1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It is not alignment indicitave for you.

You could be scum or town. Either way you are just very very bad.

I have no clue what you get out of the game of mafia, because it for sure as hell is not playing it.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

<3:nyan:<3

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Day is over. Please stop posting.

4. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    That's a lynch!

Ghouliani (3): Fonti, Jan, dC,

Jan (5): Ghouliani, Miner, Cobalt, Fable, Fluff,

Fable (1): Gemma,

Not voting (0):

This will be where we explore the rather unknown original ending to the saga about Cinderella. Her shoe, evil stepmother and stepsister(s), and the wonderful prince who decided to marry her after just a dance.

In the lesser known original ending of the brothers Grimm's tale, Cinderella didn't live happily ever after, but rather long enough to get lynched by an angry mob. True story.

Jan was lynched.
    He was Cinderella, vanilla town.

(and hopefully he has fond memories about his flavor)

Day starts in:

[​IMG]

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

So who's the night kill tonight?

Cobalt.

Cool! Can I do the flavor? I wanted to make a pun about him being a singer, you know, and then Tony Soprano, and him obviously not being a soprano and...

Lame.

It's not lame!

Dude. It's so lame.

So what was your idea?

[​IMG]

What? Why?

Because it's funny.

A dog?

Doge.

Ok, I'm done here.

[​IMG]

Cobalt was killed overnight.

He was Tony "Doge" Soprano, vanilla town.

Day ends in:
    [​IMG]
    With 7 alive it takes 6 to hard lynch.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me Jan. I've been sick the past few days and I was lying in bed coughing and feeling miserable and I didn't even think about deadline. I never thought there was a chance that you were going to be lynched.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt kill is all kinds of whack. Not sure if it's supposed to cast suspicion on Ghoul considering yesterday, or wine.

Font this is where you want your keep >.>
    --- Post automerged ---
    Earn****

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I have to replace out, sorry.

I'm surprised and annoyed that I'm not dead. I was thinking over the night phase about who Fable would kill if he were mafia and I thought there was a pretty decent chance he would keep me alive because he seems like the kind of person who would enjoy insulting me for another dayphase while watching me try to lynch him with no one listening to me. Now I'm alive and Cobalt died despite him being completely inactive and pushing one of the most disgusting lynches I have ever seen outside of mafiascum. Please don't lynch people because it's "spicy". That's extremely stupid and honestly kind of toxic. This whole game has been really toxic and I don't think I'm going to keep playing here if games continue this way. Anyway, I still think Fable is mafia but Jan and Cobalt were both really emphatic about him being town and they're both dead now so I feel like I should give respect their reads on him especially when I am biased about him, even though I don't really trust their reads that much when they're alive. I'm stupid, heh. I would still lynch him in LyLo over anyone else. I really don't think that he has done anything town this game. I don't think telling me that Cobalt never busses day 1 is a town thing because if he's mafia he knows town Cobalt is never getting lynched anyway. My reasoning for townreading fonti was that she had an interaction with Jan where they were both pushing on Ghouliani and I felt like that level of sync would only happen if they were both town but I don't know how good of a read that is. Aside from that I don't really know how to read into her content considering she has been feeling down lately but if I have to say one thing it would be that I feel like she has put her heart into this game and I think that is town. I feel like Vaimes wouldn't make such a shitty fakeclaim if she were on his team but I don't know how good of a read that is either. I think if she's mafia then she will give herself away in LyLo by who she pushes on. But then again if she is in LyLo and Fable is still around I would always lose to her and actually I'm pretty fine with losing to her, if she is mafia then she has played really really well and there's never any shame in losing to someone who gives everything they have to a game and does it without being malicious in the process. So yeah I don't think I would ever lynch fonti to be honest. I don't think I'm letting my feelings for her get in the way of my read here. The game was starting to make sense to me again just before Jan got lynched but now Cobalt is dead and I think I'd have to spend some time this dayphase reassessing and making sense of that but I can't because I'm replacing out. I don't think there are many worse feelings in mafia than knowing that someone is going to flip town and being helpless to prevent it. I'm sorry Jan. I really really wanted you to do your legacy stuff earlier when the wagons were 4/4 so that I would have time after it to lock you as town and make sure you were never lynched this game. Anyway. You guys should probably lynch Ghouliani today if he doesn't do some really really genuine reevaluation after Jan's and Cobalt's flips. I don't really think fluff is mafia because he's not really playing a winning game if he's mafia and he doesn't feel empty and formal the way he did last game. It's hard to tell because I got most of the empty feelings in the first two dayphases and I didn't really touch him in that part of the game here but he hasn't felt formal and maybe I don't know his meta/personality well enough but I feel like he wouldn't be shitty to Jan like that while lynching him if he knew Jan was town, plus even the "being shitty" attitude part aside, I don't super feel like he would do something that would look that bad after a mislynch if he were mafia. I don't think I would ever lynch fluff this game especially now that we only have two lynches and maybe that's why my slot is alive but I don't really want to wine myself out of reads just because. He will be most readable in LyLo, especially if you lynch Ghoul today, since if he's mafia he'll have to fake a bunch of reevaluation and find a scumread in the people he previously townread and I think that will come across as fake and paint-y. I wouldn't bet the game on him being town by any means but I don't super think he's mafia and he's very clearly a mislynch mafia need to win here if he's town. That alone is kind of why I townread Ghoul before, btw. It didn't feel like he was counting mislynches. But the more I think about it the more I realize it's not really indicative in that way because Ghoul doesn't know the players or the meta so he wouldn't realize for example that his scumread Cobalt isn't really mislynchable, and actually the way that he townread fluff is really really weird coming from someone who doesn't know fluff's meta, which is probably the actually alignment indicative thing about that. Those are my thoughts on the PoE I guess. I would like it if I had time to spend on figuring out the kill and sorting out my reads more thoroughly now that I'm feeling a little less messy and exhausted but I don't. Please don't drown yourselves in wine, especially not spicy wine. Please kill Fable tomorrow regardless of anything.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "I didn't think my vote was needed on the wolf so I voted the claimed PR and almost got him lynched instead"

Gemma you have zero room to talk about stupid votes.

Also I thought Jan was a wolf because I thought he knew better than to lynch into a claim but turns out he doesn't so that's cool I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I've had like zero fun this game (turns out I stopped playing here for a reason) and not too interested anymore so I'll probably just vote whoever miner wants me to since he's the only one I trust atm.

10. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

You can mark me down as the third person in three posts who isn't having fun and all I did was read the toxicity I was mostly not even there for. I'm not doing any kind of big re-evaluation, would be a waste of my time because I don't think my posts will be read before or after I die.

For the sake of the game itself, my read is that we have three lynches and two folks I'd ever consider lynching, Fable and Fonti. That means you can lynch both my suspects before the game is over, and me to boot since I am consensus. So I think that's what you should do.

I would like to say I am sold that Fonti was just trying to power wolf at eod1 and it did not work and she was just forced to lynch or look worse, but like I said yesterday, the rest of her game seemed to be town fundamentals. I don't even have a scum read on her, I just think she's bad at being town based on that. I maybe wouldn't ever lynch her before final 3, and I won't be around for final 3. Just including it here for thoroughness, I've seen people look super town and then do something so wolfy that it can't be wolfy before, and then actually be a wolf. It's just not a super likely scenario to me.

Fable just looks like coasting. Did an unconvincing hard bus and dropped off a cliff, and wasn't all that insightful at their peak activity.

Cobalt kill is a big wtf, but it doesn't change any of my reads other than Cobalt is now town. Gemma, DC, Miner all safe town, and if I tried to explain why Fluff was safe town in my book, I think it would confuse more people than it would convince. What matters to you is that he is safe town to me. Decide what you want to do based on that, I am not lynching him under any circumstances, nor any others in my safe town.

The point is, Fable is the person I would lynch here, and if it's not Fable then Fonti played a game with good fundamentals but then made a bunch of bizarro moves that may have been forced based on the circumstances surrounding those events, and is a curiosity you cannot leave alive in final 3, but I would be lying if I said I was even more than 50/50 on that slot flipping scum.

So I have one person I would be interested to see die, and they would probably be glad to be the game is done anyway, so feel free to self hammer if this is correct. Do us all a favor and put this game to bed.

Lynch: Fable

11. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ...well this isn't what I wanted to wake up to.

With Gemma replacing out I don't even know what I want to do at this point.

12. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Decide who you are never lynching, then lynch everyone besides those people.

Make sure you have enough villagers that it is always a town win. It's what I do.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I want to say scum!Fable would be enjoying this game but it's still like

holy shit if he gets me three times in a row I'm quitting

so idfk

Last time I did this my "villagers" contained all the scum.

I can't really do anything that involves correctly assessing alignments.

14. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

It is a guessing game, you don't have to feel defeated if you guess wrong sometimes. It's part of the game and is the only way the game is balanced.

A big part of the game is morale. I've seen towns collapse because they lost faith in themselves and each other, after kicking so much ass.

You can be wrong, but if you are not making a guess that you believe in, then you are just rolling dice. I play this game because it is not based on random chance. Something happened during the game which shows you why someone is guilty or innocent, you just have to dig deep enough to find it, then interpret it correctly.

I can tell you which parts of the game indicate which way for each person, if it would convince you not to get fancy and lynch someone deep in the village who should not ever be lynched. I think that is the only way town loses this game, even though I have failed to townclear this slot.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I know I'm never lynching myself, dC, Miner, or Gemma slot.

Which leaves Ghoul, Fable, fonti. Huh for some reason I thought there were 8 of us left.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ghouliani, you vouching for fluff has zero weight. If you want to make sure he's not lynched, you need to outline your logic.

17. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

His votes, posts, and in game actions and the timing behind all of them all indicate someone who is under no stress, and is unaffected by the goings on in the game.

Even low posting scum have to do something at some point in the game which turns things in their own favor. Fluff never did that once, as far as I can tell.

If he's gone this entire game without making a mafia move, then he is not mafia.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Sure. But I've been at this shit for literal years and I can't recall a game where I've done better than chance in terms of reading. With one possible exception where the scum were hard bussed and I fell for the hard bus instead.

So if there's a way to obtain skill at reading people, I'm apparently not eligible for it.

19. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Also, he's got a sense of humor that is completely unaffected by the game. At some point if he were scum a serious mode version of him would have emerged and he would have lost some of his charisma.

Humor is a big tell for me. He has always been in good humor.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why that is not likely to convince people is because they are typically comparing this person to themselves.

Many townies get into serious mode, but some people when they are town never rise to the point where they look like they give a shit even if they do. They just are that chill.

As scum he would have teammates that were relying on him.

And I know this doesn't convince people because I haven't done the hunting to find all the posts required, but Vaimes and Newcomb played day one like they knew they would be fine, even when both were under pressure. I do not believe their third partner was fluff under those circumstances. He looks town to me, but is not in anyone else's safe town. How can he be the deep wolf?

He was not the pony they were betting on, if I am interpreting D1 correctly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So if you do this and be correct, you will surprise yourself and have a lot more fun than you are having now. Might be worth the exercise just for its own sake. It's good for the game and we need people doing stuff that is good for the game, especially in the state it is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    At some point today I will comb through Miner, DC, and Gemma and reinforce why they are not under consideration to anyone who is not fine with those people being core town. It only takes one person to not be sure and then the blue wall fails to hold.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I have never seen fluff lose his chill, regardless of alignment.