1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Anyone else getting that error message when they try and click on Hash's alternatehistory link?

2. Longsword

Longsword Banned

Logged in to your account ?

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fan Works is member only, so you have to log in with your account.

4. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Summer Crowns' first arc has finished, and if you don't have an AH account it's entirely worth getting one.

5. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

What the fuck is Summer Crowns and why in the name of Jesus' swollen blue balls didn't you post a link? If it's been linked before, fine, but if not...

Post the goddamn link.

6. Lacoon

Lacoon First Year

7. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

One Sentence Summary: Rhaeger escaped to Essos instead of fighting at the Trident, and Robert and Ned go dragon hunting instead of staying in Westeross to pick up the pieces after the war.

8. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

Summer Crowns is real good. Ned comes off as a little OOC but it doesn't detract from the story. Hope it continues to update at the pace it has been.

9. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Wait. Is that the piece of shit that is basically ruined by the author being unable to get Ned out of Westeros without turning Brandon into an unreasonable cunt?

Yes it is. I'll repost what I said then:
    The entire premise is based in this interaction and the author couldn't do it any better than the dingleberry they pulled away from their ass.

10. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:

While I'd agree that the interaction wasn't the best, it's simply untrue to say the entire premise is based on that interaction. The premise is that Rhaegar flees to Essos and Robert abdicates to give chase. Ned follows, which is made simpler with Brandon's banishment of him, but is not solely for that. He also wants justice for his sister, it's pretty much the one thing tying him to Robert at the start.

11. bonnerr2

bonnerr2 Second Year

I found myself blitzing through a decent time-waster revolving around Robb and Jon going to King's Landing instead of Ned and the girls. After Eddard finds the stones to tell King Robert no to the Hand appointment, Robert suggests (read: demands) that his heir spends two years in the south in order to save face. It's a flimsy premise, and it foreshadows a pretty lazy plot that follows canon contrivances (besides a S7 JonXDany esque speed romance between Robb and Margaery).

However, it made me realize that I've been looking for the Robb/Jon buddy/road trip/war heroes fic unconsciously for quite some time now. Do you guys have any rec's? My tolerance for writing quality is relatively low IF the plot is reasonably coherent.

P.S. The story I'm referring to is The Reach of Wolves. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11115528/1/

12. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    I couldn't stand that story. The way the Robb/Margaery scene at Highgarden played out did my head in. All the authorial contrivances just to push a ship. I noped out pretty hard. The worst part was that I was excited to read it based on the novel premise. Just goes to show you execution is everything.

I'm in the same boat though, been wanting a Robb and Jon story. In my head it's ideally a Jon goes south. But I've exhausted all my recc's.

13. Dagro

Dagro DA Member

Is that the one where the Tyrell kids betray their father? They do that so Rob/Marg can be shipped. :p It's hard to see any plot in that fic, that is not there to make that pairing happen.

14. bonnerr2

bonnerr2 Second Year

Yeah, 'decent' was probably overselling it. Maybe just readable is a more apt description.

15. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Oh one of the good old Margery-wank fics. It's weird that so few of them were smut.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are there any fics out there where someone goes balls to the walls against the slave trade?

17. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

Summer Crowns is heading in that direction.

18. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Sell Summer Crowns to me? I don't think I got past the Ned and Brandon interaction.

19. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

It's generic AH "no conflict, little characterization, just running with events" schlock

20. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Sounds riveting.