1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

(Sorry, I'm combing through old threads in an ancient land and found this perfect response. It's also true. Please stop letting me make decisions.)

2. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

So I'll be honest: I thought that post I was responding to was from Beru.

But I agree that Beru has done much more than Fluff.
    --- Post automerged ---
    BTW just for completion's sake I have a low-confidence townread on Fable currently for reasons I can't really articulate at the moment.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I actually don't remember being at all uncomfortable. The peeps here at first (jan, rubi, jari) made easy conversation for awhile until I moved onto asking what I want. If asking people to give meta background on other players from their site was "uncomfortable", I'd be uncomfortable everywhere I went. I took Font's reaction to that to be more based on a lack of appreciation for why I was asking, rather than thinking I didn't fit in or was uncomfortable or whatever.

Will note that I use "metagathering" to gauge how well people know each other and how comfortable they are in giving reads on each other. That also helps me gauge the accuracy of said reads, but that's not relevant yet.
    So, for instance, if Jari had responded to my initial question with a placement of Font, I'd be able to compare that against posts like when Jari says "font town for verbosity".
    As it is, Jari is one of the non-responders. That's okay in a sense, and I'm not reliant on what people say other ppls meta is, but it can definitely be helpful.

As for the "lack of application", I haven't gotten around to compiling people's responses because I was hoping to come back and find more (which is what I would refer back to if I saw a weird or interesting interaction/read), but even just reading the responses initially has still helped me get a grip on the players (based on their response). That's application in a sense, but not what you're talking about

This is actually fine. I don't necessarily need you to be starting fights, I just wanted to see you come in and hunt a bit instead of just saying you'd stir things up without actually doing so
    --- Post automerged ---
    DM vods?

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Bears is active and posting but not doing anything.

Plus metastuff as mentioned.

There is a huge difference about it, and if your goal here is to be a dick on purpose then get lost. Thanks.

But if you want to be useful. Try it . Once.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    How is reading fluff villager for no reason useful?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also this might be the most hypocritical thing I've read this game.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah how is reading the lowest ahnging misslynch bait town when you have a townread on them useful?

How is reading someone town useful when you have been right on reading them the last .. 8 games? in row? (besically never been wrong after we rolled scum together).

How is clearing up the poe useful?

I don't know.

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

^ This post says a lot, I think.
    Either Beru is incredibly comfortable as scum, even in the face of scumreads, or she's a town who's actually just doing "whatever she wants" because she feels she can. I think the second one is a lot more likely, given her tonal progression. This is especially true if what she said about herself, "I used to be really obvious wolf" is true.

@Beruru mind sharing a recent scumgame? Mountainous would be optimal, but anything recent works.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Village reading someone who is typically LHF for the sake of village reading them cuz they're LHF is pointless and silly and you still need to have a good reason for doing it.

Also the "I've read so and so correctly this many times in a row"isn't mean anything to me considering that's how fonti defended her miner wolf read to me in WH8 and we all know how that turned out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *doesn't mean anything to me. meh.

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

This 100%. Please. Applies to anyone and everyone.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Except in this case Rubicon was specifically asked for input by GH on his Jari read, so that doesn't reflect badly on Rubi

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And now I understand why acio left that one game.
    You are actually a pest and not the good kind that was killing million of people int he middle ages.
    The kind of pesty investation that you call a professional to clear out and leave the house for a few days because there is no way you go near that place as long as "it" is there.

Plus do you might explain the word "hypocrytical" to me? I am pretty sure you have no idea what it means.
    --- Post automerged ---
    With that I am out before I say actually stupid things.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    How many drinks, Fonti.

12. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

It makes sense as three separate thoughts that have a slight, inherent contradiction. It makes most sense considering the phrasing you use implies your thoughts.

But there's no way to prove that one way or another now. To be fair, that's the only point I've seen against you that I agreed with, aside from the thoughts I've already shared on your, "Saying scum Fonti would have tied the Rubi explanation more to current goings on, with an angle to it, is too blunt, but think in that direction." post.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I feel like you're doing everything you can to avoid actually saying anything of substance here and are basically freaking out over nothing. And yes I think you're being hypocritical in your beru read, you're accusing her of doing nothing when you've given few reads and the ones you have given are very thin while in your other posts you basically admit in saying you're not going to do anything.

Like beru has pushed people to explain their reads on her and has given reads of her own so saying she's "done nothing" is inaccurate IMO meanwhile fluff is a villager for being "unhyped"? So wolf!fluff would be posting up a styorm right now? I find that hard to believe just because I 1. Can't see fluff donig that and 2. That would probably give him away quickly and I fell like he would probably know that.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

For some context, Jan is historically very good at reading HF.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Jfc the amount of typos in that post, this is why I shouldn't post when tired.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

This pings as it echoes a similar frustration I felt earlier. I thought it was sitemeta, but I guess not if this is coming from a native.
    Looks good on Beru
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thank you for confirming that. The "been right the last 8 times on HF" thing was good but needed external validation

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I have never actually been a player in a mountainous game.

My most recent scumgame was also my most recent forum game. Here you go.

Also, I am not... technically... native to this forum. I've just played with most of the people here. I've played with Fonti for the better part of a decade.

Sites I play on just keep getting closed, and I have to move on. When you've been playing for a long time, it's not really an anomaly for that to happen...

But yes, people from here really do know better.

I'm really mourning the VBulletin feature that lets you see how many posts people have in a thread in descending order right now, btw.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

1. I am not freaking out I am annoyed because youa re annoying. You are the king of that. Good news it is more likely a towntell, because you are pleasant to play with when you roll scum and can be the most annoying person in the world when you are town.

2. Let us look at bears post that are "pushing".

In regards to miner. not pushing anything. 95% useless ebcause it is obvious what a questionmark means.
    Again. Miner posted a question mark next to a quote of a rubicon psot that was basically naked. What question could he be asking with this?
    Sorry I don't think that is pushing on questioning anything.

First part hedging and not saying anything. Not even saying why. Just saying it for the sake of talking.

2nd part is the only thing she really has done so far this game.
    That is in regards to Jari again.

Again pushing on Jari is the only thing she really had done this game.

So yeah. Sorry fable. I don't know what youa re seeing in her posts so far, but I see very little that is actually gamesolving.

I won't go into myself because I don't care enough about that part. I can tell you that I have taken stances.

Fluff is not village for being unhyped. Jari got an early villa townlean for that.

Fluff is likely town for being upset/sad about his role, which is either because he is town or he is trying to get towncred by saying that as scum and then continues to do nothing, which gives him potential cred with exactly 1 person in the game. Me.
    Everybody else still hates him and pushes on him and writes out fantasies about fluff having a date with a noose and adopting his puppy afterwards.

But you apparently are not capable of reading .. which is sad, because a name like fable made me think that you might have seen a book in your time. But maybe you are just a fan of a pc game series that went from average to worse.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So what did you get from that read?

(I have my own guess, but maybe you will surprise me)

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Updated thoughts:

Rubi GH town (not lynching today)

Jan Beru also looking good for now. Don't like Jan's emotional response to Fable but not gonna read into it as frustration can come from either alignment)

Miner to a lesser extent looks alright in his own way. A little too much ambiguity and lack of cooperation, but I hope to see this change as we enter the last stretch of D1

Everyone else (Fable Delphine Jari HF Font) could go either way. Brief thoughts on each:

Fable I'm getting townvibes from (leaning towards T/T with Jan) but nothing has stood out as particularly difficult to do as wolf. Willing to wait on on this slot a bit

Delphine I'd like to see more of. I did like her asking about my alignment preference after responding to me. While it is an easy question, the timing looked good on her as she wouldn't have looked any worse off if she had simply responded and left it at that.

Jari tone seems alright for the most part but I do take issue with the post I outlined earlier

HF I'd like to see more of, especially considering how confident Jan is in townreading despite how little he's actually posted.

Font specifically I'm having a hard time reading due to not really seeing where she's coming from. Also Jari said she was verbose, and I'm noting a distinct lack of verbosity with Font in this game. Maybe clarification from @Jarizok would help.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh snap Jan didn't "out" to avoid saying something stupid after all kk lemme read this before I head out

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Nah, after a short period and hitting the refresh button I decided to face the thread and continue the reread thing I started earlier.

Done with page 2 now. Not a good page overall.

And I don't think I said anything stupid in my post there. Manage to be civil for the most part.