1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reaper

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Replay, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Replay

Replay First Year

Does anyone watch this show?

It was the one on CW about the guy whose parents allegedly sold his soul to the devil, so now he has to run around town doing the devil's dirty work and sending souls back to hell.

It doesn't really have anything particularly witty going for it, but the slapstick comedy is always good for an otherwise dull weeknight. Plus, I love Sock's character. :awesome

I think it aired one or two years ago, but any news of a second season dropped off the face of the earth for a while. But anyways, the second season is slated to start on March 3, CW at 9:00 pm ET after 90210. Can't wait ^_^

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Weird. I just watched the first season for the first time in the last two days.

Anyways, yeah, it's cool. I think Ray Wise may actually be the devil.

3. malaga

malaga Auror

My favourite characters are Sock and the devil at the DMV.

Also, DarthBill, 'because' is spelled wrong in your avatar.

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It's an image. I can't exactly change it.

5. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

It's the only good show on CW besides Supernatural (Smallville is dead to me). It has a good concept and for the love of god they better explain Sam's contract before the show gets canceled.

6. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

This sounds like a very interesting show to me. I've never heard of it before, but...

/goes off to torrent the first season.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is one of my favorite shows and I'm waiting patiently for the second season to start.

Sam's contract better be explained soon, but I'm more interested in something else.

Like what's up with Sam's dad, for instance. Is he a demon or an angel or something? No human could survive being buried alive like that. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be explained this season. Hopefully.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Ditto. It's pretty hilarious at times, too. It almost doesn't need an overarching story, because the characters are all so awesome. I was pretty excited when I heard it was coming back.

9. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Damn I forgot about that. Wasn't the mom also, or was it just the Dad?

10. Vira

High Score:
    Just the dad so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if the mom was also like that.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well it would probably be a good guess that shes at least bare minimum magically inclined because when Sam told her what happened to his dad their was nothing but her little act and she went out and dug him up with no hesitation that he was still alive and kicking after being buried alive like that. However what I'm really interested to see is where this idea chain that Sam is really the Devil's son is going to lead.

12. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

^^That's what it was, she helped dig him out without surprise. And yeah the devil's son thing would be cool to see.

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

14. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Sock's Chinese sister is hot. I can't wait for this show to come back. It's a lot of fun like phych but with more super natural special effects.

15. Krogan

High Score:
    I had really been under the impression that the whole Sam is the Devils kid was kind of an unknown when the season finale aired but I guess not seeing that preview. Also Sock is awesome "My sister, gotta rmember she's my sister."

16. Replay

Replay First Year

Tonight's episode was...really weird. We get no closure on what's up with Sam's (adopted?/human) dad? :( And I really wanted to see those two gay demon guys again, whichever one was left after the finale.

Btw, did anyone catch what happened

to the cattle prod after that black guy knocked Sam out with it? The devil didn't seem that upset about it...or even mention it at all.

17. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I assume the guy just threw it down and ran for it because the devil seemed to know that Sam had succeeded.

18. Vira

High Score:
    This episode seemed a bit weird to me. Maybe because I haven't watched the show for so long, but it just seemed kind of... off. Hmm.

Anyways, I greatly enjoyed the episode, especially when the fairy music played as Sam descended from the roof. Of course, I predicted Sam would use the water to conduct the electricity as soon as he used the hose on the souls. I'll have to thank Pokemon for allowing me to actually guess something like that.

The Devil was brilliant, as always. Though, I thought he wasn't very happy when Sam was completely willing to go drinking with him. And, does the Devil even know that the free soul had escaped from hell with all those gang members?

The only downside to this episode was Andy, who I thought was really bitchy. I just hope it won’t continue throughout the season.

19. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

The episode seemed off to me too, mainly because of what's been said, there wasn't closure. WTF happened to the dad, wasn't he dug out, thus not dead? When was it said that Sam is the Devil's son. I know the gay demon thought it enough to capture Sam, but why is Sam now so sure about it?

Really it wasn't a bad episode it just annoyed me that they didn't touch on the past season enough. I thought the raddish scene was hilarious
    "I like radishes? I don't understand, like sexually? Now that's just wrong".

20. Krogan

High Score:
    Well its not even just that Sam is sure about it that confuses me, the Devil seems to be going along with it to, maybe hes just fucking with Sam but I just find it odd how not just Sam but everyone seems sure hes the Devil's kid.

Also with the dad Im willing to let it go for now, because the way I see it he has to lay low for a while. If anyone at all sees he isnt still six feet under shits going to hit the fan. The demons thought he was human and that he was dead, Sam thinks hes human and dead, and as far as we can tell the Devil thinks he was human and dead. If he suddenly pops back up without a scratch, that gives the demons a whole new set of issues with Sam, it would probably break whatever deal he was so worried about messing up when Sam was asking about his real father and just cause a lot of shit in general.

Next, Andi, jesus they really cranked her bitch meter to 11 for this episode, I've never liked her but she just got almost unbearably annoying in this episode. Anyone besides me hoping for Cadi the devil girl to come back?

Last, who was paying attention to the Devils little speech at the end about the terrible things Sam would do under his command? That sounded like a very fun bit of foreshadowing.