1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, it's not being fully convinced and trying to figure Newcomb out. It was 100% not a push.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Meh .. I didn't want to post and just watch a movie right now, but my phone told me that i got quoted.

Damn you technology!

3. fontisian

Bruh, you're the one who missed the joke. I wasn't defending beru, I was rolling with the bear puns.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I knew that part but you also didn't really want people on the wagon.

Like bear puns are a thing, but you don't do bear puns and say things you don't mean.

You either use bear puns in empty messages or as a support to something, but you don't pick a pun and then form a message around it that goes against what you are thinking at the time.

That is not a thing.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I've been staring at the thread on and off for the past like, twenty minutes, and have no idea what to do.

Someone give me a mission.

@Jan @Gemma

Love you.

6. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Okay, granted, I did find a post where he more or less says this outright - just in the same post he's also pointed about being the only one who's not there on the Newcomb town read. "Push" is the wrong word then.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I read a lot of that sequence as jokes rather than a running conversation, and definitely not as the continuous thing it's presented as here.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb played very different and still does and we had a talk about it.
    Considering the fact that everyone else is hard supporting him is enough for me to let it be and hope he dies tonight.

But the difference in play is there and he always had a lot of trouble to realtime in games and got pushed on it hard when we played wildcard and/or wildcard reunion a year or two ago.
    He normally does it a bit but for a good amount of time he is trapped in rereads and between wallposts.

This game he is 95% realtime which is a very drastic change for the Newcomb I know as either town or scum and I was not sure what to do with it, while everyone else was like .. "this newcomb is not last games newcomb and must be town".
    I have always read Newcomb in different ways and had a harder time getting a read on him and a stark difference in playstyle compared to both his town and his scumgame was and is suspect.
    --- Post automerged ---
    We love you too, young man.

Make us proud and eat your vegetables.

If I go to buy cigarettes and don't come back .. know it is not because of you.
    I will still love you just from further away.

Are you back in stable wifi land and all?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Doesn't really matter. Just wanted to clarify things because a bit of fun and light banter that should be enjoyed confused a few fellow citizens.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It was totally a continuation on my part. Might not have been on her side.
    And I am not sure if it is worth the time and effort to continue that part of the conversation.

I have a woman called Amélie that wants to be watched.
    (I somehow never saw the flick and since I was in paris less than 2 months ago .. time to watch some feel good movie)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I made a case about fenwicked earlier and wen't through the onepiece game i played with him and cobalt a couple of weeks ago etc ..

Look at my read on him and tell me if I am right or wrong. You have more experience on the matter.

I don't have that many big posts and I quote him at least once and link the game, should be easy to spot in my iso.

8. fontisian

Nope.

I agreed with Reg that the wagon wasn't great. That was it. I saw no reason to push people off it.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Wifi dropped for some reason. :/

But I’ll look at it when it comes back.

10. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Beru seems ambiently towny to me based on my scum game against them some months ago where typical VCA tools were foiled by the evil Flight Rising. They seemed relatively down that this angle of forming reads was out the window, they were between multiple games at the time and I'd say their approach to that game was not tryhardy. The read that won the game for them was essentially a comparison to a different person entirely which feels similar to their application of meta in this game among a far more known crowd, particularly continuing to add nuance to the M Plus 7 read.

Also, getting to see people try to shake their confidence in the Tsaiah meta read was a fun time.

11. fontisian

Mostly Up-to-Date Postcount
    Gemma: 207
    Stanari: 180
    Jan: 139
    fonti: 120
    Newcomb: 111
    M Plus 7: 102
    Vaimes: 98
    Eido: 89
    Reg: 78
    Citrus: 77
    Miner: 68
    Nego: 64
    Nothing Happens: 38
    Beru: 33
    Kai: 22
    Tsaiah: 14
    Fenslot: 8

How far the Von has fallen.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I don’t have time to say or do much of anything, sorry, but I at least am sort of caught up? So much skimming.

I just wanted to say to Eido that you shouldn’t feel bad or sad or anything. We are cool. I like you. In fact you all seem like a really great and incredibly talented bunch of players.

Regarding the me asking questions thing, I know a few of you have said something like this now. It’s just the way I am I guess, even outside of mafia. It’s not something I like about myself so I usually try to avoid acknowledging it, but I have trouble understanding other people in general sometimes. I sit somewhere on the autistic spectrum (specifically asperger’s) super mildly but it’s a part of who I am I suppose so it is what it is. I need to ask questions to try to get a feel for what is someone’s personality or play style versus what might actually be alignment indicative. They may not make sense to you all but they make sense to me. I’ll be happy to try to clarify or assist however I can if you have specific concerns.

Somewhat as a result of that I’m just struggling big time because:

(1) you all are new to me and I need as much data and interaction as possible to wrap my head around unfamiliar play styles
    (2) I personally feel I am unfortunately am not good at reading people and it takes a lot of content and conversation for me to try to understand other people
    (3) this was a poor time IRL aside for me to play such a high content game and given the above challenges as well
    (4) mafia is a team game IMO and that goes doubly for my approach to the game specifically. I still don’t know how I fit into this team here. I don’t know if you all even need me.

I need to get back on the road sorry. I’m fine with lynching Beru I suppose because they are in my POE but I don’t feel strongly about it.

I guess I feel best about lynching fenwicked regardless of the replacement situation because I think he has the most chance to be mafia of anyone.

VOTE: FENWICKED

Well hopefully I’ll be back. If not best of luck. Sorry I’ve been such little help.

13. fontisian

You're good, M. Just being a clearly town body in the game is helpful, leaving all the analysis you've done and interactions you've had aside. Keep asking whatever questions you need to and don't worry too much if you can't make it back by eod.

14. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I want to investigate this post. I think I like it. No basis to judge on Nego and fen, yet not seeking out their ranges in any way, versus the last paragraph.

It's a mix of wanting to talk to Stanari to get a sense of those ranges, since this is looking at her reads for the "popular" scum, but also providing the same kind of info on himself almost as an example.

Like, ordinarily I'm not a fan of just not being able to sort people based on not knowing them, but this looks like a call for help so he can know them a little better.

15. fontisian

Yeah, I can buy that read on Miner.

16. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Maybe that's a stretch.

I definitely have a LOT of towns right now and I somewhat remember Miner's outburst and associated reactions from when I was real-timing before. This is a familiar problem too.

I'm like, in a state of needing to re-learn how to play the game really.

17. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Hi, I apologise in advance what I'm about to post.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sad to say I tried that earlier and it didn't work.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not saying Beru couldn't make that post as a wolf but that I'm not going to vote them today because of that post.

Mafia doesn't need to get villagers into doing stuff. They can just ignore them and let them be wagoned to their demise. Beru is doing the opposite in a world where they were being suspected themself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay those were the neutral posts.

I wanted to get them out of the way first.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, we seem to have different definitions for the word "opportunistic" because what you describe here is what i call just lazy.

Opportunistic is someone who notices an opportunity and jumps on it. Often times it happens after someone wildly townread - or just an obvious townie - argues against someone else and perhaps even votes that person. The opportunistic wolf jumps on it, thinking it's an easy way to jump on a wagon without looking bad.

That's also what you were doing.

----

If that's how you play as scum, I'm really sorry for you.

----

You probably missed the fact that I've been busy and haven't had much will to put my energy into this game. That's fine though because I have changed my mind.

I've posted my tiered reads list twice now, and if you were to compare them side by side, you'd notice some changes, especially a drastic one regarding Regfan's placement on the list.

But fine, spout your nonsense some more if you wish.

----

Show me this process then, please.

----

I have two things to say to this:

1) Nice narrative you are setting here. The start of this post you were pretty blatantly calling me scum, yet in the end you say that you aren't even scum reading me. What's it going to be, really?

2) That's one of the most antagonistic posts I've ever had to read in my 10-year mafia game career. Congratulations, I guess.

Just so you know, your attempt to scare me into not voting you is not working. It's doing just the opposite.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I'm just gonna go do other stuff now, sorry.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    My grandmother had a stroke. She seems to be doing ok, but... I can't really... do so many things at once. Focusing on what's important for now.

I'll probably be around for EOD? It's 10pm PST, right? Ok.

I feel like Jan saying this kind of made the narrative about this, when this isn't part of my reason at all?

I voted Eido for his treatment of Fenwick. I don't think town!Eido would be like "Hey, I'm voting Fen for mysterious Reasons. No, I'm not gonna tell you." when basically the entire thread had Fen in bottom tier and there's not really any point in holding anything back? Like, what did he expect people to do. It wasn't a spicy vote at all. There wasn't really anything to think about.

This is regardless of Fen's alignment, btw. If Eido is wolves with Fen, then great. If Eido is a wolf and Fen is town, that's also great. This is about how Eido is treating Fen as a slot in the game.

19. fontisian

@Newcomb @Eidolonic
    We're not lynching Beru Today.

@KaiDASH
    You're the official shrug lynch, my dude. Time to play.

I hope she's alright, bears.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Man, hope everything looks up for you, bear.

-

I have no idea what Reg is going on about.

He's 100% confident Eido is town (lol) but almost going out of his way to doubt Eido's townread on me, despite probably being the ultimate authority on the matter. The only way I'm NOT town is if I'm exactly with Eido, but Reg doesn't think Eido is scum, so ???

Fake.

But yeah sure shrug lynch. I'll try gold because I like birds.

Unvote, vote Kai