1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Mei cinematic was fantastic, I would die for Snowball! That said, the Junkrat and Roadhog short was rather fun as well, reminiscent of older cartoons.

Honestly, not sure on the new changes yet. Think the rockets are good for busting shields or for when you anticipate someone coming around a corner but not much for moving targets, at least for someone with my aiming skills or the lack there-off. The shooting while rocketboosting is fun and while the defense matrix duration feels too short now, think it needed to happen. Overall, do like them.

Mercy I am less certain about. I could only play her once so far and I admit, it is a lot more fun for when you're using the ulti. The feeling of outright flying is fantastic and it's fun to use, to gain distance and be able to heal and boost your team. On the other hand, I did like the team rez, it was incredibly satisfying to be able to pull that off, not that one did it that much anyway, since it was often smarter to rezz one or two people.

And the concern that teammates will bitch a lot for not being rezzed all the time or why did you rezz X instead of me/y might crop up and not sure how well flying is going to work out when people are used to it and will focus fire the flying Mercy.

But yeah, tentatively optimistic so far. As far as i understand, they'll reduce the damage of the blaster or take away the unlimited ammo or something, right?

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The healing change as roadhog is nice, but the thing I am most excited about is the reduction on D.Va shield. What a pain that has been.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If I'd won 5/10 instead of 4/10 I'd be Master for this season. -grumble-

[​IMG]

4. Nemrut

High Score:
    This game can be so incredibly frustrating. It seems pretty much impossible for me to climb out of Silver. Whenever I win a few games, I will immediately lose a few and I can't really change anything about that, no matter what I do. Whenever I reach Gold, I know the next placement games will put me back in Silver.

I don't think I am a Silver level player, which is by all accounts a bad player, being the second lowest rank and all. Maybe I am, and it just feels that way but really feel like after playing it constantly since launch, that I should be higher than that.

It doesn't help that quite a few of those losses often are due to shit teammembers who leave, make shit picks or start to incoherently yell at people the second things don't go perfect.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got a friend in the same situation as you. They're not a bad player, but they're not good enough to haul themselves out of the trench either - and that's what < Gold rank is, a trench of shitty players and cancer.

Ideally you'll get two friends of a similar skill level to yourself, and between the three of you power to 2250 or thereabouts. From there you should be able to play solo without worrying as much about cancer causing you to drop 400 points in one day.

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    New patch is live with reworked D.Va and Mercy and the new map of Junkertown.

As someone with over 130 hours of Mercy, not sure what to think of the change yet. On one hand, the 30 s rez and the new ult are fun enough, especially the new Guardian Angel, on the other hand, I loved Mercy's old ult and would also like it back, so dunno yet where I fall.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a support main, the Mercy ult was always stupid. I always hated how it encouraged hiding to get super ults.

8. TSN

TSN Auror

I'm in the same situation as you @Nemrut I played (4th season afaik) season I started 1900 ended the season at 1300. The 2cd season I did, after the ranking I was at 1250.. because even if you go 9/10 they will stick you lower than you ended the previous season.

I stopped playing when I reached lower than 800.. I was really mad. Went back to piloting bomber in battlefield. XD

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The big issue is a lack of communication and teamwork, although that holds true at multiple levels.

I majorly screwed up my placement matches, and was hovering around 1100 (I think). But I had a great game with a German and a Finn. WE grouped, and pulled another three people in the next game - we all had mics, and everyone was relatively laid back. We all climbed around 500 SR.

At that point I had to stop, I had work the next day, but my W/L ratio at that level was roughly the same as 500SR lower.

So if you want to level, get a group (at least 4), with at least one tank and healer.

10. TSN

TSN Auror

I havent done my placement yet. So if anyone want a healer, tank or Mei (I play mostly Mercy/Mei/Zarya). Hit me up NA,

I think my bliz Id is TSNLollipops#1489, but I'm not sure. Although I know it must have been saved somewhere in the masterlist gamertag thread.

11. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

The free weekend was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
    Last time they did this, by the time I finally finished downloading the game, it had started lightly raining outside, and that was all it took for my internet to take a dump on me. Even the tutorial was unplayable (though why you have to be connected for that is still beyond me).

This time my crappy internet connection was barely an issue. Curiously, the only time it played up on me was when I tried playing against actual humans. When I played training matches against the bots, even though there were real humans on my team, I never experienced any lag. With the opposing team being humans too, though, I sometimes started twitching from side to side, making aiming with precision rather difficult (interestingly, lag in CoD seems to cause forward and back rubber-banding, so the side to side stuff was novel, at least).

I was getting my ass handed to me most of the time anyway, though, and it's not like the weekend was going to last long enough for me to "git gud," so I decided not to fight any encroaching lag issues and just go back to training matches with humans versus bots. Sadly, this means most of my highlights were against packs of hapless bots...

Against humans... well, Bastion highlights are a dime a dozen, but I do have a fun one where I kill a D.VA player's mech and follow it up with shutting down a rip-tire attack before it can do any damage.

It was pretty good fun, and if they had offline bot matches (which could be done with zero effort on Blizzard's part), it would practically be a no-brainer purchase, for me. We're not all on Google Fiber. :mad:

Blizzard did a fine job making at least one character in each category fun and interesting, so it's not too burdensome giving up your preferred character in order to fill a necessary slot on the team... which I did... a lot.

I played for about 11 hours. I managed to hit level 21. A good time was had.
    Orisa ended up in my top 4 most played characters, which came as a surprise to me. I think I played Bastion the most, solely because I tended to go with him by default when the team neglected to fill the defensive slot... which they did... a lot.

As an aside: How can I be a complete noob and still sometimes be the only one on my team who knows that if you aren't moving the payload, you aren't doing your job?

It may be a good thing that I don't have the damned game, because it's been three days now and, still, every time I see something about it, I really get the urge to play it.
    AND I WANT THOSE FUCKIN' SKINS! I FUCKIN' NEED 'EM!

12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Double post, fight the power!

I regret not buying the damned game during the free weekend, because it's $20 more, now... and I normally wouldn't mind waiting, but I imagine that by the time it's on sale again, I'll have missed the opportunity to get the Halloween skins.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Hah! One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

14. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I've been waiting a whole year to get the Ana candy emote because I didn't worry about it last time.

15. Nemrut

High Score:
    I feel this, I waited a year for the first olympic skin of Mercy because I didn't get it. When the summer games even came again, buying that was the first thing I did.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not too fussed with missing Mercy skins. Witch Mercy is still the best skin in the game, any other skins I get for her are just for completionist sake, lol.

BTW, reason number 5,095,048 why I love this game: Been fucking around with the new D.Va and was thinking that boost was a bit clunky, and that I'd like it if it was more like Soldier's Sprint.

Google it, already requested on forums, replied to by Geoff Goodman saying they would implement it. :D

TSN
  17. TSN

TSN Auror

Ohhh! Nice!!

Though I find myself better at killing while in baby d.va than me la d.va. it will make thing more fun. A great buff to her if they do so. Will allow one to stick close to target.

18. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    D.va doesn't need a fookin buff.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    It's not a buff, I worded it poorly.

It's not changing to 76's sprint but flying with a CD, it's more a QoL change. Like with how you can bind Lucio's Crossfade to always be healing, unless you're holding down shift (then it's speed). Think of it like that. You hold down shift to fly with D.va, then when you let go it cancels and it goes on CD.

It basically removes the clunkiness of having to press shift twice.

20. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Ah, I thought you meant to make it like Bastion's heal, a finite but recharging resource to be used at will.