1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Its very good but you need a proper setup for it.

2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Well, I got Jalter and I want to sell my account. If someone wants it, just PM me.

3. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I can't speak for most people why they decide to sell their account. However, I did ask why the person whom I bought from would just sell his account like that, especially since it was a very good account. Basically he felt he was becoming a gacha (gambling) addict and it would have severe consequences if he kept going.

Since I was the first person who replied, he sold it to me. Initially the price was 120$, but since we both know it was a very lowballing price and that he kept his word of first come, first serve I tipped him 10$ extra.

Edit: NTD dayum fam, the force is with you apparently.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Got Cu Alter too. where all that luck was?

Oxy
  5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's an excellent tutorial roll assuming that Cu lancer is the F/SN Cu and not Cu Prototype. If you're planning to try again for more 4s in one roll, you should at least take down the transfer number so you can reset to this roll if you don't get anything better. Herc is hands-down the best of all the 4 star servants. As I said before, he is basically a 5 star in disguise.

Like Mestre said, you can't get 5s from the tutorial roll. Rerolling account to pull from the 5 star banners has 3 strategies:

1) Do one quest after tutorial roll and do a single pull from the banner of your choice, then record a transfer #, and reset. This method is incredibly time consuming if you don't have GodTier luck.

2) Progress through the story until you get another 28 quartz, do a x 10 roll on the banner of your chouce, record a transfer #, reset. This is far less luck based than the first method, but you have to replay the same battle content over and over, so still pretty damn time consuming. Thank god for skip button.

3) Wait for an event period where they are giving out 25-30 quartz to new players in a single bulk handout. You'll get that handout each time you reset and will thus be able to perform the second method several times an hour.

I suggest you try the second method a few times and see if you can get lucky on your first few rerolls. If not, Herc is a great start.

And I can't reinforce enough to always always always remember to issue and record a new transfer number before you reset.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You don't get how the mechanics behind this game are personally destructive, that people feel they need to get rid of the game because they're garbage and can't control themselves?

Then I envy you.

I'm also trying to sell, but I useless at online selling and have no idea wtf I'm doing. Wish I could pay someone to do it for me...

If anyone's interested...

[​IMG]

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I'd try to help you out but due to the nature of transfer codes and the untrackability/illigitimacy of online account sales there is probably a 20% chance we would end up getting scammed even with paypal's safeguards. I don't like those odds.

See if you can find someone you trust to buy it. A gaming friend or some such. Or at least someone with an amazing paypal history.

8. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

hqdefault (2).jpg

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

There's a whole reddit and discord channel made to do this. Also, you're asking too much (600) for the account, since on such places an account worth that price has like 16-20 unique SSRs plus NPs to the lot.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Any particular reason to run with more than one maiden of chaldea / merciless one in the special manuscript quests?

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, did I say a price? I don't remember.

Regardless, I've seen what they go for. It's absolute nonsense and even more ridiculous I put and money in at all. I should have just waited to Merlin and spent a fraction to get both...

I wish there was a feature on Play to permanently (irreversibly) disable in-app purchases on specific apps...

12. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

From my understanding you don't even need a single one. The CEs don't increase the amount of enemies that appear, I think, they just affect the type. So equipping Maiden or Merciless wouldn't be necessary, as the type of enemy that will appear is guaranteed in the manuscript quests. From my understanding, anyway.

13. Arawn

Arawn First Year

i've been reading the subreddit and it confirms what you say about herc and cu, so i think im going to keep them, but aparently waver is the best support in the game by far, should i try to reroll for him?
    also is there a way to use the same account on my phone and on my (better, faster, bigger.... hey daft punk!) tablet?

14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Only reroll for a specific SSR if you really really want them, because its a huge pain. It's a 1% chance for any SSRs, and then divide that by all released 5* added to the main gacha... Awful chances. Anyway, you can't play them at the same time. At most you can keep changing the account via transfer numbers but that's a bad idea and has caused a lot of bugs for people who do it constantly.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I wouldn't spend much time attempting it, no. Purposefully rerolling accounts for an unfeatured 5 star when there isn't an ongoing newcomer event would likely take you thousands of gameplay hours.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  16. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This I absolutely get. For me the point of collapse came with Scathach, I spent WAY too much money trying to get her and still didn't succeed. It made me take a long hard look at what I was becoming. Right then I decided not to spend another penny on this fucking game.

I've barely rolled at all since Shishou, mostly just tickets here and there to see if I could get lucky. I've been saving up my SQ just for Jalter.

I looked at the full list of JP servants, and I mean REALLY looked at them, beyond that "Oh this one's cool and so is that one, and this one as well, and I want all of them" mentality, I was surprised at just how few I genuinely cared about. Then I went to the FGO events page and had to look at who I was willing to give up to get what I want.

Cu Alter
    Medb
    Nightingale
    Astolfo
    Dantes
    Jack
    Tituria
    Mordred
    Nero Bride
    MHX

Apart from tickets here and there, every servant there was sacrificed on the altar of Jeanne.

And I know that I'm gonna have to do the exact same thing from here on out in order to get Merlin.

If you've got that "Gotta catch em all" mindset, this just isn't the game for you... not unless you've got deep fucking pockets.

And if you find yourself spending money you shouldn't be spending, then yeah it might be time to GTFO, either that or change how you play.

17. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Pretty much. Cince the dollar/real conversion is terrible and fucks me over, whaling is doubly expensive for me, so while I've considered, I just can't justify spending a quarter of my rent in one 90 dollars packet. So what I did? I looked at all banners in JP, tallied them up one by one how much I wanted, and picked 3-4 per year that I wanted the most. And I resigned myself to only rolling that much.

My advice for you, if you dont eant to just get rid of it, would be to just keep playing the batr minimun to collect logins and rewards and then exchange your account for one of equal value with JAlter and Merlin. Unfortunately since they're both the most hyped servant, you will probably still be having to be satisfied with a worse account from someone who had both.

The sales reddit/discord also has a thriving trade section.

18. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

As a few here and one friend I have who plays on a Discord channel have said yeah, this game doesn't have a safety net. Unless you have great luck and/or deep pockets you can definitely develop problems especially if you have an addiction or just found out that you have an addiction to gambling. It's fairly insidious really.

I can admit that I'm at least somewhat addicted in that I've spent over at least $2,000 on this game. It feels absurd to me looking at that numbers when I think of it in terms of buying & playing a regular game of $60 or less and comparing that to this. I am (or was, I've been out of work for almost 3 months because of the weather which hopefully will break soon) a deep pockets person as Dr. Strange Lulz said, I don't have anything to spend money on besides bills that I could pay almost twice over with a weekly paycheck and I live rent free. I look at my friends list with 1-2 people who already have Jalter at NP. lv.5 and are lv.130 with maxed out servants and I hope they have disposable income to do so.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    After hearing all the horror stories about Gil around launch and thanking my lucky stars I rolled him in my first 2-3 x10s of the game, this has basically been my approach since the beginning. It's allowed me to get a decent deck of 5 star servs without spending much more than 100 bucks in total, which is about what I would spend on a PS4 game with a paid season pass / DLCs.

Did I want Scath? Yes. Did I want Jack? Yup. Did I want Waver? Drake? Tesla? Kintoki? Cu Alter? Yessir.

But I largely passed on them, spending tickets or a 10 roll here/there for event CEs, saving up and just using the top 3star/4star servs in the lanc/ride/assa/zerk slots, all so I could drop multiple rolls on the people I really REALLY REALLY wanted at low expense.

I'm still incredibly lucky that I've gotten 3 out of the 4 servs I did this for (Okita, Tamamo, Moe-dred, Jalter), and have also managed to get some bonus 5s on the side just by chance (jeanne, altera, saber, vlad).

But yeah, if you're dropping 100+ dollars on every banner, you definitely need to get out or at the very least reevaluate your habits.

On a related note: I'm having a tough time deciding who to save for next. I don't really want Merlin. I hate his fluffy poodle design, there will be dozens of him in my FL, and there will only be a handful of instances in game where a double Merlin, like Double Waver, will be really TRULY beneficial.

Maybe Ozy or Semi.

20. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

My last serious roll was Kintoki. And all I got from this was the NP2 for Ruler Jeanne. Yay.