1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

The Office - A Mafia Game

You shuffle into work slowly, dreading another day of trying to sell paper, and tolerating Michael's antics.

Speaking of which, Michael is laying face down on the floor, not moving.

Clearly he is up to his usual shenanigans.

I mean, all that blood has to be fake.

And the bullet holes.

...right?

Go kill each other for my entertainment as you figure out who killed your beloved boss. Well, your boss, at any rate.

Rules:

1. This is a closed setup, where player alignment and role will be revealed upon death. There is not a list of roles that may or may not be included. This will be a low to medium complexity game.

2. You may trust all information the moderator gives you. There will be zero bastard modding or false information.

3. All days will last 72 hours.. All nights are 24 hours.

4. Do not lie about real-life commitments. Similarly, do not question the validity of other players’ real-life commitments. If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, inform the game host and I will do my best to replace you.

5. Mafia is a game about making arguments, but it is not a roleplaying game. Don’t go overboard. Lies are part of the game. Attacking someone’s credibility is part of the game. Do not overdo it. Everyone signed up to have fun, so keep the game fun. Reminder: This is only a subsection of the forum, and the forum's posting rules (particularly Rule 1 concerning proper English and legibility) apply. If you want people to put the effort into reading your posts, put the effort into making them readable.

6. Mafia is a game of analysis - removing a player’s ability to analyze things is against the spirit of the game. Keep references that only a handful of players would understand to a minimum. Encoded messages, hidden text, and other such methods are a no-no. Everything you have to say or not say should be clearly readable in your post by anyone.

7. Respect your fellow players, and their time. Don't be a jerk. Do not threaten to or actually get intentionally modkilled. Do not directly insult your fellow players - attack their play, but not them as a person. Mafia is a social game, and you are playing with real people, not just names on a screen. Respect other players' right to a good game. Give the game your best effort, no matter which team you're on. Mafia games require a time investment, and if you sign up, you're committing to spending that time and doing your part to contribute to a good game.

8. Do not use the Thanks button. Do not edit your posts. Do not edit any QuickTopics you may be posting in. Do not quote information directly from your QuickTopic or your PM. Only living players may post in the game thread. Do not post in the game thread during the Night phase. Do not use the Thanks button.

9. You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so. This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game-related. Any game-related questions should be asked in your personal QuickTopic. Do not talk about your QuickTopic or conversations with the moderator in the thread.

10. Do not use out-of-game information (such as Discord, other forum activity, other mafia activity, or real-life activity) to generate reads. Do not use out-of-game information to exert pressure or influence on this game. Do not mention out of game information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

11. Votes must be BRIGHTLY COLORED, bolded, and on a separate line. Any votes not following this format will not be counted. You will be rewarded with frequent and (probably) accurate vote counts.

12. This game uses a Hard Lynch / Soft Lynch system. Soft Lynch is a majority lynch. Hard Lynch is approximately 75% of the living votes. A Soft Lynch is sufficient to lynch a player at deadline. A Hard Lynch immediately ends the day. If Soft Lynch is not reached before deadline, there is No Lynch. If the votes are tied at deadline, there is No Lynch. When a Hard Lynch is reached, or the deadline occurs, whichever comes first, stop posting.

13. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. You should probably avoid doing that. Attempting to decide if a player is town or mafia based on a flavor claim also has the potential to end badly. You’ve been warned.

14. Do not fake Daytime activations. There may or may not be daytime abilities, but faking them will get you a Stern Warning or possibly modkilled.

15. If you believe a player is violating one of these rules by letter, or in spirit, contact me in your QuickTopic. Do NOT address the potential violation in the thread, proceed on normally. I will handle it.

16. Moderator decisions are final.

17. Good luck, and have fun! This is not optional.

18. I hate that I feel this is necessary, but given the flavor for the game - do try to keep The Office gifs to a dull roar, to avoid making mobile players' lives miserable, yeah?

Livelist:
    Cuthalion
    Dyachei
    Fable
    Fontisian
    GeneralHankerchief
    Jarizok
    Koalas
    Miner
    Newcomb
    Prophylaxis
    ScottPress
    Secondhand Revenant
    Sooh
    Stanari
    Swedish Skumbag
    Tom
    Tsaiah
    Vaimes
    Vira
    Weiyaoli
    Yeavoxxtalknah
    Zack

With 23 alive, it is 12 to soft lynch, and 18 to hard lynch.

Day End Timer

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

First!

Preemptive

Vote: tom

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Townie vote.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Damn, I was almost first.

Vote tom

Sheeping Miner? Or expressing salty feelings @ tom? Who knows.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Miner can I just relentlessly pocket you or should I not bother?

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This isn't anime! D:<

Vote:Dyachei

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hello, delicious friends!

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Hype!

Vote Sooh

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Thanks emojis. =/

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote: Miner.

Why are you over there? ;_;

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Scummy vote.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Found scum.

Please lynch D2.

tia

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

We forget everything that happened the last two times we played.

Okay?!!?!??!

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I hate you.

I also hate this "must wait thirty seconds between posts" limit.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

We can't all be top poster Vaimes.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote Proph

Other people can carry on with RVS.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

:O

I'm over here because I like pizza and I'm enjoying my pizza in peace thank you very much.

18. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Hello, friends. Let us mafia.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

How did it feel being nice and deep in my pocket, last game? : P

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Is it possible to not use yellow for votes? Please? My poor old eyes send their thanks.