1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Hehe. I've seen some people -who obviously aren't familiar with the source material- asking why it seems the medics shown using a defibrillator on a man, earlier in the trailer, are later blowing away a bunch of thugs.

Trauma Team International offers insurance policies that, at more premium levels, include hot-zone extraction by soldiers who will kill any hostiles in the area, so they can get the injured policy holder to the nearest hospital. :eek:

Now that's service. Perhaps the player will be able to buy such a policy.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm not quite going that far. I have no real issue not having seen gameplay; CDPR has earned no small amount of trust and good will, and so I am extending that to them. They could literally not show any gameplay footage up until launch, and I would still be perfectly fine with it.

I just find the hype-mongering and build-up for the reveal we got to be in bad taste and far too similar to the behavior of substantially less trustworthy companies. It's not what they did, so much as how they did it. I'd even go so far to say that if they'd just quietly done it and the public found out it was even a thing via the journos reporting about the gameplay, I'd have been 100% on board.

As-is though, it just felt like the kind of epic cocktease I'd expect from Activision or whatever, and it's just disappointing.

I'm still buying the game, and it hasn't soured me on CDPR all that much, if at all, but it's... I dunno, still a thing, and it will sour me on them if they keep pulling shit like this.

Edit:
    Honestly, I expect it to be like the Shadowrun isometric games from a couple years back. The Trauma Team will be the quick-res/res without losing items/money/xp/whatever option.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I enjoyed that write up quite a lot. I'm getting more hyped for a game whose setting didn't interest me much, and now it kind of does.

4. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So let's list out the pros:
    CD Project Red
    Cyberpunk
    First Person
    RPG

Cons:
    Wait time.

Conclusion:
    BUY BUY BUY

5. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

From what I've read so far, the word "Buy" features far too much for my liking. It's used in terms of upgrades, implants, etc. that let you actually play effectively.

Some characters don't speak English? Buy an implant that'll translate for you. Need to figure out how to kill something without using plain guesswork? Buy an implant that'll give you a tactical eye.

While don't expect totally free gameplay, I would hope that they don't run straight for the mega-cash-grab right off the bat.

6. Agayek

Unless I miss my guess, which is certainly a possibility, "buy" in that context is "buy in-game using <insert cyberpunk's equivalent of the dollar>", not microtransactions.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    CD Project Red said somewhere “micro transactions in a single player game, ludicrous.”

They won’t do micro transactions

That but is definitely in game currency

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

That's what I'm hoping for, but I've just been burned too many times. So it makes me... itchy. Maybe there's some cream for that.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a single player RPG, by CD Projekt Red at that. Why wouldn't you expect totally free gameplay? After initial purchase, I mean.

Sey
  10. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-red-responds-to-loot-box-controversy/

https://kotaku.com/cd-projekt-red-says-cyberpunk-2077-will-be-no-bullshit-1820586229

I trust them.

That said, I don't blame Heather for concern. It says a lot about the state of the market when people hear the word "buy" and instantly assume real world cash as opposed to in game currency. 15 years ago the former would never have been considered.
    --- Post automerged ---
    https://www.gameinformer.com/e32018...re-diverse-romance-options-than-the-witcher-3

I stand by my statement that CD Project Red is taking a shit on Bioware.

Anthem: No Romances

Cyberpunk 2077: All the romances!

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Relevant and expected:

[​IMG]

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Expect to enhance yourself a lot with bought implants in this game a la Deus Ex from what I hear. I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a V.A.T.S implant XD

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty standard Cyberpunk fair. Cybernetics are part and parcel of this genre and it'd be very strange to see a Cyberpunk game without them.

That said, I'm hopeful the stealth mechanics are good. I'm a big fan of that style of gameplay in general and I love the genre too so this is going to be a must buy for me.

14. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They've said that Cyberpunk has the same sales plan as Witcher, meaning 1 $60 game purchase and a battle pass for like $25 including 2 huge, amazing, DLC.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    A part of me wishes a company like CDPR had the balls to charge $80 for their game and released it all at once - I absolutely hate post-launch DLC, even in games I adore (I've still not played the Bloodborne or Horizon stuff).

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly I prefer it this way. Let the writing/art/etc. staff have distinct parts to focus on and be able to finish rather then one (more) massive launch product. I honestly think it gets a higher quality product when done right.

Done right being a completely satisfying base game + no Day 1 dlc

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

But... but... The Old Hunters is so fucking good!

I don't understand the dislike of post-launch DLC. I mean sure, we've all been burned by shitty dlc over the years. But every now and then you get something like The Old Hunters, Lair of the Shadow Broker, or Blood and Wine.

Day-one DLC is cancer and I can perfectly understand the hate for that. Nobody wants to pay for cut content.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  18. Agayek

I'd be totally cool with that, not gonna lie. At the same time though, the current plan, assuming their DLC is like the Witcher 3's, is much closer to the old school idea of an Expansion Pack, like Brood War to Starcraft kind of thing, and it's what DLC should be.

As a result, I'm on board with it.

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

DLC/expansion stuff aside, I wonder how CDPR intends to handle Humanity/Empathy for V and whether cyberpsychosis will be a thing for NPCs or for the players as well. I feel like that's something that should absolutely be included - the more cyberware you put inside yourself, the more flesh you replace with chrome, the more different reactions from NPCs should become, not to mention your interactions with them.

I'd like something like dialogue options simply no longer being there, e.g. where you might usually find the "I can help you with that" dialogue branch there should simply be nothing. Not greyed out/locked out. Nothing. Because the more machine you have in yourself, the less you care for the sacks of meat around you. Changes in tone - colder, distant or uninterested - would help with conveying the change that's happening to your V. At the end of such branching and disturbing path, there could always be the choice of going full body replacement, i.e. Borg, but that would have to be something saved for end-game content due to how OP they'd be in terms of combat.

Anyway, since no one linked these yet, here's the concept art that CDPR released thus far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm a gamer, I'm constantly buying and playing new games. As much as I love Bloodborne, not playing new games to play an almost year old (several now) game that I've already platinumed, having to get back in the groove of, remaster etc just isn't appealing. I want to play a game, finish it and move on.

I'm defo not one of those that goes back to old games, or replays them. There's too many good games to ever do that imo.