1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ishaq

Ishaq First Year

I just realized that I never read a good Harry in Ravenclaw fic. Does anyone know a decent fic that would fit that criteria?

2. KGB

KGB Headmaster

3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Are any of the HP fic's on Spacebattles any good?

I poked around a couple and while they were pretty terrible SI OC stories they did appear to be unique to the forum. But since SB users appear to be allergic to using tags it nearly impossible to find anything.

So are there any gems hidden away in that unorganized mess of a forum?

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Not that I've seen. You could try thread title searching. Usually get better results that way. They have one thread for all their hp ff discussion iirc too.

5. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

They are pretty good at tagging there so, anything you want to find for HP can be found here. Only about 8 pages of stuff, so won't take too long to trawl, but tbh you won't find anything good

I don't know if you are looking for more sites for HP fiction but if you are, check SufficentVelocity, HP tag here, and AH, HP tag here. Best of luck mang

6. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

I can remember a sequence in a fanfic, but I cant remember for the life of me the actual fanfic itself. I'd appreciate help finding it if anyone can remember it.

Harry fell into a pool (I think it was silver) in the DoM in 5th year and travelled to a new dimension where his parents are alive and Neville is the BWL and such in the middle of their own fight, and curses someone who's cursing his mum, and stays there for about 2-3 chapters before he goes back to his own dimension. It was quite a bit into the story itself, but i really dont remember anything else about it. I think maybe it was a Slytherin Harry story, but I'm not sure of that either.

If anyone can help, i'd appreciate it.

7. Damy

Damy First Year

@PomMan

That sounds a lot like The Merging by Shaydrall. I don't remember the silver pool, but the rest fits.

8. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Looks like the right one, yeah. Thanks.

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm looking for a fic where Voldemort kills Harry as a baby, and then, for good measure, Voldemort goes on and kills every magical child born the same year as Harry in the UK. Then (I think) alternate universe Harry comes along. Don't know what happens after that.

10. Jordi

Jordi Squib

I'm trying to find an old harry potter fic, I believe it was on the first page of the favourites years ago, but it seems to have been deleted.
    From what i remember from the story Harry went to the time of his parents, under a different name, and would generally try to guide everyone to a better future. It wasn't finished, and I don't think there were many chapters. Rings any bells?

11. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

There's about 50 billion of those. You'll need to include some specific details to have any chance of anyone knowing.

12. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

13. Jordi

Jordi Squib

Thanks for trying, but I don't think it's Timely Errors, one of the few things I remember is that it wasn't finished. Not much else I remember, it is a long shot alright.

14. James

James Unspeakable

I’m trying to find one of the “time travel” stories, which was Hermione-centric, but still surprisingly ok (afair). Hermione was able to send very short message - like 140 characters or so, and child Hermione went with it - and it was suprsingly not op!startfox!Hermione.

Thanks

15. reyau

reyau Squib

16. James

James Unspeakable

You are right on all accounts - it's what I was looking for, it's not a bad fic and author is, unfortunately, dead.

17. milford833

milford833 Muggle

Posting this search for another person. Did not see it here. time travel fic that's starts with Harry going back to diagon ally with Hagrid. He convinces Hagrid to give him his gringotts key for his vault, and telling him it would be fast if the split up and Hagrid get his package while Harry gets some money. When Harry himself gives the goblins the key it automatically unlocks his inheritance. Sound familiar anyone? I do not believe it is competed.

18. Heather_Sinclair

Hold it. Which inheritance does it unlock? His Potter Family Vault, The Peverell Family Vault? The Gryffindor Family Vault, His Creature Inheritance, or his Elemental Power Inheritance? Whichever it is, it sounds riveting.

19. milford833

milford833 Muggle

I am checking to see if they know which one.

20. Heather_Sinclair

Awesome. I seriously need something to read, and this seems to really fit the bill.