basis for the read, clearly explained, and doesn't seem to be pushing an agenda.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Unvote

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Most of her later post are so much filler talk that is as mcuh mechanics as a vanilla game can have.

And only dodging doing any actual game related work.
    You could argue that dodging it openly is towny, but it is just not. It is nothing at best.

And I assume the 2nd part is not to me because I am one of the few people who does that.

Just look through her iso and let me know how much posts you find that are trying to solve anything and how many of them are vague mechanics and useless nothings.

Her one scumgame after coming back only showed me that you dont postcount clear her.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Definitely a forum problem lol but not completely horrible to work around

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "Beruru is a wolf for doing nothing.

Fluff is a villager for doing nothing"

Do I have this right?

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

It was a serious vote, or at least one intended to get GH to back up what he was saying.
    Coming into thread and starting FIGHTs usually has towny intentions (wanting to stir things up and get ppl to give readworthy interactions), but he only said he'd do it before disappearing entirely for the day he said he'd fight people. Just saying he'd start fights and then not actually starting them made me think he only said it in the first place to look towny.

I skimmed thread before starting to reply so, while I saw his response to me (something along the lines of giving me town 'cause he doesn't wanna fight me? idk I'll get to it) I can't answer in depth until I finish catching up. Didn't seem off IIRC, but more importantly in reading him imo was the post on his thoughts on Jari and Beru.

19. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Bad post IMO, you know there are degrees to this and meta context.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I meant to but other stuff happened. Forcing things didn't feel right at the time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I might have had a few drinks when I made that first FIGHTS post.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    And I care not at all.

I don't even agree with the idea that beruru hasn't done anything and pair that with the fact that fluff has done literally nothing it makes those two reads quite ridiculous.