1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sea of Thieves [X1 and PC]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Surprised I could play this for free (for 2 weeks) with Microsoft's new Gamepass thing on PC.

Game's laggy af right now, apparently their servers are getting trucked, but it's gorgeous and fun - in a group. Seriously, play in a group. The game is very barebones if you're not doing the friend thing and messing around.

The best time I've had in the two hours or so I played was when we realised we were sinking, then realised we could repair the ship and empty the water with tiny buckets (lol) then, finally, when everything seemed a-OK... a Kraken attacked us and eventually killed us, lol.

Super fun.

Again, I strongly recommend playing in a group though. Sailing the huge galley is fun and a multi-person job (steerer, navigator, sail...operator, repairman and, most importantly, shanty-man).

Sailing the little solo-boat is boring.

As I said, you can trial their $10 a month game pass for free for 2 weeks, so there's every reason to give it a try. Good, dumb (slightly shallow right now) fun.

This is the first time I've experienced the xbox ui though and it's driving me bananas...

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've seen many hours of this game on various streams, and tbh it looks like the only fun aspect of the game is the grouping. Beyond that, it looks somewhat bland.

There are many other games that you can play with others that are more fun, and not nearly as dependent on people not caring how empty of a game it is.

3. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

I will definitely agree there is not a lot progression wise. Just like loads of missions but due to the nature of the game and how you have to interact and be co operative there is definitely a lot of game play to it.

No missions are really super similar and there is definitely some like passive ones then aggressive ones and then ones that are just fun to play as a group.

Also the big ship takes a huge amount of coop. Like an insane amount especially while fighting.

I just spent a good 12 hrs playing it. Its pretty fucking fun.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018