1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Terminal Justice by Overkill A.K.A Irrational Intelligence - R - Harry/Kara

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Vtigo, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Title: Terminal Justice
    Author: Irrational Intelligence
    Rating: R
    Genre: Humor/Alts
    DLP Category: Humor/Alts
    Pairing: Harry/Kara
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 233,190
    Update: March 4, 2009
    Published: 2006

Link: You must be a member of CaerAzkaban Yahoogroup
    Summary: Terminal Justice is a continuation of Make a Wish and Hunt for Harry Potter. Therefore, you should read both of those works before proceeding with this story. In the original MaW story, the concept of Mr. Black was introduced. The RB-written sequel proceeded to focus on Harry's attempts to salvage his personal 'Harry Potter' life. My intentions for this project, on the other hand, is to explore and develop the Mr. Black persona via exposure to the Justice League and its environs.

During his journey in the JLU universe, Harry will learn additional applications of his "superpowers" while continuing to develop as a frequently misunderstood person. As a result, the 'Mr. Black' persona may grow and change from its initial conception in Make a Wish. Rest assured that any serious alterations will have first been approved by Rorscharch’s Blot, and will not require an extreme suspension of belief.

Ok I did a search for IT/Overkill/The fics name so if its listed here already not my fault :p I think this guy did a great job expanding on the make a wish uni.

(you gotta log into yahoo then join the yahoo group)

Checked by Minion, February 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

All chapters I clicked say Doc not found. >_>

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Read it.

Loved it.

Raped it.

5/5

4. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Thats yahoo fucking up, log out of yahoo log back in and go to the link again.

5. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

If you are really having trouble getting to that archive it is also listed under under the folder 'Mr Blacks further adventures' in the file section of Rorschach's Blot's yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caerazkaban/

Terminal justice is quite possibly the best HP fic that I regularly check for updates. Its very amusing.

5/5

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Fixed link to point to the directory where all the chapter files are.
    Here's a proper link to Chapter One if you're curious. But you shouldn't ever link using the yahoo dump information, because that changes every 30 minutes or so.

As for the fic? This is brilliant. I loved it at the start and still eagerly look forward to each update. The last couple of chapters have lost some of the magic in my opinion. I've yet to read a fic where Harry 'adopts' kids and the fic doesn't suck the ass end of menstruating skunk because of it. I can see the magical reasoning for him and Kara "adopting" Tim and Raven, but it's just one of the quickest ways to kill my interest.

And it also suffers from the same problem the ending chapters of Make A Wish did. This Harry as Mr. Black was so much more fun lucking his way through things and being the subject of misconceptions. But when you actually make him Death, or he's aware and cognizant of what a super bad-ass he is, he loses that sort of likability and affable charm.

Nevertheless, there's tons of brilliance in this fic. I am eagerly awaiting updates, knew almost nothing of JLU before reading this and it didn't take anything away from the fic. Even with the most recent 'inching towards disappointing' turns in the fic, this is still 5/5 without question for me.

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Who in the world is Kara anyway? Its been a long time since I've read any of "Mr. Black" stories. Although I do remember him doin' crazy shit and getting away with all of it.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I remember who Kara is, its Superman's cousin SuperGirl. So Kara and Harry, eh? Cool, I always thought she was hot. They'd probably be good together, lol.

Richard.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was absolutely brilliant, though MaW is always going to be my favorite parody(well, tied with Where In the World is Hary Potter?). The end, as Nonjon said, was slowly moving into the dissapointment category, but I read it through none-the-less. It was still amusing, but more like one of the MaW omakes that got a chuckle, but not a laugh. *shrugs* I'm sticking with it. 5/5

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Mm, I liked it, but like nonjon says, it loses a bit of its magic. Still a decent story though. Very interesting.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Great story. I, for some reason, liked this better then 'Make a Wish'. Maybe it's the writing style.

Plus, I'm a big fan of the DC Universe. That might have something to do with it.

11. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Equal to 'Make A Wish,' I must say. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Some parts were funny enough for me to giggle like a jack ass and others were a bit lame. I thought that the last few chapters before chapter 13 were getting to that ending point in Make A Wish where Harry finds out what everyone thinks of him and the story looses a bit of its flavor but I thoughy chapter thirteen brought it back nicely. It amused me that for once he actually 'did' do all those things though he didn't exactly mean to. 5/5. A few parts weren't perfect but then again a few parts were perfect and it did keep a smile on my face the entire time which is all I ask for in a well done humor fic.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

This author expects me to read two long-assed fics before I read his?

As if I have the attention span for that ~_~.

13. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

What's next? Fanfic authors expecting you to read the Harry Potter books before reading their fics?

14. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you've never read Make a Wish your are badly missing out, Xiph. One of the best comedies I've ever read, as fun or even more so then Where In the World Is Harry Potter. You don't have to read the second story, it had little to nothing to do with this one, but you won't be able to stop reading MaW unless your girl walks in the door with only a smile on.

15. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Make a wish

Make a wish is worth reading, but you really don't need to have read the Hunt for Harry Potter to understand this fic, there are pretty much no references to it. It might be almost as fun to read Terminal Justice without reading Make a Wish first, although some parts of it won't make sense then.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I read to Chapter 28 until it pissed me off, then I stopped.

Never regretted it.

17. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix DA Member DLP Supporter

I've been following this since it was first posted on CaerAzkaban, 5/5 from me, I think it's just as good as MaW, except I like the writing style a bit more.
    Now that I think of it, it seems like fan-fictions have more potential to be enjoyable than the original stories, the main problem being wading through all the crappy Fanfics to find the gems.

18. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Awesome. Utterly Awesome.

5/5

19. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It took a while but there's a nice fat update to this fic. (15,000+ word chapter)

If you're already a member of Rorschach's group, here's a direct link to the new chapter.

Another fun one. Lots more gods and goddess stuff, raising the stakes to the point where fighting evil super-villains pales in comparison. Nevertheless, still light-hearted and banterrific enough that fans of the story will definitely enjoy this. Author says next chapter is nearly complete and shouldn't take as long to post. And we're probably only 2 chapters away from this spin-off crossover's conclusion.

20. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Mr. Black is the best take on "God Harry" ever. :)