1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well, I did put you on the same side of me as fonti on purpose but I don't really see you as actively w/w at all
    --- Post automerged ---
    In fact would probably townread fonti harder if you flipped witch. A wolf coming in and making a buddy their touchstone to get into the game would be pretty weird.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's 3 am and my verbal processing ability is dead so, um, bear with...I didn't group people with each other, I grouped people by how I feel about them, and right now my defining thing for you is that I don't have a defining thing for you, which is why you are where you are. You are placed relationally with {Shadow/dC}, {Tom/Jan} and {Cobalt/Vaimes/Jari} and not really with anyone else.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Is exactly how we would play it if we were wolves, so that's bad reasoning.

Actually hm, no you're right I think, if we were wolves we would have wolfchat and we could coordinate stuff together without having to do it in thread and probably take it to a much higher level. So yeah, an unaligned read there probably makes a lot of sense actually.

I calmed down a bit now though, I think I was just upset that Stanari was placing us apart even though that's... incredibly stupid and not at all relevant to this game.

I need to stop posting.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am sorry I upset you.

I also need to stop posting tbh.

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ugh

FINE

Lynch: Jarizok
    Lump: The Waco Kid

I guess he's better than no lynch and I'm kind of not a fan of how he's completely stopped talking (fits in with the "behind cover" theory). Plus if I'm gonna end up lumping him I really would not mind seeing how he reacts to a wagon near dayend first.

I should be back on in like 10~11 hours tops, so plenty of time to sort out my vote at that stage.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I soulread DC as TMIing that jari was town earlier and adding that to shading people for pushing him yet keeping the option open has, like, a lot of scum motivation.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Think this is DC making a pretty good show of "freeflowing scum"

Lynch DC

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Stanari pls.

Me getting upset is not you upset me.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Explain what circumstance requires me to exercise the Jari option I'm supposedly leaving open at this time.

Like, for this to make any sense at all there has to be something going on I don't like that can't wait until the preferential, more chaotic environment of closer to dayend. What is it?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    The entire point of the playstyle it looks like you're going for is to just keep doing stuff.

It's hard to keep the agenda out though.

I can say from experience the technique fools a lot of townies in the thick of it but there's usually people yelling in DVC how obvious you are. And it works better in shorter phases.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You've spent much of the day being an anti-easy-mislynch advocate.

Then when it's time for you to park your vote for a bit, you want to leave it on wagoned all day mislynch bait jari?

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure in this world I go and finish my ISO collection if I'm looking for something to do. It'd be pretty good busywork, and I could conclude it with a justified vote on whichever meh townie I wanted. If I'm too tired to do that, I probably don't trust myself to post at all and given the total lack of heat on me at the moment I just go to bed.

Like. You're not wrong that that's fairly close to my playstyle, but if I'm scum doing that I don't have ANY problems finding material. There's a whole bunch of people I COULD be pushing on (Newcomb, shadow, malslot, Stanari) that I'm not because I don't see the point. In the playstyle you're describing, the push IS the point so there's no reason for me not to be doing at least some of that.

Like, I dunno. Check my ISO over and see if it looks like someone who's doing things. Forget about even whether I'm putting up a front by doing things. What you'll probably find is I haven't done shit all this game :V

Correct. If I was hard writing him off as mislynch bait town (as I would be with you if you had any pressure) I would not be advocating lumping him either. I think provided he doesn't get hammered (highly unlikely, hammer is 10 ffs) a larger wagon on him will be useful when I wake up. For multiple reasons. That I really don't want to go into yet.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm awake! And kind of only interested in having the malslot catch up at least a bit.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

May I request you putting fonti a bit lower or to the right or both.
    There should be a straight line between Newcomb and me with Fonti right on the middle of it.
    Or put her somewhere else ..

For not other reason than your sense of aesthetics is pissing me off.

And please move me away! Like .. You are basically pooping on me at this point. No one likes birdpoo in their hair.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That is not a read that applies to tom here.
    Or anyone.

Do you know this guy called Newcomb?

When he was still known as Newbcomb he played a game of Tinyhunt. He asked to get lumped.
    And never stopped campaigning all day 1.
    And then he didn't get checked by the priest n1, because the priest thought checking fonti is more important.
    Fonti was town. Newcomb was not.
    And so Newcomb won the game. The most glorious game as mafia in the history of all combs.

Long story even longer :
    A lot of times people feel compeled to campaign for lump regardless of alignment.
    And once they are in the race they can't really stop.
    If tom had been asking for lump 4 (real) days and then in the last 24 hours of the day voted me and told everyone that he doesn't need the lump .. pretty sure someone would call him out for it.

Plus reading Tom based on expectations is a silly thing when his mainplay is to defy every expectation so much that you can expect everything.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How did you sleep?
    Did you dream of russian bears on unicycles?

13. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Is it bad that I wan to Lump Gemma solely because I hate this hyper emotional style of play and don’t want to read it?

Like gemma I’m sure you’re a nice person but, it’s a freaking game, and you’re getting emotional that someone didn’t read you the same as another player? Really?
    ~~~~
    @Waco, still waiting on that link -_-

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Understandable thought. Bad reasoning for a lump, but understandable.

15. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I've actually started leaving the radio on as I fall asleep and I've been having the weirdest dreams.

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Waco: have you intentionally tried to play differently this game than Disney game, yes/no?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Liking dc a lot less for the Jarizok vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can someone votal? This is way too close for one witch to be able to swing the entire day’s results.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

While shopping a little thing was enough to just lock in Gemma as town :

This.

I think it is completely wrong, because fonti read her town because fonti knows Gemma and what Gemma wanted to play like this game. Gemma breaking with her own plans the way she did is a clear towntell for fonti.
    But that is not the point and I don't share that read. I can see it, but I don't think it is impossible for scum!gemma to make a similar move.

Her read on fonti here is too emotionaly loaded to be fake.
    And the thought that fonti is soulreading her would not come to gemma like this as scum in this situation, because fonti would be wrong. For this to be scum!Gemma she would have to fake 90% of her emotional overload this game.

This is all based on Gemmas emotional state and would not apply to her under any normal circumstances, but I am nearly sure that it does apply here.

You guys have no idea how glad I am to have a read on her.
    Still curious if people agree or disagree, but I am sold on this read.

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Town core of Cobalt/Vaimes/tom/Jan/Stanari

Fonti and Gemma on their own tier

1 scum in Waco/Shadow?

Scums DC and Newcomb (loved how DC stopped fighting my wagon the day I townread him, obviously)

Asmo off to the side somewhere because apparently we have multidemensional readlists now and I don’t want to lynch the late sub and I didn’t want to lynch Mal anyway.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have a bunch of questions from both Waco and Shadow about my read on the other so Imo those guys and find the scum when I find the time.

I survived my first week at the new job though because I have the weekend off so I should be free to do things before deadline. (Which is in how many hours?)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Imo = Ima read

Close enough
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry mods. I forgot I wasn’t on MU there for a second. I promise punctuation perfection henceforth.