1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, May 29, 2018.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, super disappointed FE is so far out, nice to see it in 3D though.

This is my favourite part of E3 though (aside from the Sony presser), where we get everyone coming back and reporting on what they've played. So much podcasts to listen to now... lol

2. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Yea I was hoping they would keep the 2018 release.

Smash invitational about to start.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright. 200% hungover. Let's get these over with. Maximum effort.

Part 4

Squenix:

• It's that guy who sounds like James Earl Jones but isn't James Earl Jones! Yeah! That guy!
    • I could listen to Camilla Luddington pant and grunt all day (lewd lenny face). She doesn't have the posh liquid sex ASMR accent of some previous Lara incarnations, but she lets a lot of emotion into her voice and is just plain fun to listen to. A lot like Claudia Black in that regard.
    • Climbing physics and enemy AI in SotTR aren't looking to be much of an improvement from previous games, but they hopefully have time to polish it.
    • I think I'm going to skip Life is Strange - Little Boy's Imagination Edition with it's inevitable Shyamalan!Twist.
    • DQ... trying so hard to be old-school they threw in the midi soundtrack, went with a 'collect the magic orbs to save the world' subplot, and threw in a stereotypical gay lisp jester character wearing guyliner. Overkill much?
    • Babylon's fall? Not much to go on there.
    • LET'S BLOW SHIT UP RICCOOOOOOOOOO.
    • The Quiet Man is a dumb fucking title.
    • KH3 is basically the same as the Microsoft trailer? Lazy, Squenix. Extra Lazy. Well, here's hoping the inevitable launch event will be huge.
    • No FF7 tidbits eh? That's... not a good sign.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Part 5

Ubi:

• B-BAKA! It's not like I want to watch your conference with its inevitable cracked out musical numbers or anything! KNOW YOUR PLACE!
    • Just Band Camp 2019
    • BGaE2 definitely wins best of E3 cinematic so far. When the afro girl shot out of the ice cloud and the mist swirled after her like a tornado... goddamn that was pretty. Also.... Dark!Jade looks bamf.
    • I really like the idea of crowd-sourcing minor game assets (graffiti, bgm, etc) to fill up the world. That said... if it's as open as they're making it sound, there are going to be so many hidden surprises that the HitRECORD team will miss. Aka dicks. Not necessarily a bad thing, as most city graffiti irl is dicks, so it will contribute to realism.... but yeah.... dicks everywhere.
    • Fuck off Rainbow Six.
    • Ragdoll moto game going to generate more ridiculous crash vid memes than Burnout.
    • Yawn. I miss Aisha Tyler. Fuck off Division.
    • OhFFS ubi. MarioRabbids again?
    • Skull and Bones still looks fun, but I say again that the game probably won't be a hit without some sort of serious single player story.
    • Fuck off Virtual Re- No wait. You're adorable, Elijah Wood, with your little hobbit face. Tell me more. I won't buy your game, but tell me anyway.
    • Fuck off Toy Mod Collectible games.
    • Fuck off For Honor.
    • More excited for AssCreed Sparta than I was with AssCreed Egypt simply because I deeply enjoy Grecoroman mythology. But yeah. Looks like exactly the same game. I really really wish they would bite the bullet and start a new story driven AC set either during the precursor 'Eden' period or in the future.... but that's probably asking for too much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Part 6

Sony:

• Alright Sony. Microsoft had the best conference so far, despite not actually showcasing many exclusives. Since they had all the big announcements for the cross-platform games we knew were coming, that must mean you brought tons of new stuff to show off, right? RIGHT?!!!!
    • Dafuq are you doing here musical Wall-E?
    • That's.... an interesting venue choice, Sony.
    • "We're going to focus less on talking about new games and more on games we've already announced...." Fine to do this in practice, but probably not something you should admit at the very beginning of your showcase.
    • Banjo guy... = Last of Us? Please let this whole conference just be Last of Us footage.
    • Oh. I see why they did the tent thing. You clever fuckers.
    • Everyone in the cancerous youtube chat freaking out about lesbians and I'm just gobsmacked by the surreal uncanny valley of that lip smosh. Christ... how many hours did they motion capture people frenching?
    • I know this is polished setup but if LoU2 plays even remotely like that, it's going to be so fucking good I can't even.
    • Who wants to put odds on Ellie's love interest getting brutally killed off in the first hour of the game? Thus the impetus for "I'm gonna kill every last one em," line in the old trailer.
    • Intermissions? What the fuck are you even doing Sony?
    • Fuck off VR. Get back to me when you can do a haptic feedback lightsaber fight.
    • That was a boring trailer Destiny.
    • FUCK OFF INTERMISSION GUYS.
    • Ghost of Tsuhima looks baller. I have always wanted a truly lifelike samurai game. That said, combat could just be button mashing, and that would be extremely disappointing.
    • Control looked cool, but not much to say about it other than "ooo reality warp powers".
    • RE2 at last. Sorry Sea of Solitude. You may have had a chance to break out into the horror market without this to compete with.
    • ......why not just make an actual Rick and Morty platformer and make gangbusters off the rabid fanbase?
    • I'm glad Pirates is back in KH3. Was one of my favorite stages along with Tron.
    • OMFG KINGDOM HEARTS SHIP BATTLE.
    • Monsters Inc Sora is cringey as fuck.
    • Oh Axel. You creeper.
    • It's been 3 years and I am just as confused by Death Stranding as I was when the first trailer dropped. So grats on that I guess Kojima.
    • I never played Nioh. Was it any good?
    • Spiderman's gameplay looks tight. The web slinging, spider sense, and combat mechanics are all excellent.... but unlimited webs with a timer regen? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The regen is for the suit power 'web blossom', looks like. There's also a focus meter that charges into two instant KO moves as you fight.

Swinging looks infinite.

Gameplay demo of what's probably on the floor.

And Nioh is incredible. At points you'll think it rips off DS, and that's probably fair, but I think it's better than them - at least late game. Early game was super frustrating until I found a build I liked.

Also looks like Sekiro isn't a Souls game. Action adventure, not action rpg. Could this be the Tenchu game I've longed for?

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Part 7

Nintendo:

• I'm skipping Nintendo because.... well.... Nintendo.

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Having played a billion hours combined in Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man, I hope Insomniac's manages to be good without getting tedious.

Ghosts of Tsushima seemed promising, but that ugly woman with the bow showing up put a damper on things. (Actually, there were a lot of ugly women in these games they're showing off this E3.)

The Last of Us bored the hell out of me so I wasn't interested at all in the first place, but that gameplay trailer made sure I wouldn't be having any second thoughts. (See above about ugly women.)

Honestly, I had thought there were too many characters in SSB Brawl, and then they kept piling more on in the Wii U one. So I'm not that keen on having about five dozen on the roster in this new one. Also if they really want to put Snake in there again they should really give him some actual guns this time.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I have no idea why they released the Forsaken ViDoc before E3, it would have been absolutely perfect for a conference. It has a ton of cool shit that would both excite previous fans while also bringing in new ones. Hell, it convinced me to go back.

The video we got during the Sony conference is, to someone that isn't a Destiny player, boring as hell.

For Destiny fans? That was huge. It honestly made me sit up and say "Holy Shit!" It was the only thing this E3 that actually had me rushing to see reactions on YouTube, Reddit, and Discord.

But yeah, it was a really poor choice for drawing in players.

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Agreed. Honestly, if they'd reversed the order, released the trailer with Cayde getting rekt first, that would have stirred up so much interest, then the actual show could've been for selling everyone on it.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Smash roster size never bothered me much when I still had a Nintendo console. I was that one horrible asshole who got a little too good with Lucas and Ness' bullshit gimmicks and then never played with any other character. Ever.

Admittedly, I lost interest in Destiny before Taken King even released.

10. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Honestly Smash Ultimate is more than I could have ever wanted from a new Smash game. Also love that you apparently start with the 64 cast and you unlock the rest as you play and I'm super into it. From what I'm hearing on Twitter from smash players, it sounds like an extremely solid game. Only negative in the whole thing was that Bayonetta looked to be unchanged.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I mean ... not really.

Edit: To clarify, the death had already been teased and guessed, and as for the rest ... Bungie has fooled and disappointed their players too many times to not be distrusted. This is an attention grab.
    We'll see how it goes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018