1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Empire building fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Fudoutoku, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Fourth Year DLP Supporter

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I feel like this is a pretty small niche and was wondering if there were more stories filling it.

With that said, I'm looking for "Civilization" stories featuring Harry.
    That may not be what it's known as but the general premise is "Harry builds his own city/country/empire/company/faction from scratch and a shitload of help"

I'll give a few examples of what I mean and hopefully you wonderful lads have ran across similar stories.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8501689/1/The-Havoc-side-of-the-Force
    Is actually one such story, probably the most popular one both on DLP and in general.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11132113/1/The-Difference-One-Man-Can-Make
    Probably THE best example I can give since it's almost entirely based on it. Also it's really good IMO.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12040341/1/The-Stars-Alone
    Also a good example but it's a bit too zoomed out sometimes.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11669575/1/For-Love-of-Magic
    Last 2-3 chapters, also pretty wanky, it's a hate it or love type story for sure.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/A-Third-Path-to-the-Future
    1.5m words of Harry making his own team/company/faction/space faring fiefdom in the Marvel Universe.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7591040/1/The-Queen-who-fell-to-Earth
    That the first fic of like a trilogy or something that is basically what I'm looking for but within the HP world.

Anyway, except for For Love of Magic and The Havoc Side of the Force who eventually turn into "faction building" but start as adventure stories, all of the above have the central premise of Harry building up a town, or city, or company, whether for survival or what have you from the beginning.

There's maybe 10 more that I know of but that's about it, 3-4 in ASoIaF, 2 in the Warcraft universe and some other scattered across a few different crossovers.

Maybe there's more(I hope) I'll take any quality.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There is no delete button. Your shame shall be etched into the memoirs of DLP's vast and unforgiving recollection from now until the end of time itself.

(ps use that report button to report your own thread, a kindly mod like Palindrome might take mercy upon you).

3. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Fourth Year DLP Supporter

It's ok, Jon is the best and he made it all better.

Now give me stories.

4. invinoveri

invinoveri Third Year

5. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On An Island In The Sun By: Rorschach's Blot
    You don't like the way this country operates? You think its bureaucrats corrupt, its politicians moronic, its people apathetic sheep? Fine! Go make your own!
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Humor - Chapters: 2 - Words: 32,584 - Reviews: 379 - Favs: 2,763 - Follows: 929 - Updated: May 29, 2013 - Published: May 10, 2013 - Status: Complete - id: 9279255

6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Try esama's stories. Island of fire is pretty much spot on what your looking for, but is written in a wierd journal/letter style. The Stargate xover's are also pretty much spot on what you are searching for.

Also Harry's Island Home is sort of that, but focuses more on what wizards can achieve when working together.

7. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

I loved Island of Fire. I wish there was more stories about Harry ruling and being good at it.

I had an plot bunny where Wizarding world was actually like Creation from the Exalted in which Wizards took the place of its rulers. Harry is brought to a satrapy which his family owns, but I never have time to develop it.

8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Esama's stories do focus a lot on worldbuilding, and civilization. I think one of her old work Firebird (or Guardian), can't remember the title, is about Harry making Atlantis (SGA) into a new civilization. Island of Fire is also a great one and an interesting writing exercise as it's presented in letters format. There is also one more associated with Star Trek called something Enterprise where the room of requirement creates a portal between Hogwarts and a spaceship. All of Esama's work can either be find on Archive of Our Own or in some archive we have here on the forum; Minion posted a link of it in one of her story thread I believe.

9. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]

[REDACTED] [REDACTED] Muggle

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I don't believe that 'The Stars Alone' deserves to be even put into For Review, but it's finally done.

I swear Marrs has consistently gotten worse as he's gone from story to story.

11. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

It's quite amazing really. He's just churning out chapters as fast as he can for his fanbase at this point.

12. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I'm pretty sure he complete's stories before he starts posting them. Hence the update rate.

13. Alistair

Alistair Seventh Year

I appreciate it's not to everyone's taste, but Rise of the Wizards by Teufel1987 might be worth a try?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6254783/1/Rise-of-the-Wizards

I have a bit of a soft spot for it as it's pretty much the first fanfic I ever read, but I wouldn't say it's bad. Besides, someone suggested Darth Marrs so what can I say? Chapters 31 onward are relevant to this brief.

A.

14. LoganTheLoneWolf

LoganTheLoneWolf Squib

Here are some of my favorites.

The Road to Hell
    The Road to Hell Chapter 1, a Harry Potter + Game of Thrones Crossover fanfic | FanFiction
    By: seagate
    War is hell and the aftermath is even more so, Harry and allies have just come through a recent war and have to now deal with the consequences. In attempting to deal with the consequences Harry finds himself in a world of ice and fire, and now he has a whole new set of problems to face.

Adas Reborn
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11349715/1/Adas-Reborn
    By: Shahismael
    Based on The Galactic War challenge by Belgrath on DZ2's forums. During the Battle at the Department of Mysteries, Harry Potter is sent to the Star Wars universe. Arriving two years before Attack of the Clones, this is Harry's story as he grows through the Clone Wars and his return home. An eventual H/Hr, it will develop after Harry's return. Not sure which genres to call this one.

The Rise of House Black
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12843530/1/The-Rise-of-House-Black
    By: Darth Wartriarr
    With his world destroyed, a changed Harry enters through the Veil and is offered a chance in a new world, a new dimension. He accepts and now the World will see what a Harry that has no qualms against killing, no hesitation, and no remorse can do. He only has one ambition, make House Black great once more. Powerful/Smart/OOC HarryxHarem.

A New World to Conquer
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11973480/1/A-New-World-to-Conquer
    By: LordOfTheGrey
    Reborn after my embarrassing fall at Godric's Hollow as the Potter brat was an interesting experience. Getting sorted into Hufflepuff, even more so. But reborn as the Lord of Winterfell in Westeros as my playground? Now that was new, even to a retired Dark Lord.

15. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Usually when we post an almost recommendable fic we warn people. All four of these are horribly cliche in just the initial paragraphs, with everything from 9 year old Voldemort possessed Harry going to University, to Harry stealing Time Turners as they try to rescue Sirius well noticing Hermione blush, to Harry being the Founders heir with inconsistent logic, to an explanation of how hard it was to enchant dragonhide boots, well walking down a crunchy tarmac road.

It's barely readable in just the first chapters as a heads up to anyone.

16. LoganTheLoneWolf

LoganTheLoneWolf Squib

I don't agree with you but I would appreciate it if you posted any good stories relevant to the thread.

17. LoganTheLoneWolf

LoganTheLoneWolf Squib

Harry Potter and The Chance at a New Life
    Harry Potter and The Chance at a New Life Chapter 8, a Stargate: SG-1 + Harry Potter Crossover fanfic | FanFiction
    By: kossboss
    A small change in Harry's battle with the Basilisk had him slowly absorbing Voldemort's memories from the Horcrux in his scar. Follow Harry as he makes preparations to leave the Wizarding world behind for good and embark on a long and exciting journey into the unknown. Little does Harry expect to be launched into world of false gods and spaceships. Smart/Powerful/Grey Harry.

18. Argosh

Argosh Groundskeeper

"A Discordant Note" by Noodlehammer, a sequel to "For Love of Magic".
    Harry in Game of Thrones, 50 years before season 1.

19. Microwave

Microwave Professor

Anything by this author has no substance outside of the inflammatory author's notes.

20. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

For Love of Magic is his only story that's incredibly preachy. In A Discordant Note, Harry doesn't give enough of a fuck to rant and bitch for thousands of words on end. Harry's anti-religious views are more interesting too, since ASOIAF has divine powers that have tangible effects on the world.

And it definitely is a world building fanfic, no matter how annoying you may find the author.