1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I hadn't read it when I wrote that. Didn't mean to imply you did.
    I can see the annoyance dripping from your comment, so at least that much is genuine.
    I guess "civil for the most part" is accurate. The book -> video game series comment was witty, if a bit hurtful.

As for the reads, that post doesn't alter much that you hadn't already said before.
    You think HF is town (cool, I'm not after his puppy but would like him to post)
    You think Beru is scum (cool. I assume this means you find nothing particularly towny in her tone or attitude?)

You said Fable is likely town because he's annoying as town and isn't as scum. How confident are you in that read?

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Was in regards to :
    Rubicon I felt his very first post felt twtbaw and I don't think he would go into thread talking about trying to misslynch people to give wolves a chance.
    Not saying that he doesn't have the balls to do it, I just don't think he would play in a way that risks him getting early pressure as scum for stupid reasons. I think he is harder to catch as scum once he has a foot in the game and feels good about it and giving reads and early pressure is something that might fuck with him.
    More a gutfeel thing.

But I disliked his "null on Jan" later (I mentioned it a few posts ago when doing the reread), because it feels like a useless thing to do just to be seen as someone that is going against the grain. There was no point to it. He wasn't asked. He didn't give a reason or anything.

His latest stuff talking about the Jari posts was null to me, I mostly glanced over it and owe it a reread (not that far just yet).

Delphine I kind of liked the entrace and basically all you have done so far. Doing a champs game entrance thing in this game, when the game was going on for a while is more likely town!delphine, plus your content feels thought through.
    Just a general lack of action (which is explained with lack of internet at home right now) and me disagreeing with the Jari read.

Fonti hasn't done anything that I really dislike. I liked most of her early readslist, some of them for different reasons.
    But she is one of the people here that is most likely to fool me and if she is scum here then she has only one partner, which makes it harder to read her.
    Plus slight lack of everything afterwards. Not no content, just nothing that made me feel really good.

And to the other thing to find examples on Jari that make him town .. I can't really do that, sorry. Will let you know if I find anything that is actually clearing, but that read involves too much feels that I cannot really put it into words.
    Will try to ping you once I have something of value.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ~90%?
    Assuming people start between 75-80% chance to roll town.
    Not lock town yet, but a townread, basically.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay first off all I did was push you for more depth in your reads and try to get you to see how they might be a bit unreasonable what I did not do which you are doing is try to insult you post after post so you tell me which one of us is actually more annoying. Like yeah I thought your reads were lazy, deal with it.

Also I was in the middle of going through what I liked about beruru's posting but I'll just reply to this and it'll serve the same function. So first off I think you arn't giving beruru enough credit for some of her posts because I found a lot more posts I liked than the ones you quoted. I liked her post about the problem with fluffy not posting much not so much about fluffy in particular but it is generally true that the more people post the more interactions their are and therefore more stuff to judge and more there is to judge the easier it is to actually find wolves IMO so on that basis I do like that post and think it's correct.

Looking at her posts directed at miner you're looking at it from the most cynical perspective possible. "?" Generally has some sort of thought behind it and I'm not saying you need to go search for the meaning of life behind it because that's silly but yes it does suggest miner has a question for rubicon or was confused about something he said. It's not exactly an amazing push but there's nothing wrong with it either.

Her fonti read again I feel like you're being unfair to beruru on purpose here. Beruru explains why they're hedging on fonti a bit later on because of the invitational game on MU which is fine, I don't think it's a slam dunk beruru is a villager thought process but there's nothing wolfy about that mindset. It's actually very similar to my mindset to beruru in this game and has the same reasoning. I also liked beruru questioning fonti's flip on them and I'm not sure how you can say beruru isn't trying to figure out fonti's alignment.

Also I feel like not a lot of people are doing things really and that's been commented on a few times now so to try and steamroll a beruru lynch for that while not considering others just doesn't make any sense to me especially when I think it's unwarranted.

Next we have fluff, my bad on being wrong on your reasons for V reading on him he's not unhyped just not very excited about his role apparently with is.....very different.....yeah.....

I don't really buy that as a reason honestly, it seems like a lot of projection honestly because I don't remember anyone bringing that up until you did so you're assuming that fluff is a villager because otherwise wolf!fluff purposefully tried to look noticeably disappointed in hopes that you would pick up on that and V read him for it and that then everyone else would sheep you on that read. That doesn't make much sense and you seem to agree with that which is why fluff is a villager who is actually disappointed in his role but the problem here is I think you're just reading too much in his opening post and I don't think it really means anything. I mean if we go into this further then we get into a debate about well could fluff actually be disappointed about randing wolf or could it be about something else entirely and that seems like a bad road to go down which is why I wouldn't read anything into it in the first place. Other than that I don't really see anything AI from fluff yet I don't think.

And then we finish off by insulting me some more because how dare I question your reads, that sure is constructive. :rolleyes:

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sidenote: From reading the first couple pages of the turbo asmo linked, he does seem to be more awkward as scum. Both started with him having difficulties with the forum. The scum entrance read like an excuse while the town entrance sounded carefree and interested in the game.

Also, the way he voted in the wolf game for a joke reason and then took it seriously was similar to the GH vote here. There was also a parallel between the way he tried to move the game out of rvs haikus is his wolf game and the "anyways, let's get back to game" here when we focusing on pretty cats.

I actually was hoping to get a townread off of asmo by doing this, but that clearly didn't happen. Would recommend anyone with too much time on their hand and an interest check out those two games.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fable, I'm sorry, but I'm probably not going to read that. Take a walk and come back to the game later, dude.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think there's a meta point to be made about bear's alignment. If you look through the mu game, you'll notice them trying to appeal to towns and using their name a lot, to a tmi extent. I don't think that happened here, and I think bears genuinely tinfoiling me.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You should? Not sure why you automatically assume I'm flaming in that post because I don't at all I just explain my read on beruru and fluff.

6. fontisian

It's not coherent in a way that is giving me anything. I tried.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jarizok fell off the activity cliff again because he's mafia.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 1.7

Beru [3] - Jan, Jari, Miner.
    Jan [2] - Fluff, Fable.
    Font [1] - Rubicon.
    Jari [1] - Delphine.

Not Voting [4] - Beru, GH, Font, Asmo.

With eleven players alive, it will take six votes to soft-lynch and nine votes to hard-lynch!

Day One ends on September 14 at 3pm PST.

8. fontisian

More punctuation would help @Fable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To be clear, Asmo was awkward in the town game, but in an amused at his own awkwardness kind of way. Also, he asked better questions. I'm sure this will all be important.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But there is punctuation.....

Like I don't think there's a single run-on sentence in that post.

I'm....very confused.....

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Her play feels like a big balloon that is about to burst and I think it is only filled with hot air.

I judge her purely on her game relevant content, because I think she can do everything else well (enough) as scum.

I am looking forward to her last 24 hours of the day, amybe she will blow me away.
    There is a difference between questioning and undermining.

Your attitude towards me at the time was hostile and the way you treated my input was too.

A good amount of people would think it might be shading or trying to prevent people from townreading each other, but I don't think either of those is normally your scum play.
    You are more "part of the town" kind of scum from what I have seen.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not the worst thought, but I don't think the activity read on him was accurate on him d1 so far?!

He is more likely to fall off on d2-3 onwards, but I haven't seen him do that d1.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It wasn't though? They were actually meant to lead you to a conclusion or explain the reads more, they were a bit sarcastic sure but certainly not hostile or they weren't suppose to be.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Might be the one thing I can agree on?!

She is very self centered here and she was very self centered in the dlp witch hunt.
    I don't remember any details about the mu game, but if your statement on the matter is true, then that might be a thing.

Too lazy to reread old games right now.

13. fontisian

That is a run on sentence.

Activity read on Jari has been valid as of D1 iirc. I remember Reg and I noting that he had fallen off late D1 on his last mafia game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Though, and overall reads list from @Beruru would be nice for determining her alignment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *an. Ew.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Maybe? I was dead n1 and he was obvious scum d2 onwards. That much I remember.

15. fontisian

This is actually much closer to his one town game than one scum game. Mm'k.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

They were not productive. You were trying to drown my voice by saying I should not have a read for the sake of having a read, which I didn't.
    I had a good reason for it that I explained 2-3 times at this point.

You can disagree with it, yes. But unless you think I am town and want to lynch fluff, there was no point in what you did and the way you did it.
    And I assume you didn't [think I am town] because you were voting for me at the time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    His Fluffiness.

Fable.

Font.
    Delphine.

Jari.
    Asmodeus.
    Beru.

General Hankerchief.
    Miner.
    Rubicon.

Groups somewhat interchangeable.

I somewhat dislike the fact that GH asked Rubicon before prompting Jari, because it basically gave Jari an out. If he hadn't done that, then the find itself would have been town-ish.
    (For the record, Jaris 2nd statement on fonti should have had the word "is" instead of "would" and it would have been perfectly fine from the start, I think.)

Unvote

Unwilling to lynch in the top 4.
    Rest is just different kind of questionmarks.

@Asmodeus - care to explain your read on GH?

17. fontisian

Jan.

My gut says GH and Jari are scum together. Tell me why it's wrong.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

GH asked me about Jari right after I agreed with Delphine's post about GH being scummy, the thoughts are probably connected.

19. fontisian

Is there a way to check total post count for each player? I feel like I can add activity clear to my reasons miner is likely town, but I can't actually check.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

At the bottom of ISO search results.