1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete They Shook Hands by Dethryl - PG

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Brooklynight, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Hagrid actually did get drunk. He was red-faced in the story as well. As for Hermione, the Slytherin girl had something on him.

2. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, if he was drunk, he sure as hell didn't act like an assmunch in the book.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

No, he didn't. But he was a little rude. The author just spinned it a little to make it seem meaner.

4. afrojack

Maybe it's just me being jealous, or whatever, but 11-year-olds with wittier remarks than I have makes me angry. Maybe they train 'em up like that in the UK? lol.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Lol. He did it because of them being in Pureblood families. The rich ones, so they have to act proper. He explains a lot of this in his Yahoo Group.

6. afrojack

I do like that he made Blaise female though, as I was completely gobsmaked by the black teenager that greeted me in HBP, though I don't mind more black people, as I'm half-black myself.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  7. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

This is me wondering why a 4/5 star story is in the trash bin.

8. afrojack

Because it's trash. No matter how little the author says the tweaks are, he changes a considerable amount of canon to fit the story, and Harry is OOC IMHO, and then there's always the fucking witty banter from the 11 year olds.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I disagree, not a great series, but not a terrible one either. As for the objection based on canon changing: ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

Seriously, have you looked in our Library?

Are you illiterate?

10. afrojack

Well, I like fics that are within canon realm, so in my opinion, that much changed in the first years is a point against the fic. Sorry for voicing my opinion. Never did I say that I looked at every fic in the library, or that I was inclined to read them all.

11. Dark Lord Rostam

This site is basically the opposite of canon realm. Everything is almost AU. Hello! DARKLORDPotter. DARKLORD.

12. afrojack

Yeah, it's also accepted that Ginny and Hermione are complete sluts, but there are people here who still like them or can stand them in fanfiction. I'm not opposed to non-canon, but I like it better if it is canon, and by no means will I ever avoid a well-written fic that has a believable transition into non-canon waters. THAT is the reason I joined, to see good fics, in either category.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The it's not canon objection is completely invalid if you joined "to see good fics, in either category".

So now that you've expressed several contradictory opinions, I suggest you leave the thread.

14. afrojack

I said I liked it when the transition is good. This wasn't in my opinion. If that makes you want to attack me then I'm sorry. I thought that I could express that here, maybe I was wrong. There was no reason to attack me, as I said nothing that would make it necessary.

15. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

There's an entire category of AU fics. IMO, this fic should be in that category. If you aren't a big fan of AU stuff, no need to visit that subforum.

16. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

This should definately be in the AU fics. I mean, honestly. This fic isn't trash. So it's not canon. Big deal. The story isn't mind-blowing incredible, but it's sure of a hell lot better then some shit I've read before.

17. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

rj_stone2, Samuel Black, I've got something to tell you. This story isn't here because it is not canon. This story is in the Trash Bin because it breaks some rules we have here at DLP, namely the one about a redeemed!Snape/Draco.

You may be new to the forums, you may not be. Either way you should have done a little bit of poking around before you decided to post. If you had, you would know that pretty much everyone here loathes Nice!Draco/Snape like a hot sauce enema.

Now, I personally like this fic. It's long, well-written, has Weasley and Herman bashing, and Harry is probably gonna end up being a total badass. Now, despite the fact that I like this fic, you don't see me bitching about how it's not in a different category. Why? Because it doesn't fucking matter!

The damn story is in the archives, that should be enough. It's not like the fact that the story resides in the Trash Bin some how monopolizes your opinion of the story. Do you like the fic any less because it is in the Trash Bin?

In closing, stop being a bunch of whining douchebags.

18. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

And if you had been on this forum for more than two months, you might remember a time when there was an entire category devoted to Severitus fics. It was merged into AU because there weren't enough fics to justify an entire separate category, not because DLP has a blanket ban on a particular character.

The point of this site is to collect quality Harry-centric HP fanfiction. Not to collect only fanfiction that portrays the characters you don't like in a negative fashion. If people don't like stories that are posted to this site, they can give them low ratings; if you don't like a story that happens to get four stars, you can have one of those nice tall glasses of shut the fuck up and deal with it.

19. afrojack

He's been here since Jan '06, that's over a year, not two months. I don't see the big deal anyway, all I said was that I didn't enjoy Harry's portrayal in this particular fic because it was too OOC for me, so I thought it belonged here.

20. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Well for anyone who cares. The author has chapter 3 of year three half way done and has ideas for chapter 4 and 5. So it's not abandoned.