1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lucifer

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Peter North, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am disappointed in that they are going away from the supernatural aspect. It was the only thing that distinguished the show from the countless other procedural ones out there. The quality of recent episodes has been enough to overcome that, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.

2. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is such a waste of the potential for the source material. Almost the entire characterization and backstory have been reduced to "sexual harassment but he's good-looking and rich so it's okay". Don't understand why I'm still watching this.

3. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Yeaaah... This show definitely needs to reincorporate it's supernatural elements, and expand on them. You're telling me this is a world where Angels and Demons exist, Lucifer is walking among Mortals, and there's nothing else out there? No monsters or magic from other Pantheons?

It's just... Ugh. Such a waste. And a shame, because I honestly love Tom Ellis as Lucifer, and I'd love to see him incorporated more in other Veritgo/DCU Shit. A part of me desperately hopes, knowing all the while it'll never happen, that the rights to Lucifer get picked up by the CW. Then we might get a couple Cameos akin to what they did with Constantine.

Hell, if they had Lucifer and Constantine, they could do something amazing with that.

For now, though, I still like the show and will keep watching, but the lack of supernatural shit or mystery and intrigue will definitely leave me a bit depressed.

4. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Who hoooo Cain showed up. IT is awesome.

I liked this episode.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The obvious explanation here is that the wings are an abstract concept more than physical, actual muscle-sinew-bone things.

Back when Lucifer had cut them off the first time, they were still technically part of him. Hell, I'd argue (though this is pure conjecture) that he could have theoretically called them back himself. The wings were still the wings, still held divinity, thus they evoked the wonder and madness that they did.

This season, the only wings that have that property are the ones currently on Lucifer, because they have been spelled to no longer exist separately as they had in the past. What this means is that Lucifer might cut the bone and muscle off, but the wings are still there.

As such, all that he cuts -and Linda and Amenadiel throw and burn off- are feathers and bone and muscle. Nothing actually divine.

The scene where he stabs Cain and then waits for like a half minute before anything happens was very strong, and I think kept all of us guessing, unsure as to whether he was right or had made a terrible, season ending mistake, plague locust and everything
    As for the finale, wow that was a good second half from a disappointing first half. Finally Lucifer does something. Something that works. He needed actual photographic evidence to do it but what the hell, I'll take what I can get.

I really like what they did with Pierce. Maybe this season's one saving grace in a long line of disappointment so far.

6. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

This episode is Lucifer Origins. His first days at L.A.

7. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Was it just me, or was this episode very poor in quality, compared to others?
    I've just watched it, and it felt both contrived and boring for majority of it's run.
    Perhaps the only interesting thing was the final scene.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That's been the case for the whole season so far, tbh.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    As far as I can tell, this has been cancelled. And as well it should, as its last two seasons have been by and large sub-par, with very brief glimpses of something more.

I find it incredibly ironic that its very final episode is actually pretty fucking good, too, in stark contrast to the rest of the season. If they'd done this a season ago, all of this, maybe the audience wouldn't have gotten fed up with it and it wouldn't have been cancelled. Chloe should have found out at season 2 at the latest, and the excuses kept being more and more flimsy and ridiculous.

If nothing else, I encourage everyone to watch the last episode. It's really quite good.

Edit: You dont even need to watch the rest of the season. Just the last ep.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Otters

High Score:
    Okay, yeah, I'll give you that. It was pretty decent.

If only they'd done this back in season one and escalated things from there.

The special effects for the wings were atrociously bad, though. More at home inside a pillowcase than on a heavenly being.

11. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd extend to the second last episode as well if only for the last scene.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Apparently the show has been picked up by Netflix?

Not really hopeful for too much, but I at least want to see how they're going to nullify the reveal. I'll watch the first episode at least.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Teaser for new Season is out. Fuckall on the plot, but it did make me question my sexuality, so there's that. Marketing team knows their audience.

And also a date, May 8.

14. Otters

High Score:
    On the last episode of S4, and man, there's a whole bunch of things in here which would have improved the series astronomically if they'd been brought forwards to the beginning.

Lucifer slowly becoming more devilish then having his moment of self-actualisation and forgiveness with Chloe's help would have been a perfect ending to Season One. All the plots from later seasons could just as easily follow on from that, but we'd have a much better feel for the stakes as events impact Lucifer and cause him to struggle between the desire to be good and the obligation to be evil. The confrontations with Cain, other angels, momma dear, etc, could all be much more with that extra context.