1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's one thing to lurk out the Day; it's another to announce it. I can't imagine neither he nor his partner would think that's a good idea, of all possible options.

Lying could have been a weird misunderstanding. Stranger things have happened in mafia games.

You should try to be less absolute. Confbias sucks.

But yeah, we're not in enough danger right now for me to worry too much about changing your opinions (I'm not confident enough in mine to dunk on yours :p) so. Good talk.

2. you

you Squib

I attacked Newcomb because the way he used language was similar to the way someone I knew offline who had hurt me very much used language. I cannot know for sure, but I believe that I would have had the same strong visceral dislike as town and would have tried to find a socially acceptable reason to explain the reaction with. It is a trap I've fallen into as town before. I didn't really attack him deliberately or premeditatedly.

on some level, sure, but my attack on him had nothing to do with what i was accusing him of.

It was. It woudl've been fake as town too when I looked for something to explain the strong gut reaction I was having to him.

The thing the offline person used to do to me was use words I didn't understand until my brain melted and i couldn't move my body anymore and then he would say "you're so cute when you can't talk. it means you love me."

Don't tell me what goes in on inside my head.

I attacked him beccause I couldn't understand him. I will give you that I don't know whether I would have attacked him as town or waffled about maybe it's just me maybe I'm secondguessing it, it's probably just me.

I cannot know whether i would have created the same narrative as town or a different one, but i certainly wouldn't have admitted the real reason that was very obviously not his fault and had nothing to do with him when he was doing nothing wrong.

I agree. and maybe if the tell you've found on me is right then i'll hit the note you're looking for later.

If I were able to understand what people were writing, i would have been able to fake believable reads -- which is me conceding that what you saw might have been a mixture of scum + illness, but I knew that without the illness Iw ouldn't have been having that problem and I was touchy about it. And I'm still touchy about it because here I am still ill with a town role PM and you're still sideeyeing me and I know you are finding it frustrating that my mind keeps going there but I really can't help it. This post of yours is helping a lot though because you're laying out points that I can't misinterpret.

I used to be competent. I don't know what I am now. I guess we'll see.

It's something I didn't have trouble with before. It's something the illness took away. It's something that every time you bring it up I go into a negative spiral and I'm not doing it at you, I'm not melting down because I want to make you feel some way or another, it's a thing that's happening to me.

okay.

I'm scared that if I talk about what happened then I'll turn into a Cassandra and nobody will take my reads seriously anymore. People misunderstand each other all the time, sure, but some misunderstandings are safe and some are not. I want to be taken seriously. I don't want to kicked out of the adult conversation and sent to play with the children.

Well I'm town. And I know it's frustrating for you but I'm not asking you to do anything differently. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. It's certainly not your fault.

I didn't decide to ignore it for manipulation purposes. I responded to the parts that I had something unique to say about.
    I did miss that you were unsure in my first read.

I didn't know fluffy was an easy target. It's my experience that when I think a person is doing something scummy and then I find a resaon why it wasn't after all (cobalt having the work excuse) then if someone else was also doing the scummy thing but it went under my radar (fluffy) then that second person is more likely to be scum, which is good enough for page 2.

I like to get my footing as soon as i can because i feel lost until then.

i think i do always rvs early and i get more out of it if it's semi-serious but i don't really remember. sometimes i have something real early. sometimes i don't.

:( I even looked it up on wiktionary.
    Oh, i dunno. maybe? I havedn't really paid attention but I know I tend to be a bit obsessive about signallign the exact level of
    certainty I have so if i'm feeling kinda lost and overwhelmed then that should be pretty transparently conveyed. I would expect that kind of "x is town because y" to show up once I really felt like I knew where I stood. i don't know if it's alignment indicative but i would be happy if my reads achieved that kind of a state at some point in this game.

i'm not afraid of just writing "I changed my mind" as scum. I think positioning yourself overtly is kind of scummy sometimes. depending on how it's done (though of course sometimes it's just somebody having a reads progression.) but it can be scummy yeah.

That makes sense.

3. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Oh jesus fucking christ I'm done.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I didn't read it all but the start but good gods.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah wait I read the don't tell me what goes on inside my head part and I am truly done done done done done.

4. you

you Squib

because tammy wants to know what i thought at the time and what my mindset was like at the time.she's not asking about now.
    that's true. but it's confusing to write a post that is usnig attacking words against someone you'Re townreading. i think it's scummier than not.

it's hard for me to hold onto the concept of why you were attacking your townread.

I want that too. i was trying to read ISOs earlier and then ig ot distractd talking to tammy and now it's bedtime soon.

yeah that pretty much happened. i've got a townread on tammy and zenzao that i'M pretty happy about. i was trying to read some of the others. maybe tomorrow will be better.
    my scumread on you has softened but im not ready to give it up yet. i don't understand what you're doing this game and I need to wait until my brain is better.

i'm voting you. it was a serious vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Zenzao gemma was discribing images for me because i have trouble understanding them and cant risk looking at gifs. that's not scummy; she offered to do it pregame.
    --- Post automerged ---
    don't ask questions you don'T want to know the answer to

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I have many expletives I want to say right now, but I think I'm going to step away and see if I want to stay in this game. I just can't.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I didn't ask fucking questions by they way, you're the one who started discrediting me with your bullshit about oh you read me wrong for reading comprehension issues when it wasn't that and being all manipulative don't I do it here thing.

I just have absolutely no interest in interacting with you at all, which is a problem if you're actually somehow town here because I just want to vote you and lynch you right now.

6. you

you Squib

i'm so far out of my scumrange it isn't funny.
    --- Post automerged ---
    but we dont have to talk. it's okay. maybe next game.

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    If it's going to go like this I have no interest in a next game.

8. you

you Squib

ok.i enjoyed our friendship while it lasted.

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There was zero indication anywhere that I am aware of that this was explained. She does not say this when she is posting, and she fails to describe anything about the second gif of Will Smith. It is scummy when she doesn't comment on anything else in the posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    On that note, now that I'm aware of your issues with gifs, I'll stop posting them. I suppose the same goes for static images?

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    And I'm sorry if that was harsh but i feel gaslighted here. "Attack what I say in thread" Here's what you said in thread. "No, but that's not why I was attacking him you don't know what goes on in my head." "You're reading me for reading comprehension issues" "No, I"m reading you based on what you said and a fake attack" "But it was something else"

I just feel like this conversation is more about you protecting your ego because I can't possibly have been right for the right reasons, so of course I'm just wrong because apparently I don't know why I scum read you, which doesn't have anything to do with this game except you decided to discredit that in an attempt to manipulate me and make me feel like I don't know what I'm doing in regards to you.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I have to admit, my eyes have been glazing over just looking at the recent posts.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

just keep reminding us you're town and everything will be fine

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So how about less than fully recent posts? Any opinions you'd like to share with the rest of the class?

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I was gonna say "I'm happy with both wagons" but then I realized that there are actually like 4 wagons, so :\.

I don't get your scumread of Gemma. Could you quickly summarize it for me? I'm trying to avoid looking at the previous pages atm due to headache.

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I have no interest in voting dc, zenzao or vaimes today. Probably not fluffy either cuz fluffy.

i looked back at cobalt's argument about gemma and vaimes regarding lulz's opening post about the rvs vote and yeah the conversation is a little weird and drawn out, I'm not really sure that actually points to lulz/gemma being partnered. I think Gemma is a little smarter as scum than to jump on what would have been a really small point and throwaway line about a partner. I was interested in the conversation when it first happened, because I didn't think lulz saying that was scummy at all. I've seen townies make that type of comment a bunch of times, and it's been easy prey for scum to attack. Town can attack it too, it's just a thing that can be an easy attack route.

Anyway one thing that I noticed in a game that I followed was that sometimes Gemma can get a little nitpicky when trying to understand someone's point. It's not a bad thing, but I think sometimes she asks and asks and gets people to word things and explain things in ways until she understands. I don't think her doing it is scum indicative that she and lulz are partnered because of it.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Alright, let's see if I can keep this accurate in summary.

In my first few posts she just complains about the images I posted and says nothing about the actual written content at that time. She goes on to attack me for my opening but claims to have been townreading me for such 'scummy' behavior early on.

In the midst of the lulz meltdown last night, she appears out of nowhere and votes Vaimes with zero commentary for why she voted Vaimes or offer anything about lulz' in the moment. She avoids scrutinizing lulz' behavior later to handwave it away and shift target onto Cobalt.

She returns to me long enough to highlight a minuscule amount of my recent posts and cast shade about my wall, call me a liar, and to this point has not responded to my own commentary/responses to/at her.

I don't like that she has chosen a target of opportunity in voting on Vaimes during the dC-lulz-Zenzao incident and now Cobalt after Cobalt had voted for lulz(and pointed out the same flaws in lulz arguments last night that dC and Vaimes were pointing out).

That's it off the top of my head.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Gemma what is your read on lulz?

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think I am scumreading You anymore.

I don't know what to say to you both but I think you both need to try to rethink how you are interacting with each other.
    --- Post automerged ---
    They're a weak townread but I have to reread them and think about it again because I just realized they are not the player that I thought they were. I don't really understand why everyone is scumreading them but I haven't looked that closely, I could just be stupid. Anyway I am spending time with fonti so I can't talk more.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Amazing. Truly incredible.

Folks, am I the only one seeing this right now? Am I just reading too much into it after being in a scumteam last game?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll be back later. I plan to run down Cobalt once I get back and see if Vaimes might be onto something there, but really, my money is on Gemma/lulz.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Zenzao I'm not interacting with you because your attitude is kinda unbearable. Sorry.