1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xenosaga I, II and III

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sarah, May 8, 2008.

1. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

I looked through the forum a little and I didn't see a thread for this game. Not that I'm surprised its not overly popular anyway.

Did anyone else find Albedo freaky and scary as hell? I mean the dude is fucking insane.

If you liked the games what did you like about it? What annoyed you, etc.

I liked the cutscenes I can't help it I'm a sucker for cutscenes. The editing annoyed the hell out of me. So the first game can have Gnosis pounding people into hamburger meat but the third can't show Albedo breaking a Realian's arm? Or show us the blood on Allen and Jin (which is odder still considering the fact that the showed the blood on Allen in an earlier cutscene. :(

2. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

Albedo was one of the most awesome villains ever, but I only ever got to play the first game.

That said, i absolutely loved the first game.

The cutscenes were done masterfully, even if they were quite long.

If you play RPGs for the story, the 1st game was one that had plenty of it for you.

That said, from what i remember, the people being the creative ideas of the first game and the second and third game were different groups, as i recall.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I've beaten the first game, played some of the second (which sucks IMO) and didn't buy the third when I could have and now it's too hard to find. And yes, I agree that Albedo is a truly epic villain.

4. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

I found it used at GameStop (which pisses me off with their ridculous prices :mad: ) Though a lot of people keep telling me the second one sucks. I never bought it (I only bought 1 and 3 I plan on buying 2 but meh). Its too bad they had to shorten it from 6 games to 3. I get the feeling that we missed a lot of Cannan's backstory and more information. Oh well...I don't understand why people didn't like it but oh well what can you do.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Used PS2 games at my local GameStop are like 6-20$.

6. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

Only played two... Cutscenes were too long.

7. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

I meant the new games :D I mean they were charging me 40 dollars for Suidekon 5 new. When I could have bought it from the store near my house for 30 (Please note this included tax)

So yeah I considered the price to be a rip off. Though the two Xeno's I bought only cost me 28.50 Which wasn't too bad but they were both used.

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Oh, alright.