1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

yea true Cu Alter is just an beast and i love how survivable he is, and i thought he was better then heracles?

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They both perform the same role as a long lived zerker, and for the most part Calter is stronger, but no one is a better last man standing than Bond 10 Herc due to the way guts functions when you only have 1 char left.

3. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I’d argue that Herc and Calter have both a slightly different role. Calter shines most as a long lived front line zerker. Basically, you always want to drop him in your front line so you can spread the damage among teammates and maintain PfA for as long as you can.

Herc won’t shine nearly as much until you manage to get his bond ce. When you do, he’s the best backline zerker you can imagine, due to how the guts mechanic work. If he is the last man standing, the enemy turn will end when herc dies. As result, you can dish about 5x BBB chains before he bites the dust permanently.

As for what you should pick, personally I’d go for Herc. Kuro von Einzbern (a free 4*) will come fairly soon after the summer events and she is arguebly the best 4* archer.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

I don't have Marie/Martha/Liz but I think I'm just gonna np2 herc.

5. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

huh im looking at bond 10 cu alter and thats a good skill, 30% dam on NP and guts that brings you back to 20% health

6. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Bond 10 is... Going to take a while. It takes weeks, if not months, to get a 5* to Bond 10. Just stick on a suitable craft essence for him, like one that increases his damage or gives him starting NP, and focus on levelling his Protection From Arrows skill for 'dat dodge surviving.

Definitely NP2'ing my Herc, as I already have EMIYA and Carmilla at NP2 and the other 4 stars don't appeal to me.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You could spend 20 AP and do Washington, getting 745 Bond points.

Or you could do the 3 AP X-A node in Fuyuki and get 25 Bond points.

Add in your +50 Bond Points CE, and a friends +50 BP CE for a total of 125 Bond Points, or 845.

The trick is to wait for a 1/2 AP campaign, at which point the 3 AP quest becomes 1 AP.

845 x 28.8 = 24,336 Bond Points
    125 x 288 = 36,000 Bond Points.

12,000 BP isn't a massive increase, but it's nothing to scoff at either.

The problem is that it's mindnumbingly boring.

8. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Actually, its not that good. Cu doesn’t have that great NP gain so you won’t benefit that much from NP damage and 1x guts isn’t that good. Moreover, due to the nature of bond ce you won’t gain much base stats which matters a lot.

The best CE for calter is probably Volumen Hydrargyrum. It tremendously boosts Cu’s survivalbility allowing him to dodge 7+ hits. For the damage, I would probably consider Limited Zero Over as Calter benefits most from buffs to his buster cards (from a damage perspective).

9. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

yeah i was giving him one that did +15% to buster and stars each turn. im waiting on the x3 skill up to i can lvl my servents and crafts
    --- Post automerged ---
    should i grail Cu lancer to 90? or save and keep him at 80?

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    You don't NEED to grail him, but any amount of grails on Cu are grails well spent.

11. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Giving Cu more survivability is never wrong. However, count your grails well. No turning back with them.

12. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

I think you're grailing the wrong Cu.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Oh dear. @Onii don't grail Cu Proto beyond 80 bruh. Giving him two isn't a huge blunder, because he can still be useful in a CuChuTrain, but you should definitely stop there.

FSN Cu is who we're talking about.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  14. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Okita Alter has arrived, I have no quartz, life is pain.

She's literally perfect. Why did I waste all my quartz on Tamamo Lancer? Why...

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Okita Dai-shouri!

I'm glad I stopped playing JP when NA dropped. Knowing who to save for is so nice.

The cm for GG3 is pretty fantastic. Dat Nobu Gun Gate.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Does anyone know when the next 2030 banner comes around, if ever?

17. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

There won’t be a solo rate up. It will have a few shared rate ups, but those are still long way off, unless they decide to do a sudden random Fate/Extella Link banner.

Usually anything related with Fate Extra will have it on shared rate ups. The only definite case is when BB appears as a wellfare, which is still a year away.

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, checked the summoning campaigns up through the end of the year and didn't see it anywhere.

---

On a different note, with the content starting to finally get more difficult - In what classes do you find your lineup lacking? And who are you hoping to pick up to correct that?

For me it's Lancers and Riders. Rider has been carried by Salter, she's great for farming... but I'd like someone a bit stronger in single target damage . Lancer has just been best boy Cu, who I love but am unwilling to Grail.

Hoping for Ozy to fill in my Rider slot, and Summer Tamamo for Lancer. I have AOE if necessary, getting a few more heavy hitting single target servants is the goal.

19. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

no prototype isnt going beyond 80 i was talking about fsn Cu, but yeah i know i fucked up with prototype

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I'm dearly dearly missing Lancers. I only have a Grailed Cu and maxed Leonidas and ProtoCu. The free SR will be good to shore up that, with at least a decent AOE Lancer in the form of Idol Liz.

In the other hand, I have plenty of leveled up archers, with Nobu and EMYIA being decent AOE archers but far from anything special (Nobu can be great, but she needs stars and/or facing a divine enemy and I don't have a single fucking 2030 to help her, and Merlin is far off). I do have Euryale and Robin for ST, and while both have very good roles, they're shit outside their NP in Robin's case or against Male Sabers for Euryale.