1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I played 3 games with a variant of Demonlock (sans Rin) and I'm really loving where Warlock is at this point. All but 2 turns Skull of the Man'ari pulled a demon from my hand. Kabal Trafficker goes hand and hand with the Skull. Possessed Lackey is great when you don't have the Skull.

Amethyst Spellstone is very powerful, especially when you get it to Greater Amethyst by turn 3. I have a feeling Team 5 might nerf it. Chittering Tunneler discovering one puts it to level 2 from the start is cause enough for a nerf.

So far I beat Evolve Shaman 2-0, beat Miracle Rogue. I played 3 more games and ran into Priestville. Won 2 of 3 to take my Demonlock deck to 5-1.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Slowly getting back into playing. Figured I'd warm up with some Dungeon runs. 87 freaking bosses before I won with Warrior. And even that was a bizarre mix or RNG and AI stupidity.

Shaman took 17 bosses over 3 runs. I expect to one run quite a few classes after this.

3. Mister Ferro

I know that people have said that Rogue was one of the easier heroes to Run but it took me 87 Bosses before completing it. Hunter on the other hand I completed it in my first Run.

I just completed the Perfect Paladin Run this morning. I had the Ring + Captured Flag along with a very special Fishing Rod.

4. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I cleared Paladin Warrior and Rogue on the first try, but struggled a lot on Warlock - took 41 games before I got 8 molten giants, Wish, and 100 hp in order to grind out the darkness to fatigue.

Heard a lot of people say that stealth + aggro decks are good but didn't find that at all. My winning runs were:

Paladin - Justicar's Ring and big minions cost 5, out valued.
    Warrior - Weapons cost 1, Double Woehammer and big minions
    Mage - Double Battlecry, Lich Queen Jaina and elementals
    Hunter - Double Battlecry and health, triple Deathstalker Rexxar and outvaluing with zombeasts
    Druid - Full Ramp. First Run I went C'thun and double battlecry but all 3 C'thuns got burned by the final boss.
    Warlock - Giants, drakes, health. Outvalued.
    Shaman - Can't remember. Probably something involving big minions since I can only play control
    Rogue - Spell power combo deck
    Priest - Big minions and Lyra.

I think the double health upgrade is seriously undervalued later on in runs - gives enough breathing room to tank early rounds while you get your deck online.

5. Koalas

High Score:
    Warrior was double health (definitely undervalued) hilt and the mind control amulet. Only won because Burly Rockjaw trolled King Kobalt.

Shaman was ring, flag, wondrous wand and a TON of Jade value.

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Rule of thumb: if you can Jade, Jade.

I need to do Warrior, Paladin, Mage still. Darkness did bullshit things to my Elemental Mage earlier today, and I've lost two 7-win runs of Warrior to Darkness (gambled and lost) and Vuzstraz (outtempo'd into being forced into Brawl) in the last 6 hours.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a few broken combos.

The most broken thing in the game - and the most rng-y - is reforming Quel'Delar. You need to pick two seperate treasures, the hilt (give a minion +3/3 spell) and the 1m 3/3 weapon which is the blade. If you have both in your deck, at the start of every battle they'll merge and add to your hand for a 1m 6/6 weapon that does 6 damage to all enemy minions when swung.

It's basically instant win.

Then there's double battlecry and either Jades or C'Thun.

Giants + the 5m limit on minions. Stealth too.

There's some other class specific broken shit you can do, like mill rogue and dude paladin, both the first few i mentioned are just easywin.

8. Koalas

High Score:
    Rogue is turning out harder then expected. Artifacts and minion picks just aren't giving me synergy.

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't feel like (at least for paladin) end bosses are well balanced. I got the darkness once and there was just nothing I could as a mid range paladin to overcome his board advance (I was only offered humility once, and I didn't draw it).

I've had good luck for paladin with the hero power upgrade and +1/+1 to all minions but i haven't beat the boss yet.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mid range just isn't broken enough. End bosses just wipe boards or trade easily

11. Mister Ferro

Daily Quest Issue: Update Dec. 21:

We understand how important daily quests are to the experience of Hearthstone, and we’re sorry for any confusion or frustration affected players might have experienced. As a celebration of Kobolds and Catacombs and a thank you to affected players for being patient while we worked to fix this issue, we’re sending all Blizzard players three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, for free, on us!

Your free card packs will arrive via Blizzard Battle.net gifting in early January. To redeem on mobile, just log into Blizzard Battle.net via your favorite browser. If you’re on PC, you can click the gift icon on the upper right next to your Battletag. If your packs don’t appear in-game after you claim them, please try restarting Hearthstone.

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a good response to the bullshit that's been going on with that, but to be honest I'd really just like them to communicate more in general. Man, talk to the people who play your game.

13. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Talking to customers is for those without gigantic money bins to swim in Scrooge McDuck style.

14. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Or for a more rational answer, it sometimes does more harm than good and it opens the company up to more attacks in the future.

From a PR perspective its better to solve the issue and then apologize later.

15. Rehio

High Score:
    I'm not really looking for a whole explanation on the issue, but with the "No Daily Quests appearing" problem there's been complete silence.

I'd just like a "Hey, stuff's messed. We're unmessing it, stay tuned."

16. Phinstrael

Phinstrael Muggle

They did say something. Four or five days ago somewhere on hearthstone reddit Ben Brode commented on the issue saying they rolled out a few hotfixes which obviously didn't completly fix the issue since it is still not really working, and that people should continue reporting their issues with quests.

edit: from five days ago https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...8_days_and_still_no_hotfix_for_daily/drbrk6e/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  17. Rehio

High Score:
    Ah, damn, I'd somehow completely missed that. Welp, GG Blizz. I failed.

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck packs, give me some free arena tickets. :/

19. Mister Ferro

The 3 KnC packs are available via the Gifts Tab on the Blizzard launcher.

No Legendaries in my packs (my pity timer is 18 packs away) but I did open 2 Epics. 1 Golden Spiteful Summoner and 1 Grand Archivist.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I spent 500 dust to craft a 2nd Snowfury Giant and Sapphire spellstone for my Elemental Shaman deck that I started playing. I beat Rinlock with 4 Kalimos on board and against Dragon Priest I achieved the Dream!!

[​IMG]

20. Mister Ferro