1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Do you want to Lynch beru?

2. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Looks like it's nothing.

For full disclosure what pinged me was Jari's usage of language in his big case against Jan, it felt like he was playing up to an audience more than trying to actually built a legitimate case, but going back through some old games it appears NAI for him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's see here.

GH

Beru
    Asmo

Jan

Fable
    Miner
    Fonti

---town line---

Jari
    Fluff
    Delphine
    Rubicon

Talked about Beru and Asmo, Jan to a lesser extent (I believe his AtE).

w/r/t Fable my dumb little townread of him holds.
    Just iso'd Miner and I'm getting the whole "just doing his own thing vibe" more than anything else right now.
    I don't particularly have a read on Fonti yet but she's also producing enough content where I don't want to lynch her today.

I don't have an active scumread on any of the bottom four really. Fluff is pure negative space. I've tried to trap Jari on two separate occasions now, neither has stuck, but I'm still not comfortable with his posts. Delphine and Rubicon I haven't really thought about much, need to give them a closer look. Also, if you guys are around, let's chat!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, sorry.

The explanations are sort of part of it? My meta's generally been gearing away from doing it lately but I feel like I'm more inclined to lead into what I'm getting at as town and just fire off the conclusion right away as scum.

I'll assume you want links and I'll start looking for an example in the background but I'd rather stay live with this thread and comment on other things in the meantime.

I can see what you mean by this and I've definitely done it as scum before, but I feel like Beru not really elaborating on this point at all is a good look for her. Feel like mafia are more inclined to rework their "we need to mislynch group 1, kill group 2, and pocket group 3" inner thoughts into something that can be presented in public in order to pick up Good Thought Points. Beru didn't do that, she just kind of left it hanging.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I had the same thought when I read Jan saying it came from WWE despite saying it came from role PMs earlier. I've been trying to not talk about that spew (because I believed it cleared Jan) to avoid potential modkills or any angleshooting that stems from a lack thereof. Now that there are points in both directions, however, I think we're safe.

Difference is, I think both things can be true, provided Jan actually thought Vira would use individual PMs. So basically, if "I thought everyone gets their own personal pm with personal fluff (Vira is good with those things)" is true, I think it's entirely possible that Jan uses WWE line to reference his "personal PM" as town. Point is, is Vira actually "good with those things"? Is there a game where Vira has sent out individualized flavor for the same role? @Jan
    Btw, when that question gets answered, I will be dropping this line of questioning (hopefully forever).

4. GeneralHankerchief

Hm, Delphine only has 5 posts.

They're relatively decent in content (even though she's wrong about me) and she mentioned something about having limited wifi, so I can't really hold that against her.

Not really enough reads yet for me to be able to point out progressions or lack thereof.

She also asked me this question:

As of writing, not yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Asmo, you around?

I'm here for about another hour.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

GH used splash.

Nothing happened. (yet)

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I'm here more or less. Multitasking making dinner with reading the invitational Beru linked. Thought it'd be an efficient way to get background meta on Rubi, Font, Jan, and Beru (yes, they're all in it!), but now I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile. I'm only 3 pages into a multi-ISO of the four of them, though, so we'll see if it gets better.
    Also useful because font and beru are scum there.

So far I don't see any major differences in play. Fonti seems a bit different (less serious there) but that's a good thing since he was scum there, and Jan posted a hell of a lot of GIFs (not sure its possible to do that here so not sure it's relevant), but nothing solid so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mind answering my question about Vira history of individualized PMs for the same role?
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's up @GeneralHankerchief

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't know.

She writes quite a lot. We modded the Pokemon-Witchhunt game and she wrote a good amount of the flavor and all that.
    We had fun thinking of names for people together and she was really into that. (which was mostly pregame, but I know she is into creative work like that to spread the fun).

I thought the rolename "town happy camper" felt more like a random name for one of the town roles that she came up with, than a generic town role name everybody gets.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm gonna link my giant post of all the games on sites still accessible that I was in that I made in WH9. One sec.

(Though I did take a two year break, not sure how useful it is, still...)

9. GeneralHankerchief

Hey Asmo and Jan (and Beru, post just popped up).

Can you each give me your preferred lynch for the day and why?

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If Jari doesn't get lynched now, he'll get lynched later when we can't afford it if he's town.

The problem is... This also applies to Fluff? And Delphine if town will end up probably being set up as a mislynch due to lack of time to defend herself and lack of volume.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Playing allstars right now. Not really doing a lot just floating.

12. GeneralHankerchief

Hm, you picked three of the four people below my town line, excluding Rubicon.

Who I haven't really looked at yet.

I don't think this is an intentional pocket on your part given my current "eh, probably in POE" status in the game so yay for mindmelds!

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Ehhh that's actually a tough one.
    This might be bad play, but I've been lean towards lynching between Delphine and HF.
    Two weeks is a long time to wait for Delphine to start posting, unless she starts getting a lot more McDonalds.
    HF has had literally nothing that lets me see him as town (especially since he's had enough defense to think he won't get lynched for slanking if he's wolf) aside from what Jan says about apparently not liking his role (if he's town) and slight tone points.

Out of active posters, I'm most suspicious of Fonti, but her recent posts were more relatable than previous ones IIRC so I'm wavering.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I know this is going to sound terrible but I have my list of asmo, rubicon, delphine, beruru, fonti, jan as people I don't think should be lynched today but past that I don't actually care who gets lynched of who's left in the remainder because I don't have a strong wolf read on anyone.

15. GeneralHankerchief

I think I would go with Fluff over Delphine at this time, when Delphine has posted she's shown decent stuff.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

This is actually fine. I'm operating on PoE as well rn
    What about Delphine has you so sure she's town that you'd be willing to let her slank for two weeks?

17. GeneralHankerchief

I'm pretty much in the same place minus Rubicon, and this is pending a look (which won't happen tonight).

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I agree with this. She has tried to respond to everything and I can see a good mindset when she does post. Problem is I'm not sure that anything she's posted is outside of a typical wolfrange, and she could just keep it up for the full two weeks.

19. GeneralHankerchief

I get that, but I'm not really for giving Delphine anything beyond a conditional D1 pass. We'll get a flip in, we'll see who dies in the night, and since Delphine has actually talked about stuff we can re-evaluate from there.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean she's tried to get as much as she can out when she can and it looks good to me. Like wolf!delphine barely does anything if she doesn't have to IME.

Certainly not lynching her over fluff when the summation of what he's done today is "unvote, I'm here! Okay now I'm not kbye."