1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

The RNG is cruel in this game. Literally just ascended Martha to Stage 3 with the intention of using her as my rider. Saw I had 3 quartz, decided why not. And out pops Francis Drake...

On a serious note, is there a general consensus on which is preferable to use?

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Level them both. The dream is to have 2 to 3 really good units for every class that pair well together.

Martha is probably the most versatile of the 4 star riders and pairs well with literally any unit, as she has super high hp, 3 art cards for easy NP chaining, a debuff aoe buster NP, and aoe debuff clear.

Martha/Drake teams will make clearing caster zones stupidly easy.

3. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

5 more tickets and another 10 roll, still no Drake... Not even an Anne and Mary.

But hey I got another Alterra, so now I have an NP 4 character that I hate.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    L
    Is this JP server? If not, I do not even want to ponder how much money you've spent to get 4 Alteras. Because holy shit broh.

5. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I managed to roll Merlin in JP. Probably the most excited I've been since I started playing. I can't wait to grail that beautiful bastard, I swear.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

CHEEEEEEESEMASTER, I'm call you Ilyrio Mopatis now. Damn you and Pretty Boy lovers. I want Semiramis and I want her nao, as a Quick supporters.

Also, Drake is Godly for door farming. Martha has her niche which is debuff cleanser/buff. She's good for farming enough, thanks to 3 Arts and great NP gain, buuut takes some time.

Meanwhile, so jealous of everyone accidentally getting Drake, needed 300qtz and 30 tickets to get her.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well I got the first from the shitload of quartz right at the start. Pretty sure the second was from buying quartz my second week playing? I know the third was from a random 3 quartz roll trying to get Artemis right at the end of that event. The fourth was absolutely from an annoyed purchase of 36 quartz today after having no luck with the tickets and quartz I'd saved up.

So a combo of luck and money?

Wow. I feel better now.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  8. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Didn't whale though. Just saved up for the last two months

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't really understand the business model of FGO. Isn't the price for quartz too expensive? You have to drop around 75€ for for 140 quartz. 75€ for four gamble rolls. I mean, I could imagine dropping maybe 10 bucks for the same but 75€? Never, that's impossible to tempt most people, I'd say. Especially since it doesn't even guarantee anything. Ten bucks doesn't even get you one roll.

On unrelated news, find myself needing dragon teeth to ascend Saber Lily and Medea and Island of Wyverns in Okeanos seems to have a decent drop rate, in case anyone else needs some atm.

10. Pure Infinity

Gacha games like this don't rely on the average player spending money, but on the small percentage of players who will spend a shit ton on the game. It has been a huge financial success in Japan (raking in something like 2 million dollars a day). That said, the JP version had an increase on the amount of bonus quartz you get when you spend money. That'll hopefully come our way sometime down the road.

11. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

It probably will. Thing is, they are waiting Aniplex lawyers word in whether they could be sued by past clients who bought the quartz at a higher price per quartz. The localization team mentioned that in the latest event.

12. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So I don't actually play much. Highest level character is Waver at 60, mostly just been logging in to get log in bonus etc cause busy with work...

I had 53 quartz, 3 summon tickets, and enough mana prisms to get 4 more summon tickets. so I did a 10 roll, and used all my summon tickets in an attempt to get Medea Lily.

Before I started, I had (Notable Servants) Waver(NP2), Lancelot, Heracles, Elizabeth, Carmilla, Stheno, and Jeanne.
    And (Craft essence) Heaven's Feel, Kaleidoscope (x2), Formal Craft, The Black Grail, Prisma Cosmos, and Nightless Rose (x2)

I really just hoped to get lucky and get Medea Lily... I ended up getting Vlad, Orion, and a 3rd Kaleidoscope, but no Medea Lily.

I haven't spent a single dollar on this game, but considering the lucky rolls I'm having, I'm thinking I should play it more.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  13. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Or if you're not really playing you can sell the account in Reddit. That much should get you 120 dollars.

14. Pure Infinity

I just played Ushiwakamaru's interlude. She is cute, and I now like her more than my two SR Riders.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just started playing this game. Threw in $100 once I got my feet wet and realised I enjoyed it enough to stick with it.

I got Saber and Drake, and am grinding the fuck out of them abusing Jon's Gilgamesh.

I'm not finding Drake too great tbh. Maybe her potential is locked behind that third ability which looks OP, but she's consistently my weakest performer. I wish she had more of the green cards instead of busters (I'm new, still don't have all the terms yet mofokas).

I should add they're both currently lvl 60 while I try and farm the red bones and the dragon fangs to ascend them.

16. Pure Infinity

She'll start doing better once you get her to a higher level. She has a Reverse S growth curve, so she gains most of her stats during the early and final levels, and has lesser gains during the middle levels. Of note, Saber has a linear growth curve, meaning she gains the same amount of stats every time she levels - so she'll be performing better than Drake until the later levels.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I would mostly agree with that. I've got a whale friend who's already got Drake at 90, and as a 2B-2A-1Q / Reverse S / buster aoe NP character, I equate her usefulness and strength levels to that of a weaker Rider version of Gil. She trades off Gil's higher stats and raw NP strength for a better team buff and better self NP gen (for the moment at least).

I think your main failing is that you're running a triple 2B-2A-1Q buster NP team, which is a very middle of the road strategy, and thus none of your chars are going to stand out. Drake's quad hits, like Gil's, generate enough stars that you don't really ever need to Quick chain. Thus, Drake really shines when you pair her with another 2B-2A-1Q buster servant (e.g. Saber and Gil) along with a 1B-3A-1Q buster servant (e.g. Emiya and Martha), for a good balance of NP generation and buster crits.

Like Gil, she's also pretty great for just mowing everything down with busters when you pair her with two triple buster zerkers (e.g. Herc and Kintoki).

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bewbs make her better than Gil obviously.

On a less serious note, I'm new and am using whoever I can level highest atm. Herc, Drake and Saber are my strongest, but I've also got Lancer, Caster, catgirl, sig, medea lily and Mash levelled too. Not thinking too much about synergy yet.

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Taking advantage of the 1/2 AP EXP event to stop slacking and grind up some of my guys. Feeling totally emasculated by Jon's grailed Gil lately.

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Wish we could get some extra space, got save up XP cards. With Halloween and Guda Guda (which is hopefully coming mid November), I should be able to max ascend almost all of my main servants.