1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Reign of Power by Fayr Warning - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ChuckDaTruck, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

Good story. I am getting tired of the endless cliched Harry i sheir to most powerful wizard or Grindewald etc..... Some can be very good though. I just wish someone could come up with something new.

2. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

i havent read much, just the first few chaps, but its good so far. anyone know if he becomes a a Vamp. i have always found that genre appealing

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No he doesn't, thank god.

4. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

man the new chapter....pretty jam packed...remus against harry...pretty interesting....harry seems to have almost limitless power, but his body cannot hold it all it seems..

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Too bad I didn't understand a word of the Tower/curse shit. But the rest was on standard high level. It's good to see her back.

6. Hubert

Hubert First Year

I agree that it's a great story, but with the time between updates and the complexity of the plot, I keep forgetting what’s already happened. I'll need to reread this again when it’s finished to give it the credit it deserves.

7. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

I have the same problem Hubert, still I have found it an enjoyable read, have to wait until later today to refresh and check out the new chapter.

8. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

In my opinion its way too detailed and complex.

The author tends to jump around all over the place, from one side story to the next.

The author needs to stick to one thing and stick with it.

9. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

The last chapter was confusing espacially the Tower thing. As far as I understood it, it basicly says that the dark and the light will be locked in a powerstruggle for all ethernity. (Griffindor/Dumbledore - Riddle/Slitheryn)

10. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I agree, very confusing chapter, however, i loved it, i interprut the chapter the same way, my only question is when the hell is harry going to reveal himself as Morrigan? If not when is Morrigan going to make another appearance, it seems odd that Montague and co. would blindly follow Morrigan after only meeting him once, i'm looking forward to more politics and more action..

11. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Read this fic a very long time ago and can still remember that i enjoyed. I stopped reading because there were no new chapters then and then i forgot about the title.

Tried to read this story once again, was surprised when the name 'evan mortifer' rang a bell, and suddenly remembered that I read this once before and thought it very good.

One of the best HP fanfic's out there. Schemin!Harry is done incredibly well and though some of his descriptions can be very difficult to comprehend, it is a very worthwhile and interesting read.

12. Fayr Warning

Fayr Warning First Year

Okay.
    Basically I don't feel like searching this site more than I already have. What I'm looking for is a Beta reader because as anyone that's read anything I've ever written there are tons of where/were and t's for d's in my stories (But I'm an amateur writer so...a litte leeway here?
    So no getting excited but I'm looking for someone to review what I've written so far and yes, with any luck there should be a chapter within a few weeks.
    But really there's enough material for two or three chapters left, I just figured I should get around to completing this so people would stop looking at me funny.
    Now...if only some of my favorite abandoned fics would do the same....
    ~Fayr Warning
    (Yes, the person who wrote Reign of Power when I was young and foolish. Luckily I haven't changed that much)

RM.
  13. AbyssalDaemon

AbyssalDaemon First Year

14. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Finally an update. Not overly long, but it's pretty packed with action. We get to see some of Harry's plans out in the open. Even after such a long wait, the story flowed perfectly. This is currently my favorite fic.

Looks like the story will start to pick up very soon.

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Agreed with The-Hyphenated-One. It's pretty impressive how smoothly the new chapter flowed from the previous one. I'd re-read this not too long ago, so I just read chapter 27 before the new chapter 28. Considering Rosswrock crawled from the depths and updated, and our good buddy Vorlon looks to be trying the same, I think it is a respectable thing to say this is the best necro'd fic around.

Excellent chapter. Looking forward to the end and I'm very curious how Fayr plans to wrap this one up since I think we're right near the end.

16. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I gotta say even after all this time this fic is still one of my absolute favorites. There are few fics that I can stand to read over and over again and this is one of the few. The new chapter fits in perfectly and is amazing.

Keep up the good work

Im ready to see just how powerful Harry has become because I get the feeling we havent seen anything yet compared with what the final battle will be like.

17. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

I get a sense that harry's gonna win it, and then following his escape with the vampires and his subsequent return to sanity, will either be turned or allow his alter ego to become the man behind the curtain for whoever's role it is to bring wizarding great britain back from the abyss.

18. CaptainG

CaptainG Third Year

I like where this is going. THe world appears to be going to hell and Harry seems to be riding the crest of the wave. You almost get a feeling of Changes in a Time of war - with the Vampires and Werewolves deserting Britain, but I like how it has been handled diffewrently (or how it was handled diffferently by the writer of Changes - I think this one was out before that).
    It all seems a little depressing though, and we know that nearly all the main characters are going to die - and judging by the last chapter it seems that Harry is going to be in pretty bad state.
    ANyone think he might take Amos up on his offer of a turning?

19. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

At first I was ready to kill you for even thinking this is anything like Changes in a Time of War. But the werewolves and Vampires is sorta like it except this one is done far better. Reign of Power was out long before A Second Chance at Life was I think and it was the best fic out long before A Second Chance at Life ever though about being a good fic.

20. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Personally, this is is the best of all Independent!Harry fic... The character development for Harry is outstanding. And unlike most Independent! Harry fic, this one portray a reasonable reason for the split between Harry and his friends instead of he suddenly don't like Ron and Hermione but a difference in values and belief...

Nice touch on the vampire and werewolf part... I hope he can work his magic on the fic instead of letting it rot..

By the way, it had been update recently.