1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Terminal Justice by Overkill A.K.A Irrational Intelligence - R - Harry/Kara

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Vtigo, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've read MaW, but not the sequel, never really got into it, I read a bit of it, thats it.

Could I still pick this up? I really have no desire to read the sequel to MaW, I remember hating it.

2. TehLicha

TehLicha First Year

Excellent. I can't believe I never found this gem before, this really is a great story. I love the characterization and the ridiculousness of the JL's guesses towards who he is. It's amazing how the author can have Harry interpret his life in a way that implicates specific other people. Although, I don't like how he actually did become a god, but it's still very interesting.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Elli, yeah you can MaW is enough for this.

TehLicha, the power of belief is what did it.

The more people believe that Mr Black has done something/Is Something the more likely it is that it will be true.

4. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I'm on the second chapter and with the nod to the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy I know that I have no choice to give this a 5/5 eventually. I don't even have to read it, I'm that much of a Guidomaniac.

Loving this fic but chapter 8 would have been so much better without the god's and goddess' thing in the middle.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  5. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

um dude its DC what do you expect, they have Diana man for pete's sake.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ...What?

I swear, I read that sentence a few times before I caught it's meaning. And to be honest, DC doesn't do it any worse then Marvel, in which the entire Asgardian Pantheon is active...

I loved the story itself, though it's a hassle to keep myself updated it. Fairly well done, especially for a spin off, though there were some moments where it seemed like inherint Blackness of Mr. Black was rationalized, when I thought it best if that attribute of Mr. Black was best left unattributed. Other then that, I very much enjoy the story.

7. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Exactly and that's my issue with it, by explaining the whole thing this turned from being an amusing parody/crossover into something trying to be serious and although it was still very funny places, rationalisation ruined it for me. Still a 5/5 for its very good moments but not as excellent as it could have been. The Mr Black concept is entirely dependent on the amusing sequence of uncontrolled, random and favorable events that afflict Harry in his travels, by giving them some logical, rational basis it dulls the humor slightly.

8. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

True about the Marvel, my point JLU tended to bring gods into everything going so far as to make Diana out as Hades 'daughter' I should have clarified that better.

9. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Personnally I want to see what Waller and the Pres were talking about in the latest chapter.

10. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

For some reason the story chapters appear to have vanished from the group. Any of the chapter links clicked on say Document Not Found. Hopefully someone has a backup somewhere.

False alarm, my bad.

Sorry about the double post too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  11. Deric

Deric Squib