1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I tried a 90 Herc with two Salters. I was lucky that I had Cu as backup because my event servants are pretty useless.

Maybe I rolled shitty cards but I think I'll stay in the 40AP one - better not to lleave it to chance.

2. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Agreed. It's just not good when your card pool doesn't line up correctly and lacks straightforward NP chains, on the one hand, and alternately buster chains that can actually take enemies out before they NP-charge you. I was on my... sixth? 50AP when my Herc exhausted his survival buffs in round 1, my Salters fell way behind on NP (still barely taking out Gil/Waver but needing David's Harp to charge up) and my team just didn't die correctly so that Marie could tank Scathath proper.

Yeah, I kind of depend on David/Robin dying quickly once the Salters go so that my card pool can focus on Marie.

The earlier battles were fine, when I'm good I finish by turn 16. But when it draws out this long it can take up to a half-hour with resets and all. And I still lost, barely. If I'm losing every 1/6 of the 50s, it's just not worth it.

Edit: On my next try, and actually working to make sure I get buster or NP line-ups (so taking care of those pesky crit chains). I've had to soft-reset several times already (got some unlucky series of Altera crits). Salters ended up 95% charged on round 3 and just about getting taken out - resetting. And this was a "relatively good" set of battles - finished on turn 13.

Also, for whatever reason, game restart freezes 2/3 of the time when I soft-reset. Issue with my connection?

EditEdit: Shit. Ok, relying on Marie to do Scathath even when everything else has gone well is an iffy proposition. Back to 40 it is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Yeah. RNG fucked me so hard in my last 50AP try that I just gave up on farming it.

4. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I'm just happy I managed to farm 40ap enough to fully unlock Salter completely. Now to start actually leveling people so I can complete the higher tier event quests when they show up.

5. Solfege

31 more golden apples, 6 silver, 44+ bronze. Finished 15 boxes and 15+ more to go.

At least I've ascended and leveled up everyone that needs it and cleared out most of the shop (just waiting on those bells). Can focus on straight farming for now.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

45 Gold and 12 silver remaining. Ugh. On the other hand. Eresh finally makes her appearance at JP. Can't wait for what are effectively color coded Rin Twins.

7. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

That banner/teaser image is a lie and you know it. We'll probably get some other servant instead, maybe one of the EoR servants yet to be released? We will never get Blonde Rin, it'd ruin all the memes if we did and we all know how much Nasu loves his memes.

8. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I mean. He ruined Brynhildr. And we both know the real missing meme is Semiramis.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, despite how stupidly tired I am of running 50s, I think I can say this has been the best event by far.

I managed to take Salter to 80, Okita from 70 to 90, Tamamo from 80 to 90, Jeanne from 50 to 90, Camilla from 60 to 80, TCat from 60 to 80, Vlad from 60 to 70, and Nobu from 65 to 80.

Exp. Exp everywhere. My main lineup is fully maxed.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. Solfege

Nooo. My internal clock was off by an hour. Been busy most of the day, farming for the past 4.5 hours straight and had... 4 more apples to go. Thought I had it. Plus all the bronzes I hadn't pulled yet. Time to start pulling.

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I gotta say, I'm thrilled to just have a week where there isn't an event running.

A while back I posted concerned that they wouldn't have events to fill up the calendar, holy shit was I wrong.

What are you guys looking forward to from here on out? Events, servants, etc.

Personally I'm just hoping they keep the Kara no Kyoukai event in February like it was for JP. I think I'm also hoping that it'll garner a bit more attention for KnK from the West, as it's kinda gone overlooked here while the Fate series has blossomed.

Probably not going to roll on the London banner, gonna save my quartz and try for Scathach on New Year.

12. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Unscheduled Maintenance Notice(12-12 09:15 UTC)
    http://fate-go.us/news/?category=ISSUES&article=/iframe/2017/1212_maintenance/

13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The servants I want most right now are Tituria Alter, Lancelot and Merlin - Caster Gil too as a star generating Sup for Lancelot until I get Merlin. Obviously Okita2.0 too, but that's way in the future.

I'm doubly hanging for Camelot too so Mashu isn't useless anymore.

14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Any event that gives me shitton of mana prisms and Camelot for story and difficulty spike.

Servants I'm looking forward the most are RAIKOU, Da Vinci, Lartoria

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want all the Saberfaces. My dream is to Saberface in every servant slot.

16. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

The servants I want most are Gawain, Enkidu, Karna, and Arthur Pendragon (Prototype). Though, if I somehow managed to get Arjuna instead of Karna or Merlin instead of Arthur, I wouldn't be mad.

Would be awesome if they would finally get around to adding Achilles into the game.

17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Excuse me, friend, we say Tituria around these parts.

Now you have a good day and run along now.

18. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

I won't lie, I'm already fairly satisfied with the banners so far. Rolled a summon ticket and got EMIYA, so I finally have a decent non-welfare archer. Just gotta last until his strengthening and that Gilgamesh Envy I have will evaporate.

Looking forward to the increased difficulty as only a very few interludes are actually difficult and require a bit of planning right now and it feels I'm just gathering my waifu collection for whatever may come, and wondering how long until poor Arturia becomes obsolete.

19. Solfege

Would to get my favorite servants to 2.0 if possible. But otherwise looking forward to (flavor wise) Tesla, Dantes, and Iskander. Would normally gun for Rin but... not sure if her Ishtar archer design is my thing.

Who are you guys planning on grailing? I'll probably tip up my Mad Dog, Emiya, and Heracles to SSR. I like to get me value so, probably not going to 100 on anyone.

Btw. What is it that JP does now that story is over? I assume Final Singularity was reached? What is endgame content?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  20. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

The Singularities are only the first part of the story. Arc 1.5, Epic of Remnant regularly gets updates - in the same way Singularities are being released in NA. They can be played in any order once you've finished the final singularity. Along with that, there are still regular events, and new servants. JP is as active as ever (if not more than ever).