1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Intoxication by nos tres reges - T

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark-Stallion, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

This blew my mind. At the moment, that's all I have to say. 5/5

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I don't know whether to be immensely impressed or incredibly sad:

On one hand, this story is amazingly good - excellently written, well planned, and aesthetic in every possible way. My only concern was Harry's sheer dick-ness against the Slytherins in the beginning, but I suppose that was simply a facet of his character we discover later.

On the other hand, I'm sad to be this happy to read the story - what does it say about the fandom nowadays?

Overall though, 5/5

3. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

What's funny is that at first I was convinced that this was purely unintentional, complete with Mary Sue Daphne. Which really says a lot about the Harry/Daphne genre. Around the time he started beating down the Slytherins for no reason I started getting the hint. In some ways it's a mockery of H/Daph fics and for that I like it even more.

4. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Wow. This story is simply amazing. Very thought provoking. I cannot say that I've read a fanfic any time recently that just made me go 'wow' at the end of it. Best Harry/Daphne story easily, even if it is only a one-shot and the fact that
    she dies

I really enjoyed Harry's characterization. You can tell he's completely changed and desensitized from the Voldemort conflict, as evidenced by him doing a lot of morally objectional shit
    the torture, memory modification, implied murders at the end, etc.
    . As mentioned, the parallels between him and Riddle were very well done and very believable. I also like the fact that he's, well, a little bit nuts to say the least. The creepy/stalker aspect was fucked up, but very fun to read. I honestly thought he really was going to
    kill himself near the end
    , as I thought his 'love' for Daphne was real. And then in like the very next scene
    we see him pulling the same love/stalker/creepy dude shit on Tracy

Jesus. I still kind of reeling from this. All I know is that I want to see more of this Harry, perhaps a one-shot sequel.

And as for the complaints about it including too much negative shit and underage fucking, do any of you guys actually go out of your house? I knew kids who were fucking at 12, and I've known a few girls that have gotten raped and one case of serial abuse. At 14, most kids have at least made it to second base. And to the person that said that stuff was added for 'no reason', that is just dead wrong. It provided us needed back story and insight to Daphne's character, and really brought near OC characters into reality, as they behaved like 'real' people and experienced stuff that nearly everyone can identify with. Not to mention it adds to the overall style and feel of the story.

Best of '10 easily, and probably '09 as well. 5/5

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Brilliant. Harry's characterization was so incredibly creepy, especially the fact that he seems to be stalking Slytherins. The only thing that bugs me about this story is that Harry is somehow a brilliant wizard all of a sudden.
    5/5

6. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

This just about sums up my thoughts as I haven't read a lot of new fics that catch my attention the way this one does. Very nicely done and a amazing Harry in this story. Creeped out but in a good way.

5/5

7. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Elder Wand.

I was impressed, true, but I am a bit put off all the same. It didn't seem like a Harry Potter story to me. Yes, the main character had Harry's name, but it wasn't Harry; it was a psychopathic fandom!James Potter in Harry's place.

Still, the story was good, and I was hooked until the end, and for that it gets at least a 4/5.

8. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Off hand, I'm thinking that this story is probably the best non-crossover HP one-shot I've ever read and second-best HP one-shot to Ruskbyte's "Evil Be Thou My Good."

5 stars.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As Taure said, this is an incredibly good piece of fanfiction, however, I didn't enjoy it.

At the start, I thought it was creepy. Wasn't sure about the casual use of memory charms or Torture, then I started enjoying it as it moved on. The date scene was written incredibly well. Initially, I thought this was going to be something like Lust of a Dark Soul, but more refined.

Honestly, I hated the end. I admit, it was done well, but it removed any positive and happy feelings I got from the story. Immensely thought provoking? Yes. Creepy? Yes. Does what it set out to do? Yes.

Enjoyable? No.

While I will never reread this, and I almost regret reading it, I cannot help but give it 5 stars. It is a superb piece of writing, that really makes you feel.

I think I am beginning to ramble, I still haven't quite gotten my mind around what I have just read, so I'll stop there.

10. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

What's the matter with you guys and 14 year olds having sex? I'm 17 and I can tell you that 14 year olds having sex is not uncommon at all. At least not female 14 year olds having sex.

Anyway, great story, really captured my interest. The whole creepy/stalker Harry was really awesome, especially in the last paragraph:)

5/5

11. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

What about the eleven-year-old having sex with the seventeen-year-old? That is creepy shit.

Also, woman just don't fuck eachother that often. They really don't. Hot chicks do not have lesbian sex when you're not looking. It just doesn't happen.

12. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

It's cool though, since it's lesbian sex.

No, they don't fuck when you're not looking. They fuck when you ARE looking. Girls will do pretty much anything with other girls just to grab guys attention. All girls are bisexual at heart, even if they vehemently deny it.

13. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Truth, on another note this story is WIN 5/5. Also should check out his/their other story, its pretty decent.

14. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Twists and turns took me for a bumpy ride.

5/5

15. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

I must ask; Where was Daphne's wand?

5/5, easily. Best oneshot I've ever read.

16. Dizstance

Dizstance Second Year

Uh, Daphne mentions fucking Nott in second year, and no I don't think 14 year olds have the "right to a healthy sex life". I don't think most 14 years old's bodies are physically mature enough for sex, to be honest. Regardless of that, I found the mentions of Daphne getting raped by her father constantly, the mention of Daphne and Nott fucking in second year, and Hermione, a 14 year old fucking Viktor a 17 year old, all quite disgusting.

That's not to say that I think 14 year olds "need to be protected" (whatever that means), I just don't think they should be having sex, and I certainly don't think the author needs to constantly mention these pre-teens/early teens kids all for some random reason sexually active. Do you really think it added anything at all to the story? Whether Daphne had sex with Malfoy or Nott or whoever adds nothing to her character, same with Hermione having sex with Viktor. You can justify Daphne being raped by her father as important to explain her motivation but everything else was just ridiculous imo.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Im pretty sure this fic wasn't meant to be believable/serious. If you read the dedication, its for Vlad, and well frankly, that should tell you all you need to know. :p

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lololol. I don't think I can think of anything to say here. Seriously. Either you see it or you don't.

Or wait, yes I can. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of these people that rather preferred less government than more, and especially them to stay out of your everyday live, thanks? The point is of course, that the right to do what you want with your own body is one of the more basic rights, (which certainly includes the right to have sex), and neither you nor me nor any government should be allowed to decide different. Denying that and passing overly strict laws regarding your sex-life was always one of the more curious contradictions of America (I spared the word 'hypocritical' here, which also comes to mind).

Of course everyone has the right to a healthy sex life.

And yes, at 14 too. Because you see, "I don't think most 14 years old's bodies are physically mature enough", is an easily refuted bullshit point, since puberty typically begins at the age of 10 or 12 for boys respectively (where typically =/= "I was raped by my father since I was a child", as a side note). I'm assuming you meant something like mentally mature enough, and tell you I disagree. Still.

A creepy old guy forcing himself on a child is disgusting (which was the point, and an important detail in Daphne's character). A fourteen year old girl having sex voluntarily, is not. Not ever. It's natural, and otherwise no one's business.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Off the point. As adults of course we're going to find kids having sex a bit disturbing. But the point is that the kids obviously don't find it disgusting. I remember being 14 quite well, and I certainly was quite up for sex at that age, and thought there nothing wrong with that. What right do adults have to project their likes and dislikes onto children? If an adult dislikes a certain food, should he try to make his child also dislike it?

You can come up with some kind of bullshit moral reasoning - possibly - to say they shouldn't be having sex, but it doesn't hold up in the light of history. For over a hundred thousand years humanity have been fucking like rabbits whenever we could. It's our evolutionary imperative, and natural as breathing. It's only very recently we've started attaching moral codes to the act and even then, only in the past 100 years or so that we've set the bar at such a high age. People used to get married at 14.

Of course older people abusing children is another matter, as is that of rape.

20. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

IIRC in ancient Rome at 14 boys entered adulthood. As to women, well, for the better part of human history the rule was: if it bleeds it's old enough to get married.